What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

13 hours ago, Blue Streak said:

It's a WebP image M8...I'd never seen one of those before.....

wepea.jpg

It has been a long time since I went to Nottingham to see the Gooners play Forest but I do recall several people going into theTrent and not by choice. 😀

There had been so much trouble before the match that the police kept the Arsenal fans locked in the stadium for exactly one hour after the game finished.

When I lived in the West Midlands I had a Villa season ticket but rarely went to away games. After Villa played Forest one Saturday one of my mates in Birmingham made the front page of the Birmingham Evening Mail(?) under the caption "Local solicitor arrested for biting Nottingham police dog!" 🤣

2 hours ago, coxyhog said:

Up at the crack of sparrows for the cricket.Watched the first session on the laptop in bed with the missus supplying me with cups of tea.Got up when they took lunch.Root just got to 100.

England in total control 

15 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Why not ?

In a word Covid.

The pubs here have pretty much been closed now for most of the year and are still closed.

Any beer I drink now is at home.  Hopefully that will change in the summer if the vaccine gets rolled out quickly.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, boydeste said:

In a word Covid.

The pubs here have pretty much been closed now for most of the year and are still closed.

Any beer I drink now is at home.  Hopefully that will change in the summer if the vaccine gets rolled out quickly.

We've been lucky where I live - when I returned home from Thailand last April the bars were closed but then re-opened in mid-June with restricted occupancy and have been so ever since;  after a brief spike in Covid cases in November, as of December 1 we now need to enter and leave with masks, as well as during trips to the loo. Since that spike in November I notice that most of the patrons now seem to be the regulars - for example, last night would have been packed out for cheap beer night before this, but was only half/two thirds full on this occasion and I knew just about all of the customers. 

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, maipenrai said:

We've been lucky where I live - when I returned home from Thailand last April the bars were closed but then re-opened in mid-June with restricted occupancy and have been so ever since;  after a brief spike in Covid cases in November, as of December 1 we now need to enter and leave with masks, as well as during trips to the loo. Since that spike in November I notice that most of the patrons now seem to be the regulars - for example, last night would have been packed out for cheap beer night before this, but was only half/two thirds full on this occasion and I knew just about all of the customers. 

Ours did open for a little while during the summer too, but my mate who I usually drink with was shielding, so I used to call in at his house on my walks and have a beer with him outside in the garden, keeping our distance!

To be fair, I haven't missed it as I have been able to get good ale delivered to my door direct from the brewery and I do like the Abbot ale I get from Tescos.

The bit I do miss is seeing my mate as it's way to cold to sit in the garden right now with a cold beer.

It's been a stressful day.

I woke up to a cold house. My boiler had packed up. Good timing with it being freezing outside!

After taking all the covers off and doing a bit of investigation I found the flu fan to be burnt out. 30 minutes on the phone resulted in not being able to source one until Monday. I decided to take the hit and call out a National company in the hope that they would probably carry one on the van, or at least be able to get one today. A bit of a shock when a guy knocked on my door within the hour. Apparently he was working 2 streets away when the job came up on his phone.

The good news was he accepted my diagnosis, double checked himself straight away and confirmed that the fan was faulty. ( This saved alot of time as they charge by the hour )

Bad news was that he didn't carry the spare, nor did he have time to fit it today anyway, but he rang a supplier and they said they would have one in stock for him for tomorrow.

So I am in for a cold night. Fortunately I have an electric portable heater which is man enough to keep my living room well warm, but the rest of the house is going to get rather frosty. I also bought a new dovet this week for my bed and I haven't thrown the old one out, so it's a double douvet night in bed and see how we get on.

As a last resort, I do spend nights fishing on the bank, so I do have all the thermal gear to survive in the cold if need be. So I won't freeze too much. LOL

Just hoping he turns up tomorrow with the part and nothing else is wrong.

Edited by boydeste
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

3 minutes ago, boydeste said:

It's been a stressful day.

I woke up to a cold house. My boiler had packed up. Good timing with it being freezing outside!

After taking all the covers off and doing a bit of investigation I found the flu fan to be burnt out. 30 minutes on the phone resulted in not being able to source one until Monday. I decided to take the hit and call out a National company in the hope that they would probably carry one on the van, or at least be able to get one today. A bit of a shock when a guy knocked on my door within the hour. Apparently he was working 2 streets away when the job came up on his phone.

The good news was he accepted my diagnosis, double checked himself straight away and confirmed that the fan was faulty. ( This save alot of time as they charge by the hour )

Bad news was that he didn't carry the spare, nor did he have time to fit it today anyway, but he rang a supplier and they said they would have one in stock for him for tomorrow.

So I am in for a cold night. Fortunately I have an electric portable heater which is man enough to keep my living room well warm, but the rest of the house is going to get rather frosty. I also bought a new dovet this week for my bed and I haven't thrown the old one out, so it's a double douvet night in bed and see how we get on.

As a last resort, I do spend nights fishing on the bank, so I do have all the thermal gear to survive in the cold if need be. So I won't freeze too much. LOL

Just hoping he turns up tomorrow with the part and nothing else is wrong.

Have you got any brandy in..I'd get in a sleeping bag and hit the bottle 👍

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, boydeste said:

It is a drinking night for me and I have plenty in the house, but I am not in the mood and alcohol actually makes you colder.

You learn something everyday..plenty of tea with a drop of something 👍

6 hours ago, coxyhog said:

Absolutely knackered after being awake since 4.30am....since I stopped working a couple of years ago I've been getting up every day at around 11am so it's a bit of a shock to the system.

I leave home for work at around 4:30am each day. Come 11am my work day is just about done.

• Like 1