What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Crying into my cornflakes, I  had a bet on the football last night and England result lost me £11500😭 

I was parked up in my car listening to the last 15 minutes  ,I think its the only time I've ever wanted England to win a football match😂

bet.jpg

• Sad 2
  • Surprised 2

Threw my old mountain bike, which I haven't been on for two years, in the back of my pickup and dropped the truck off at my local tire shop to have new winter tires installed, then rode home about 2km in -6C weather....brrr.....will have to do the return trip in a couple of hours but at least the sun will be up then; snow forecast for tonight and tomorrow so good timing. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, maipenrai said:

Threw my old mountain bike, which I haven't been on for two years, in the back of my pickup and dropped the truck off at my local tire shop to have new winter tires installed, then rode home about 2km in -6C weather....brrr.....will have to do the return trip in a couple of hours but at least the sun will be up then; snow forecast for tonight and tomorrow so good timing. 

It's 6 degrees here tonight and I thought I had it cold. Lol

Relaxing with a vodka and orange, and a bit of parda, wondering what I am going to do next week with the second Tier from Saturday in London. I am not f*cking going to the pub on my own

Perhaps I will have to take up needlecraft as a hobby and my Korg Kronos doesn't arrive until the  22nd October . Woe is me 

2 hours ago, Krapow said:

I know we can't talk about it here, but been watching some amazing news coverage from many different channels about what's going on you know where.

Yep, was surprised B.P. covered it so well, and even had a really surprising video in the article.

Things definitively changing.

10 hours ago, Krapow said:

I know we can't talk about it here, but been watching some amazing news coverage from many different channels about what's going on you know where.

Some/many of us who have been wishing we were there might be having a change of mind shortly.

First snow of the year last night and now it is -6C and blowing like hell - forecast is for sub-zero temperatures for at least the next few days so winter could possibly be here; normally in this neck of the woods we will get some snowfall in October but it won't stay until around Halloween, but I'm not too optimistic this year. Thankfully yesterday was a lovely sunny day and I managed to get my bikes put away and some other yard stuff done before the white stuff arrived...today will be a lazy day and it's off to the pub later. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, maipenrai said:

First snow of the year last night and now it is -6C and blowing like hell - forecast is for sub-zero temperatures for at least the next few days so winter could possibly be here; normally in this neck of the woods we will get some snowfall in October but it won't stay until around Halloween, but I'm not too optimistic this year. Thankfully yesterday was a lovely sunny day and I managed to get my bikes put away and some other yard stuff done before the white stuff arrived...today will be a lazy day and it's off to the pub later. 

I grew up in Chicago. Worked 40 years in Illinois. Got the f**k out as soon as I could. 

Chances I'll never see snow or ice again.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

I grew up in Chicago. Worked 40 years in Illinois. Got the f**k out as soon as I could. 

Chances I'll never see snow or ice again.

Yeah, this will probably be my first full winter here for many years and I'm really not looking forward to it....

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Bundle up. It got worse every year for me. Compounds as you get older. 

No worries there,  I have lots of winter gear I haven't used much for years as I spent a career mostly outside doing utility work. Also, we have a dry cold here, not like where you lived by the great lakes where the damp goes right through you...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Thinking how much of a problem France has with these Islamist extremists, an 18 year old just beheaded a teacher ffs.

Wrong analyse.

The incident is true,the analyse is wrong, or at very least premature.

Edited by Thai Spice

Got back from the pub after a pleasant 3-hr visit with my mates, and then fired up my big woodstove for the first time this year - it is -8C now and expected to dip to -13 tonight with no respite for  a few days so it's a good time to do so...I've had my forced air oil furnace going so far with regular day/night adjustment but the wood is a much more comfortable heat....

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2