What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

On 10/17/2020 at 1:52 AM, maipenrai said:

No worries there,  I have lots of winter gear I haven't used much for years as I spent a career mostly outside doing utility work. Also, we have a dry cold here, not like where you lived by the great lakes where the damp goes right through you...

That's for damn sure. 

The coldest I've ever been was when it was right at 32-33 F. It was raining (like slush). The ground  was frozen solid though with about a 2-3 inch layer of packed snow/ice. The snow on the ground had turned to slush, the rain constant and moderately heavy. 

I was out directing traffic at a basketball game for a good two hours. I was layered with proper clothing and jackets followed by heavy (quality) rain gear. That fucking rain never let up. I ended up getting saturated. Man... I will never forget that day.

I have been out in dry -20 F many times for long periods. Never got close to hold cold I was that on day when it was around 33 F.

14 hours ago, Krapow said:

Has anyone seen @JPK?

I'm a bit worried, there's only so many bottles of buckfast you can drink, and bounce the empties of a picture of Neil Lennon while screaming ginger prick, before getting sectioned!

:tonic: :tonic: :tonic:

We are terrible, I never wanted Lennon back the guy is clueless.  If he's still the manager next year I will be binning my season ticket.  2 nil down and we are trying to pass it from the back up the park and losing the ball everytime😀  I hate to say it but Gerrard has get Lennon sussed. 

While our current weather system was moving in the other day, with its attendant high winds, I noticed that my rooftop extractor vent was making a lot of noise - went up on the roof yesterday and took it down and gave it a good lube and now it's quiet again - first time i even had to look at it in the six years since I had my roof completely redone. Now I have everything done around the yard and house, all toys and seasonal vehicles put away properly and I am ready for winter, bring it on...the pubs are always warm and are basically functioning as usual with only the seating reduced somewhat for social distancing, not that any of the regulars really give a damn about that anyway...very safe part of the world to be living in nowadays. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, maipenrai said:

No fishing this weekend? I got an invite to go ice fishing later this winter with friends, haven't done that for years...

I don't fish at the weekends, Too busy.

Ice fishing would be a new adventure for me. Enjoy mate.

On 10/16/2020 at 11:32 PM, Krapow said:

Thinking how much of a problem France has with these Islamist extremists, an 18 year old just beheaded a teacher ffs.

On 10/16/2020 at 11:46 PM, Thai Spice said:

Wrong analyse.

The incident is true,the analyse is wrong, or at very least premature.

Not really sure of what was wrong in what i said?

It's repulsive in all sorts of ways.

Know what ? 

I am getting used to this boring.pensioners routine !  

20201020_070548_copy_768x1024.jpg

Next step ? 2 or 3 nubile Balinese girls in the pool ! Working on it !

Yop, I could put Miss Indo in the pic, but she isn't really "nubile" ....

And the favourite little niece did marry 😥😥😥😥 

Anyway, f**k the doom and gloom.... ENJOY life !  Going on to 68 and more !

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

After getting my mums car sorted with a new battery & other bits last week the battery in my Merc died on Saturday.

£246 for a new one but I can't complain as the car is nearly 10yo & it was the original.

Then after a jump start from my mates Q7 this morning off to my neighbours body shop for his mechanic to fit it.

The only charge for that being my missus has to cook them some Pad Thai.😁

• Like 1