What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Just completed my only chore mowing the lawn, of what will generally be a relaxing day interspersed with gentle exercise. 

Off now for a short walk to our gym/pool for a swim with my lad. The suns out so may go for a short urban ride for half an hour after lunch and if I feel like it may head to the pub at 4pm to watch the footy. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just relaxing today, going to do little except a walk with Kataleya to Neath castle which is only 17 minutes away from our house. Yesterday I drove to London and back to hand keys to letting agent on previous property. Left at 6.30 am and back at 6.30 pm which included a drink with old friend near Heathrow, non alcoholic of course. 350 miles had taken its toll hence a bit of relaxation today.

We have an abbey in Neath as well, loving it. So happy to have left Greater London behind....

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Just relaxing today, going to do little except a walk with Kataleya to Neath castle which is only 17 minutes away from our house. Yesterday I drove to London and back to hand keys to letting agent on previous property. Left at 6.30 am and back at 6.30 pm which included a drink with old friend near Heathrow, non alcoholic of course. 350 miles had taken its toll hence a bit of relaxation today.

We have an abbey in Neath as well, loving it. So happy to have left Greater London behind....

I am guessing that finally closes one chapture in your life and opens another.

Enjoy your retirement. :default_drinks:

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Horizondave said:

In the George Hotel in Brecon having a nice pint of Abbot ale. Lovely part of Wales, the Brecon Beacons.

Going for a walk along the river to take more pics. Beautiful day.

20200921_114158.jpg20200921_114207.jpg

Man .. I used to drink the shit out of that when I lived in Bury St. Edmunds .. I worked in Thetford at the time ....  all the people in that part of the UK seemed super nice to me ( London -- you can keep the place ) ... I was there a little over a year ... then I was off to Moscow .... great beer ( or ale ) , doesn't matter to me ..

jeez .. some of the women in Moscow were total "knock-outs" .... really !

Edited by code_slayer_bkk
  • Like 1
  • Great Info 1

Just found out how to turn my central heating on.  Maybe a funny thing but other than at my old family home I have never had central heating in my previous houses before (mostly overseas with air con and 2 houses in UK had Dimplex storage heaters) so it was a bit of Googling to help me set it up.  

After having 2 heavy hail downpours today and a nip in the air I have finally got the central heating going.  Nothing to do with the hall temperature gauge or the Honeywell digital thermostat in the airing cupboard but just a turn of the switch on the Vokera boiler to a new setting for water and heating. Google is your friend as the actual Vokera boiler image was available and all settings explained so I felt comfortable playing with it.

Got Binlid and his lovely wife popping over for the weekend so it won't be just the beer that keeps us warm now that the radiators are heating up.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Just found out how to turn my central heating on.  Maybe a funny thing but other than at my old family home I have never had central heating in my previous houses before (mostly overseas with air con and 2 houses in UK had Dimplex storage heaters) so it was a bit of Googling to help me set it up.  

After having 2 heavy hail downpours today and a nip in the air I have finally got the central heating going.  Nothing to do with the hall temperature gauge or the Honeywell digital thermostat in the airing cupboard but just a turn of the switch on the Vokera boiler to a new setting for water and heating. Google is your friend as the actual Vokera boiler image was available and all settings explained so I felt comfortable playing with it.

Got Binlid and his lovely wife popping over for the weekend so it won't be just the beer that keeps us warm now that the radiators are heating up.

Today is the first day I have thought to run the heating, so far I haven't, but suspect tonight may be different, looks to be the last of the summer weather with daytime temps dropping off into the teens. I have done alot of work unblocking the micro bore pipes so hopefully nothing else will go wrong, the boiler is quite old now so we will see.

• Thumbs Up 1