What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Just now, boydeste said:

Had a lazy day, but did do a 2.5 mile walk this afternoon and washed and tidied up the kitchen.

Now it's catchin up with my recorded TV.

I went out at lunchtime, was 5C ... avoided most of the rain , did just under 4 miles .. trying to get out more often, December was a bit of a wash out for me ..

1 minute ago, Stillearly said:

I went out at lunchtime, was 5C ... avoided most of the rain , did just under 4 miles .. trying to get out more often, December was a bit of a wash out for me ..

It's way too easy to be lazy,   I do lazy very well, but realise for the sake of my health I have to make the effort to get out.

• Thumbs Up 4

Decided to walk to town centre and back (7 miles) to visit Nationwide Building society. In there all of 4 minutes and no queue. I was tempted to take the bus back home but relied on a little discipline.  Having a nice hot cup of fresh coffee and Margareta thin crust pizza now as my reward. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

I have got into a bad routine where I sleep too long in the mornings and then am not tired at night so stay up longer. It was mid day before I got up today, so have to break the routine. Not easy to do as I like my sleep. Because I am loosing out on the morning time I am getting more and more lazy. Going to set my alarm for 9am tomorrow and try to break the cycle.

When I am allowed to go fishing, there is an incentive to get motivated, but it's been getting more and more difficult with these extended lockdowns.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Beautiful morning, went out and walked 3 miles around a local reservoir, it was full to the brim ...

then popped round to my Dads , he thought there was a blockage in his sink , checked under the sink but was clear ... so ended up lifting the drain covers and getting the rods out ... that was fun ... but all working okay now 🙂 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, boydeste said:

I have got into a bad routine where I sleep too long in the mornings and then am not tired at night so stay up longer. It was mid day before I got up today, so have to break the routine. Not easy to do as I like my sleep. Because I am loosing out on the morning time I am getting more and more lazy. Going to set my alarm for 9am tomorrow and try to break the cycle.

When I am allowed to go fishing, there is an incentive to get motivated, but it's been getting more and more difficult with these extended lockdowns.

Likewise - it's hard to be motivated in the morning when the sun doesn't rise until 11:00AM...we are slowly gaining light again but it'll be a while before it really becomes noticeable....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, boydeste said:

For my entire working life, which started when I was 12 yo (paper route) I've woken up at 5am.  No alarm necessary.  Regardless of when I went to sleep or time zone change - jet lag has never been a thing with me.

About a year after I retired, I suddenly started to sleep in, and I like it.  Now I set my alarm for 10am and sometimes blow it off.  I probably averaged 5 hours sleep back then, now it's over 8.  I can still get up earlier when it's necessary, but it requires an alarm.

I stay up into the early hours watching my shows (wireless headset in the bedroom when she's asleep) and I'm active when the markets in the US and any comms I have to do with US are necessary.

Works for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tko said:

For my entire working life, which started when I was 12 yo (paper route) I've woken up at 5am.  No alarm necessary.  Regardless of when I went to sleep or time zone change - jet lag has never been a thing with me.

About a year after I retired, I suddenly started to sleep in, and I like it.  Now I set my alarm for 10am and sometimes blow it off.  I probably averaged 5 hours sleep back then, now it's over 8.  I can still get up earlier when it's necessary, but it requires an alarm.

I stay up into the early hours watching my shows (wireless headset in the bedroom when she's asleep) and I'm active when the markets in the US and any comms I have to do with US are necessary.

Works for me.

Much the same,I worked away from home a lot but it was usually a 7am start so up at the crack of sparrows.Even my last job,which I commuted to from home,I was up at 5.30am.

Now I'm retired I usually go to bed between 1030-1130pm & get up around 12 hours later.Not all unbroken sleep I usually need a leak at around 4-5am & have trouble nodding off again,but I persevere.

• Like 1

Watching the US Presidential congressional confirmation process...& a minority of lawmakers trying to overturn the vote of the people.

This is possibly the one most historic governmental actions of my lifetime.

Almost 250 years of democracy being debated due to the subversive actions of a loser.

Gives me goosebumps.

Capture.JPG

2 hours ago, lazarus said:

Watching the US Presidential congressional confirmation process...& a minority of lawmakers trying to overturn the vote of the people.

This is possibly the one most historic governmental actions of my lifetime.

Almost 250 years of democracy being debated due to the subversive actions of a loser.

Gives me goosebumps.

Capture.JPG

...and then...

Trumpers stormed the US Capitol, sacked the chamber of government & blood has been shed.

f**k. Sad day for my country.

capitol-building-03-ap-jc-210106_1609963311862_hpMain_16x9_992.jpg

35 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Can't believe there's an attempted coup on when United are playing City in the semis of the Carabao Cup .... keep having to flick between channels  

fcuk ... City have just scored , the day is getting worse 

Same here, coup d'etat and the derby on the same time- what are Sky playing at!

• Haha 3

Sai has me on 14 day in house/garden ( increased from 10) isolation since I returned from Bangsaray/Pattaya. It turns out that the Region is now applying that to all visitors from other top tier Regions and I only missed this official sanction by 2 days.

So no cycle rides for another 8 days and I really miss the exercise now that my tweaked knee ligament has cleared up.

Just about to do research on low carbohydrate diets.

I start on Sunday.

I have to lose 22 kilo to get back to my old football playing weight. 🤣

That is 3 1/2 stone in real money.

20 hours ago, boydeste said:

I set my alarm for 930 and managed to drag myself out of bed. Not really done much other than drink tea, but it's a start. Everything is white outside from the usual frost overnight.

• Haha 1