What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

56 minutes ago, Evil Penevil said:

Sheltering in the basement because of a tornado warning.  It touched down about 10 miles from where I'm staying and caused considerable damage but no loss of life has been reported.  The basement's OK, though, it has a den with TV.  The dog doesn't like being cooped up and keeps whining to go upstairs.  It looks like the hurricane won't get any closer to us.

Captureddd.JPG

Your not that far from me atm. I know that part of Delaware. I take Route 1 to Route 113 to get here. I am in Ocean City, Maryland and the tropical storm just passed. Very low impact with hardly any damage here.There was tornado watches here but no warnings. I am right on the water and watched the teenagers surf the waves this morning. Very entertaining.

Stay safe up there.

Edited by Steelers4Life
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Steelers4Life said:

Stay safe up there.

It's been over for several hours now except for winds still blowing harder than usual.  No damage to my niece's house or yard. But this happened to a house less than a mile from us. Front doors blown in, the whole back of the house was blown off.  You can see right through it:

Capturef.JPG         6148a210-6f8f-492d-bb7c-fb58aa1ad4e6-Brendon_Estates_3.jpg

A lot of houses in that block were heavily damaged with siding torn off and some outer walls knocked off.

Evil

• Surprised 2

1 hour ago, Evil Penevil said:

It's been over for several hours now except for winds still blowing harder than usual.  No damage to my niece's house or yard. But this happened to a house less than a mile from us. Front doors blown in, the whole back of the house was blown off.  You can see right through it:

Capturef.JPG         6148a210-6f8f-492d-bb7c-fb58aa1ad4e6-Brendon_Estates_3.jpg

A lot of houses in that block were heavily damaged with siding torn off and some outer walls knocked off.

Evil

I can not understand why in regions with plenty cyclones every year people still build wooden houses ? 

On 8/4/2020 at 6:20 AM, Yesitisdakid said:

Packing off again this time to the south 

Just back last night but only got down to Hua Hin as the weather looked dodgy on the islands further south.  Enjoyed the 44 baht train ride from Bangkok to HH.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, Sangsom said:

Norfolk coast....

B021ABAF-4966-4EBF-BA88-BBB3C518CED4.jpeg

I should have given you a wave, I was in Southwold yesterday :)

Currently (or about to, after my cuppa) TIG Weld the final piece of a bespoke inlet manifold for a friends project.

27 minutes ago, Butch said:

I should have given you a wave, I was in Southwold yesterday :)

Currently (or about to, after my cuppa) TIG Weld the final piece of a bespoke inlet manifold for a friends project.

I’m up on the north coast mate so still pretty far away.....

On 8/5/2020 at 2:35 PM, KWA said:

Just back last night but only got down to Hua Hin as the weather looked dodgy on the islands further south.  Enjoyed the 44 baht train ride from Bangkok to HH.

Next time take the train to Ban Krut ... a really nice little small seaside city .. the beaches are pretty good there .... but, you gotta bring your own company .. even though I have met a couple of gals there that were pretty cool .... and entirely different type of people there .. everyone I have ever met there is super nice ...