What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

2 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Just thinking about why I was not smarter with my cash in my youth, and already retired to some tropical island. 
Instead, I’m staring at this 9 days before Halloween

Life just ain’t fair.......

D98E66E9-4559-4774-B10C-950C4D63C9CA.jpeg

-17C here this morning and forecast for -20 tonight - pretty cool for mid-October; usually the snow doesn't stay here until Halloween but I don't think the light skiff on the ground now will melt before then...

• Surprised 1

10 minutes ago, galenkia said:

While googling something I have just discovered that there is a disease called Kawasaki disease. 😀

It's not an addiction to Japanese motorcycles sadly but a cardiac condition of the hearts arteries. 

Hope ya haven't got the latter mate.

• Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, galenkia said:

While googling something I have just discovered that there is a disease called Kawasaki disease. 😀

It's not an addiction to Japanese motorcycles sadly but a cardiac condition of the hearts arteries. 

Kawasaki disease is a syndrome of unknown cause that results in a fever and mainly affects children under 5 years of age. It is a form of vasculitis, where blood vessels become inflamed throughout the body.
Other names: Kawasaki syndrome, mucocutan...
Symptoms: Fever > 5 days, large lymph nodes, ...
Differential diagnosis: Scarlet fever, juvenile rh...
Complications: Coronary artery aneurysms

Kawasaki disease - Wikipedia

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/22/2020 at 2:39 PM, Stillearly said:

Just been for a 5.6mile walk in the sunshine 😎

and had this waiting for me when I got home  ( Amazon Prime day purchase) 

87C56404-5D9C-481F-8414-107C84D741E5.jpeg

7134114F-47C8-4D98-9E5E-80E9A209F28D.jpeg

We have one. Actually really impressed - you’ll enjoy it. They are very useful for a multitude of food types, sweet, savoury , meat etc 

5 minutes ago, AJSP said:

We have one. Actually really impressed - you’ll enjoy it. They are very useful for a multitude of food types, sweet, savoury , meat etc 

The only thing I have tried so far is French fries , but didn't find them any better than doing then in the oven ... need to try something else in it .. one thing , it's very easy to clean afterwards 

30 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

The only thing I have tried so far is French fries , but didn't find them any better than doing then in the oven ... need to try something else in it .. one thing , it's very easy to clean afterwards 

I think you’ll warm to it. It’s quicker, easier, and and you say , cleaner. Without trying to penny pinch I think it’s properly cheaper on elec / gas as well 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, AJSP said:

That's good.... I ordered one (different make and smaller) earlier in the week.  Looking forward to trying it out.

10 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

Resetting all the wall clocks in my place. Nearly fell off the ladder just now. I was considering just leaving them and living in the future. 

Here in my part of Canada, we always followed our neighbour British Columbia's practices regarding time changes, so we were always on the same time as Vancouver, no matter what time of year; however, this year our gov't consulted with BC's gov't and our own constituents and the general consensus was that the populace didn't want to change the time so we didn't. Then, the BC gov't went back on their own word and decided to change their time after all - but we were already committed to NOT changing our time so now, for the first time in my living memory, we will be on the same time as Edmonton, Alberta and Vancouver will be an hour behind us - which is bound to cause some adjustments for a lot of people and businesses going forward....

• Thumbs Up 1