What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

12 minutes ago, galenkia said:

I struggle at both because I am crap. 😀

I can't hit the broadside of a barn with a pool ball. I can play if people want and I look like I know what I am doing. But I only sink 1 out of 10 shots if I am lucky. Snooker? A different animal for me and I find it much more difficult. 

I remember on Shh, there were some threads on the game. From what I remember boydeste is a dangerous player and other BMs always mentioned that he's a wizard on the felt. 

• Thanks 1

Just finished my final shift rotation , now off for 2 weeks. It was rather unpleasant on Friday, I was perched on top of a Crane replacing one of the HV motors. Not only was it effing hot, I was also wearing heavy overalls and we had to use cutting gear to remove it because the motor had been there 20 or so years and the fixing bolts had not been greased and tied ( we add loads of heavy grease then wrap any exposed threads and bolts in a linen type of cloth, then seal it to stop the rust penetrating and "exfoliating" like you may see old rebar doing on some buildings).

Using gas cutting gear in 35 degree heat while wearing overalls, a hat and a mask, plus a covid mask , I know how Alec Guinness felt in "Bridge on the River Kwai" , when he came out of that little tin box, I was sweating like a fat bird shagging in a sauna. Finished the job this morning, now on holiday for 2 weeks and enjoying a very cold bottle of Red Horse.

My piss is also less yellow than it was yesterday.

Got 2 weeks to finish the Patio, Garden and try to relax in between.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Butch said:

Just finished my final shift rotation , now off for 2 weeks. It was rather unpleasant on Friday, I was perched on top of a Crane replacing one of the HV motors. Not only was it effing hot, I was also wearing heavy overalls and we had to use cutting gear to remove it because the motor had been there 20 or so years and the fixing bolts had not been greased and tied ( we add loads of heavy grease then wrap any exposed threads and bolts in a linen type of cloth, then seal it to stop the rust penetrating and "exfoliating" like you may see old rebar doing on some buildings).

Using gas cutting gear in 35 degree heat while wearing overalls, a hat and a mask, plus a covid mask , I know how Alec Guinness felt in "Bridge on the River Kwai" , when he came out of that little tin box, I was sweating like a fat bird shagging in a sauna. Finished the job this morning, now on holiday for 2 weeks and enjoying a very cold bottle of Red Horse.

My piss is also less yellow than it was yesterday.

Got 2 weeks to finish the Patio, Garden and try to relax in between.

I have been in similar situations myself, not pleasant, but nice that you now have a couple of week off

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JPK said:

Just back from out on the mountain bike for a few hours. Having a quiet afternoon watching some football then a takeaway later and watch the boxing. Exciting stuff 😂

F292ACEF-03CD-4704-9747-6DF5B1233A1C.jpeg

Has your bike got a puncture, or why are you riding your sister's bike? 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Has your bike got a puncture, or why are you riding your sister's bike? 

it's got a dropper post seat on it, you press a lever and the seat goes up or down,  makes it easier going down hills faster supposedly 😀

Edited by JPK

1 minute ago, JPK said:

it's got a dropper post seat on it, you press a lever and the seat goes up or down,  makes it easier going down hills faster supposedly 😀

Sounds like a dildo to me, each to their own like ....

• Haha 1

Just now, Krapow said:

Sounds like a dildo to me, each to their own like ....

If you took the saddle off I suppose it could be used for that😀. ill send you a link you can get yourself one 😀

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Been working on this piece of code for the last 7  - 8 hours .. a little tricky .. but, I will test it a couple more times and I think I am good to go ...

Started pounding beers about 1 hour ago ...

IMG_5321.JPG

Hahahaha....

A bit sleepless here, so I woke up at 04.00 and now in the sofa with a whisky coke ....

I am a pensioner, and it's Sunday after all, so feck it ! 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just got back from my snooker playing mates house,we've not played snooker for a while but I went there to watch the FA Cup final,,,,drank lots of vin blanc & had a great chat & his Thai GF did us a load of good snacks....& now I'm half pissed....ho hum....

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Another day by the ocean. I think I might stay here for one more month. Still gotta work from home come this autumn, but I can work from here just as well if I decide to come back again. 

IMG_20200801_203318129.jpg

I think my father and brother decided to stay out and do a bit of night fishing.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3