What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

Just been for a flu jab .... 🙂 

Got mine last week. No negative reaction, not even slight soreness.

A must do every year. 

I get a kick out of people who say they never get them.

If they ever had the real flu they would......  55555

Sheer misery for a week to 10 days. Not just runny nose, sneezing and coughing. Hardcore body aches that never go away and nothing can relieve the pain. Absolute awful thing. Just knocks the shit out of you.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Glasseye said:

A must do every year. 

Sheer misery for a week to 10 days. Not just runny nose, sneezing and coughing. Hardcore body aches that never go away and nothing can relieve the pain. Absolute awful thing. Just knocks the shit out of you.

I'm lucky I've never had the flu , just a bad cold now and then ..

my first time having the jab , but with everything else going on , thought I would follow the recommendations to have it , also it was free  👍

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

I'm lucky I've never had the flu , just a bad cold now and then ..

my first time having the jab , but with everything else going on , thought I would follow the recommendations to have it , also it was free  👍

Very wise thing to do.    For someone who was unfortunate enough to get covid and then get the flu they wouldn't stand much of a chance IMO.

1 hour ago, Glasseye said:

A must do every year. 

Always made me laugh at work when one of my staff gave their excuses for taking a day off.  The number of times I was told the staff member had flu was amazing but of course I told them it was either a sniffle or a 24 hour bug.  No way could a person with real flu make it back into work after 24 hours, in fact I always said that if you really had the flu then a £10 note on the floor would still be too much for you to be interested in, you just feel like death and no incentives are likely to see you interested.

Had it twice in my life and all I wanted to do was get to sleep so the banging headache would go away. I felt beyond crap and sleep was difficult.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Just been for a flu jab .... 🙂 

Been asking my gp surgery for a few weeks.... they said probably January due to lack of vaccines.  So I had mine done at a pharmacy late last week. 

Yesterday I get a text from the surgery.... Saturday any good? 

Just my luck!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Painter said:

Been asking my gp surgery for a few weeks.... they said probably January due to lack of vaccines.  So I had mine done at a pharmacy late last week. 

Yesterday I get a text from the surgery.... Saturday any good? 

Just my luck!

Similar experience, rang up yesterday but was told it would be a few weeks , so rang Boots and they said pop in today at 10 ..

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Always made me laugh at work when one of my staff gave their excuses for taking a day off.  The number of times I was told the staff member had flu was amazing but of course I told them it was either a sniffle or a 24 hour bug.  No way could a person with real flu make it back into work after 24 hours, in fact I always said that if you really had the flu then a £10 note on the floor would still be too much for you to be interested in, you just feel like death and no incentives are likely to see you interested.

Had it twice in my life and all I wanted to do was get to sleep so the banging headache would go away. I felt beyond crap and sleep was difficult.

yep.... feels like you've been run over by a truck..... and you have to lay there on the pavement for a week.

Probably has killed off more people than all the wars in history combined. 

On 11/27/2020 at 11:17 PM, Horizondave said:

Me too, with the first time being the most severe!

The first time I could not get out of bed for a week. Had a bucket next to the bed to piss in.

Went back to work after the week feeling like shite. A guy in the office looked at me and said there is steam coming out of your head which might have been a slight exageration. Went home and spent another week in bed with the bucket.

Took me three weeks to fully recover and I lost over a stone in weight in real money.

It would seem that for many individuals, maybe the majority for all I know, the adverse effects of Covid19 are no worse and for many much less than full blown influenza.

Edited by Jambo
  • Thumbs Up 1

Right now I am in recovery mode from bathing two of our dogs!

Nightmare on Elm Street!!

It always gives me back ache and my blood pressure went up from 114/60 this morning to 157/72  5 minutes after I finished trying to get the second one dry.

Sai's turn tomorrow with the other two  as I refuse to wash a dog with bollocks even if he is the pack leader!

I need(ed) a beer!

On number two now. 🙂

Edited by Jambo
time delay on beer consumption
  • Haha 1

On 11/27/2020 at 9:49 PM, Glasseye said:

A must do every year. 

I have never been as sick as what has been described on 5 - 6 posts here .. never ..

The worst for me was catching TB and I never felt as bad as what was described here ... the first 3 -4 days I could not keep my eyes open ... so fucking tired with no aches and pains ... went to the hospital and was diagnosed ... they gave me a shit load of pills .. turned my piss into weird deep colors .. but, was ok after a couple of days .. took pills for about 7 months .. totally healthy now ...

I have never been jabbed for the flu or anything else since I have been about 14 - 15 .. not sure if they work or not .. don't get angry -- just saying ... never have a runny nose . pains or anything else ...

Also, the majority of my life I was pretty wild and reckless ... caught the "clap" a couple of times .. never sick ....

I go from BKK back home to the deep south on the sea .. I will cough up shit the first day back home .. after that I am fine ... could be because of all the pot and cigs I smoke ... don't know .. don't care ...

The only time for as long as I can remember I went and saw a doctor was when I got TB ... otherwise I am healthy as f**k ... 

Eat everything except beef ... I don't understand ... maybe once or twice a year a good cheeseburger ..

I think it is because I don't sit around on my ass .. I am a pretty ( really ) active guy ... that helps for sure me thinks ...

I have written a gigantic vaccination disease system at the hospitals I work at .. I am pretty sure that facts speak for them selves that the only valid vaccinations are for MMR, Chicken Pox, Japanese Encephalitis, HPV ( for women ) , maybe one or two others that slip my mind right now ... 

