What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

11 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Just got back from an hours bike ride. 

Walked like John Wayne after getting off. 😀

A year after getting my Harley,in 2004,I rode back from Dijon via Basel to home.I'd intended to stop for the night somewhere but the thought of unloading the bike kept me going .

Ended up doing just over 800 miles and I was walking like JW for a couple of days.No way could I do it now,I went for a blast the other day for about an hour & was proper knackered when I got back.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

A year after getting my Harley,in 2004,I rode back from Dijon via Basel to home.I'd intended to stop for the night somewhere but the thought of unloading the bike kept me going .

Ended up doing just over 800 miles and I was walking like JW for a couple of days.No way could I do it now,I went for a blast the other day for about an hour & was proper knackered when I got back.

One day I will realise my body cannot take a sports bike riding position any more. 

Need a more upright naked like a Kawasaki Z900. 

Was planning on getting one after lockdown but things ain't great at work so don't want to invest big money. 

L_21ddf9ca06673119a1f7d08491.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Horizondave said:

Too be honest you are probably paying what the product is worth, £9.00 for a veggie green curry a bit extravagant.

It was the set lunch menu - 2 courses for £9. It seemed that they didn't have exactly that in their computer system, so had to do a work-around; you'll see that the Tom Yum Gung is shown as free.

19 minutes ago, Bazle said:

It was the set lunch menu - 2 courses for £9. It seemed that they didn't have exactly that in their computer system, so had to do a work-around; you'll see that the Tom Yum Gung is shown as free.

Sorry mate didn't see that, just zoomed in on the cost of the green curry......

Just got off the phone with my wife and son, who are camping in a field about 15 miles away. They have been there with a few Thai women and their children since Wednesday and have just about survived the 50 mph winds and torrential rain.

She packed everything except the kitchen sink, so is well equipped for just about anything the vagaries of the British weather can throw at her. 
Despite the weather, they seem to be having a great time and have decided to stay a few more days. 
Nothing seems to phase her and our son revels in being out in the countryside, no matter that it’s howling a gale.  
🤗

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

12 hours ago, coxyhog said:

Off to a Thai/farang bbq in Sutton,weather forecast is good so I drive there,drink a shedload then she pours me into the car & drives home.

Really good time,6 blokes & 6 Thai wives plus my mates son who is also married to a Thai but she wasn't there.I took a cold box with 15 bottles of Amstel in it....2 left when we got home.

947eb057-4c50-44b0-b335-ed096bba4a62.jpg

Edited by coxyhog
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

Just been over the park reading my Kindle for a couple of hours. 

Making the most of the sun as its meant to go to shit this week. 

Even managed an hour and 45 minutes in my bike as well, though I did need a 20 minute pit stop in the middle. 😀

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

19 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Just been over the park reading my Kindle for a couple of hours. 

Making the most of the sun as its meant to go to shit this week. 

Even managed an hour and 45 minutes in my bike as well, though I did need a 20 minute pit stop in the middle. 😀

I had a mooch on Autotrader and can’t believe how cheap bikes are. I’m tempted but it would be an extravagance and an unnecessary purchase 

what are you riding now ,? 

1 hour ago, AJSP said:

I had a mooch on Autotrader and can’t believe how cheap bikes are. I’m tempted but it would be an extravagance and an unnecessary purchase 

what are you riding now ,? 

ZX-7R 

This is mine. 

Cheapness depends on what you are looking for and how old it is. 90's Sportsbikes are well on the rise. And later ones hold their value as new ones are so expensive. 

What were you looking at?. 

DSCN0137.JPG.6f82573bb7e2e5abe2bd8799f416a0a4.JPG.86b47d360bf84b5c09f09c493f45d027.jpeg

• Like 1

...sold my condo here last year. Now in the process of buying another, this time in Central Pattaya.  Currently, home abroad so dealing will agents via messenger/line and doing real time virtual tours.  Hope to have one purchased soon....then begin a whole demo project from afar and have it ready when Thailand opens back-up/when I return.  

• Surprised 1

18 hours ago, Sea-Hawks said:

...sold my condo here last year. Now in the process of buying another, this time in Central Pattaya.  Currently, home abroad so dealing will agents via messenger/line and doing real time virtual tours.  Hope to have one purchased soon....then begin a whole demo project from afar and have it ready when Thailand opens back-up/when I return.  

That's adventurous mate.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2020 at 8:35 PM, galenkia said:

ZX-7R 

This is mine. 

Cheapness depends on what you are looking for and how old it is. 90's Sportsbikes are well on the rise. And later ones hold their value as new ones are so expensive. 

What were you looking at?. 

DSCN0137.JPG.6f82573bb7e2e5abe2bd8799f416a0a4.JPG.86b47d360bf84b5c09f09c493f45d027.jpeg

I looked at Trail bikes but if I’m honest it would be an necessary purchsase as I reckon it would be used twice a year !

19 hours ago, Sea-Hawks said:

You are indeed an optimist and I wish you the very best in your endeavours...

19 hours ago, Sea-Hawks said:

Why the urgency, pretty sure the condo market will be quiet at the moment, might be some bargains to be had once things start to open up and then at least you can be there to over see things ..

Edited by Stillearly
  • Thumbs Up 2

...initial wasn’t looking, but a lot of foreign sellers vs. very very few buyers. Took a look at the rolling 6/12/18 month #’s.  Lots of the buildings I prefer to buy into have sellers heavily discounting their units @ this current time.  I of course would prefer to oversee the remodel work in person, but given the current situation, very much would chose low cost/discounted unit vs waiting.   

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

...so, before I get started, I am Asian-American and about a quarter of my relatives have at least some or 1/2 Chinese heritage.  

The Chinese family across the street, slightly to the left, moved in 9 months ago and have never mowed their lawn.  My neighbors have politely offered them use of their lawn mower if needed.....and still no mowing done....just a jungle of high grass.  

The neighbors directly across the street, put a canoe on top of their car, packed up few things and took them & their kids on a vacation for a couple of weeks.  They asked me to water their lawn.  I noticed that there all of a sudden seems to be  dog crap on the lawn.  Another neighbor to my right came by to chat in the afternoon and told me the other Chinese family to my right, they will come out with their dog at night , walk across the street where the family is now on vacation, will let the dog crap on the lawn, won’t pick up the crap and then walk back across the street to go inside.  

I happened to be outside yesterday talking with another neighbor when the chinese guy to my right went to go to the mail box. I politely said hi to the chinese guy, told him that if he could from now on pick-up after his dog it would be appreciated.   I smiled and tried to keep it friendly....no reply, but mumbled something in chinese as he was walking away from us towards the mailbox.  The neighbor talking with me started to move towards the chinese guy, but I pulled him back and told him to just leave it alone.....

A few of the neighbors plan this weekend to go over and mow the lawn of the chinese family that has never mowed their lawn....

Edited by Sea-Hawks
forgot pics
  • Surprised 3