What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Just noticed earlier my Daughter's UK Passport expires in July next year, so did the online renewal. Fast and easy, well, apart from uploading the 'correct' digital pic. Took about 5 attempts, different pics, rejected for shadows, hair not pulled back enough etc. £54 which includes recorded delivery back.  Just have to post her old one and current Irish one off  tomorrow. 

Irish one is not due to expire until 2022.

Still haven't got her a Thai one yet, that would be 3 she would have!

• Thumbs Up 2

On 11/8/2020 at 3:00 AM, boydeste said:

It's a shame that the night I was free in Bkk you were busy at the hospital earlier in the year.

There will be another time to get together again methinks when all of this shite gets sorted.

Jeez ... I can only hope Bro .. because this thing has ended up controlling everything ... I just hate it all

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Whilst avid readers of this forum will know i'm certainly not a big fan of conspiracies, the timing of this new vaccine announcement and the US election has even me thinking, hmmmmm 

It's all about the $$$...

Time to take fighting Covid seriously. Change is good in this respect. Vaccines are on the runway.

US stock markets seem to like it. A lot.

I cashed in a bit already (cha-ching)...& it's not even 8am where live.

Very simple.

1 hour ago, Krapow said:

Whilst avid readers of this forum will know i'm certainly not a big fan of conspiracies, the timing of this new vaccine announcement and the US election has even me thinking, hmmmmm 

Pfizer didn't take government funding I believe so they could be free from influence / pressure 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/7/2020 at 1:00 PM, boydeste said:

It's a shame that the night I was free in Bkk you were busy at the hospital earlier in the year.

There will be another time to get together again methinks when all of this shite gets sorted.

Count me in too - I still regret the night I missed Code's message to meet up with him while we were both in BKK...

• Like 1

On 11/9/2020 at 4:36 PM, Stillearly said:

Pfizer didn't take government funding I believe so they could be free from influence / pressure 

Pfizer didn't need govt funding because they did jack shit to develop this immunization (NOT a vaccine, as no immunization other than that for Smallpox is a vaccine.....VACCINE -< VACCINAE -< VACCINIUS - "of or relating to cows"). 

Biontech are wholly responsible for the product development and hawked it around all the big pharma co's to get it mass-produced. Pfizer got it. The -70c requirement from manufacture to patient delivery is a HUGE logistical issue that meant a lot of the bigguns did not want to know.

It's this same cryogenically freezing necessity that has hindered the development of all the similar RNA type products that Biontech and it's similar competitors have been working on. Biontech (rightly) gambled that a situation like Covid19 would break down the barrier for acceptance of such an incredibly hard to manufacture, distribute, store and deliver product.

Taking the UK as an example, looking at the utterly shambolic, failed, useless govt and NHS response to the pandemic to date, and thinking back to all big UKG/NHS IT/Logistics projects of the last 20 years or so.....do you think UKG/NHS can put in place a functional, successful logistical storage, supply, tracking, delivery system maintaining the required cryogenic storage of the product right into the arms of millions of people within a couple of weeks? I'm not sure they can do it within a couple of years.

For the same reasons, this is absolutely, totally a "First World" solution to the Covid problem...no way this product has any chance of functional success in Africa, South Asia, South America. This is also another reason why a lot of the big pharma boys said no thanks to it.

The other, more traditional types of product using live v.vectors that only need referring at supermarket cold aisle temps (2c-10c) that we'll also start seeing the Ph.3 results from very shortly will be what "save us"....if anything does.

Edited by Shaksey

2 hours ago, Shaksey said:

Pfizer didn't need govt funding because they did jack shit to develop this immunization (NOT a vaccine, as no immunization other than that for Smallpox is a vaccine.....VACCINE -< VACCINAE -< VACCINIUS - "of or relating to cows"). 

Biontech are wholly responsible for the product development and hawked it around all the big pharma co's to get it mass-produced. Pfizer got it. The -70c requirement from manufacture to patient delivery is a HUGE logistical issue that meant a lot of the bigguns did not want to know.

It's this same cryogenically freezing necessity that has hindered the development of all the similar RNA type products that Biontech and it's similar competitors have been working on. Biontech (rightly) gambled that a situation like Covid19 would break down the barrier for acceptance of such an incredibly hard to manufacture, distribute, store and deliver product.

Taking the UK as an example, looking at the utterly shambolic, failed, useless govt and NHS response to the pandemic to date, and thinking back to all big UKG/NHS IT/Logistics projects of the last 20 years or so.....do you think UKG/NHS can put in place a functional, successful logistical storage, supply, tracking, delivery system maintaining the required cryogenic storage of the product right into the arms of millions of people within a couple of weeks? I'm not sure they can do it within a couple of years.

For the same reasons, this is absolutely, totally a "First World" solution to the Covid problem...no way this product has any chance of functional success in Africa, South Asia, South America. This is also another reason why a lot of the big pharma boys said no thanks to it.

The other, more traditional types of product using live v.vectors that only need referring at supermarket cold aisle temps (2c-10c) that we'll also start seeing the Ph.3 results from very shortly will be what "save us"....if anything does.

I doubt anyone can do it in a couple of weeks .....

Also, I heard someone on the news 3 - 4 days ago talking about this potential vaccine ( I could say a lot about vaccines because I wrote a huge protocol program at the hospitals that all the Doctors follow ) was that the over freezing temperature was amazing ... not to many facilities have those capabilities ... methinks!

• Like 1

Just out of immigration.dept for the usual picture and finger printing for the annual visa renewal.

All staff young, very smiling and polite. A real pleasure.

One of the staff was a tall, tall stunner. Cute face, very short modern haircut 😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘. Instant love ......

Anyway, good for 1 more year.

• Like 1