Jeezuz ,, seems everyone is getting Influenza shots ... according to the data I collect and submit to the Thai Ministry of Health ( Thailand ) every 90 days ... seems that .... that vaccination is hit or miss ... seems you get the first one it is never ending after that ... just saying .. I am not a Doctor ...

I just write all types of analytical code for the Doctors to use and based on historical data for a patient ... my programs the Doctors use everyday ... I recommend to the Doctors to do this or that ... up to them if they do ... 

I think leave well enough alone .. don't mess with the balance your body provides for you ... just my opinion ..

Edited by code_slayer_bkk

Havent been really sober since 1 week...

Never really drunk, but in that semi stage . Really love it ! f**k, life is too short to take it seriously !

Enjoying being bachelor for 2 weeks ! 

But I am getting old, there would have been a time I would have had a dozen of "visitors" ...

• Thumbs Up 1

just finished taking the sample to check for bowel cancer. I do it every couple of years and all ok up to now. will take it to the post office as they said not to get it to hot and as it is 33 C I think it be too hot in the letter box. 

Waiting for the local "Homebase" to open as the tap unit in the kitchen snapped right off and we have had to turn the water off.

It is a double sink and we might as well replace both.

I am glad Sai did it and not me as I would still be having my ear bent. You should have heard the fuss made by my resident "back seat driver" when I reversed in the dark and demolished several of her mum's new potted cuttings she had left on the driveway. 🤣

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Krapow said:

Reading through the rigmarole of instructions for this. Got it via my work, do it tomorrow, more for curiosity. 

IMAG2200.jpg

Dear *********
Birth Date – *********
Test date: 27 November 2020

Your blood test did detect coronavirus (COVID-19) antibodies. It is a “positive” result.

This means it’s likely you’ve had coronavirus before. It does not mean you are immune (protected) from further infection. You might get the virus again or spread it. So, it’s important you follow the same guidelines as everyone else, to protect yourself and others from the virus. See https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus for the latest advice.

To find out more about what your result means, go to https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus

• Like 2
  • Surprised 1

1 hour ago, Krapow said:

Dear *********
Birth Date – *********
Test date: 27 November 2020

Your blood test did detect coronavirus (COVID-19) antibodies. It is a “positive” result.

This means it’s likely you’ve had coronavirus before. It does not mean you are immune (protected) from further infection. You might get the virus again or spread it. So, it’s important you follow the same guidelines as everyone else, to protect yourself and others from the virus. See https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus for the latest advice.

To find out more about what your result means, go to https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus

Were you surprised by the result?

1 hour ago, Lemondropkid said:

Were you surprised by the result?

Not overly no. Though no idea when. I can remember in late March early April i had a bad cold, not overly bad, just usual cold stuff.  But i had this weird overpowering taste in my mouth, i even posted about it on here at the time.  Didn't lose my sense of taste, just this overpowering taste for a week or so. Though back then anything to do with taste was never mentioned as symptom, so i thought no more about it, was okay after a week or 2.

No idea if it was then, just the taste thing now makes me think, hmmmm. But could just as well have been asymptomatic. 

That said, i'm happy with the positive result. 

Firstly, that i have had it and been fine.

Secondly, that probably, though not definitely, my wife and daughter will have had it as well and also been fine.

Thirdly, that i now have antibodies. They can't say officially that i'm now immune or for how long if so, but i could well have some level of protection now, i have the antibodies floating about ready to kick f**k outta it if infected again.  Won't stop me taking any precautions i currently am anyway, but feels a bit better in this time of uncertainty. 

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Krapow said:

Not overly no. Though no idea when. I can remember in late March early April i had a bad cold, not overly bad, just usual cold stuff.  But i had this weird overpowering taste in my mouth, i even posted about it on here at the time.  Didn't lose my sense of taste, just this overpowering taste for a week or so. Though back then anything to do with taste was never mentioned as symptom, so i thought no more about it, was okay after a week or 2.

No idea if it was then, just the taste thing now makes me think, hmmmm. But could just as well have been asymptomatic. 

That said, i'm happy with the positive result. 

Firstly, that i have had it and been fine.

Secondly, that probably, though not definitely, my wife and daughter will have had it as well and also been fine.

Thirdly, that i now have antibodies. They can't say officially that i'm now immune or for how long if so, but i could well have some level of protection now, i have the antibodies floating about ready to kick f**k outta it if infected again.  Won't stop me taking any precautions i currently am anyway, but feels a bit better in this time of uncertainty. 

Great news.

Interesting you feel you may have had COVID almost 8 months back and you still have the antibodies in your system.

N Ireland 10 COVID 0 😃

On 11/29/2020 at 7:08 PM, Thai Spice said:

Havent been really sober since 1 week...

Never really drunk, but in that semi stage . Really love it ! f**k, life is too short to take it seriously !

Enjoying being bachelor for 2 weeks ! 

But I am getting old, there would have been a time I would have had a dozen of "visitors" ...

Yea, when  I go at it .. it is about 1 week affair with beer and gals ( a wreckless binge ) .... 1 ( beer ) is to many for me and 100 is not enough ... then I will stop drinking beers for a month or 2 ... then I will get a hair up my ass and go at it again

You are not old Bro .. it is all in the mind .....

The only thing that makes me think seriously about life is Beach gal and Ziggy ... other than that f**k it ..

• Like 1