What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

1 hour ago, boydeste said:

Congratulations if that means she is pregnamt again.

Yea Bro .. what a journey .. I took me 12 years to finally marry her ( even though I always cared for her -- I was stubborn ) .. she never gave up on me ... and I gave her multiple reasons to ... she is a fighter ... you would never believe ... my type of gal ...

• Like 3

9 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

I haven't seen or been in snow for at least 35 or 40 years  ... the last I was when in was in Brooklyn which turned into sludge after about 10 minutes on the street . . don't miss it at all

I got transferred to Norway near the turn of the century.  My second Autumn there it started a light rain that didn't stop until it turned to snow several weeks later, which also didn't stop.  No sunlight for months.  I finally told my company they could transfer me back to SE Texas or I'd quit and work for someone else there.  They sent me back.

The only snow I've been in since was a freak only time in history snowfall on Christmas day in the Houston area.  By then TW was with me and loved it.  Being SE Texas it was gone before noon.

I like seeing snow on Christmas cards.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Beautiful day here in Neath but tomorrow the forecast is for snow which will be the first we have seen since we moved here last August. 

I hope it snows as Kataleya wants to see snow that she can play with, that will be the first time ever for her.

Yes - iPhone weather says same for us tomorrow over the bridge 

C18A6C06-8795-4B68-8090-8CBA7EA290A8.png

294518C6-FA44-41EC-A199-F092921626A4.png

Edited by AJSP
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just back from our morning walk. Only local and 1.5hours in the sunshine although still chilly with some frost/ ice on the ground - so many people around which gets on my tits as I’m a grumpy bastard. 

few photos

a pick up with a few passengers in the bacj

clifton observatory with the viewing platform midway down in the rock face

old style ground floor garage with accommodation above - actually owner occupied in the same family for generations but only in use for their own historic car and motorbike collection to be stored and worked upon. 

B25EA999-3AD3-4A2E-A33D-39C49F70E9A2.jpeg

F57A9959-3BFF-4DFB-8A5B-60E12F67397F.jpeg

8EB43ACA-503D-4441-B290-A356DFF23694.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/21/2021 at 3:26 AM, Jambo said:

There are not that many things I miss from the UK but a pint or three of real British, room temperature, proper beer is right up near the top of the list.

I will be visiting family in Scotland so it will be Deuchars IPA in East Calder or 80/- in "The Diggers" next to the Hearts in Edinburgh itself. 🤗

Spent a fair bit of time up in Scotland in the past and my favourite tipple would be a pint of Belhaven 80 shilling or their IPA.

15 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

When I lived in Bury St. Edmunds .. I drank the piss out of IPA and Abbot Ale .. great beers ( or Ale ? ) ... I thought ....

Yep Greene King IPA is good to start off with & then progress to the Abbot later....

• Great Info 1

1 minute ago, coxyhog said:

Did you go in the smallest pub in England in Bury St Edmunds?....You can get around 6 people in there.

I don't think so .. maybe .. I was in a couple of small pubs there .. really small I thought ... but, no one ever mentioned this to me .... I liked it there ... everyone seemed genuine and very nice to me ....

8 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

I don't think so .. maybe .. I was in a couple of small pubs there .. really small I thought ... but, no one ever mentioned this to me .... I liked it there ... everyone seemed genuine and very nice to me ....

I think I only went there once but as you say it's a nice place....& the beer is good!

Today’s short walk at midday so the overnight snow had melted generally. Spotted a few things that interested me. 

Im a big fan of FIAT cars and love the Arbarth styling and super cool badge. Also spotted Queen Victoria hiding in amongst the trees and bushes opposite the Zoo! Last summer she was by the suspension bridge, but lost her flute since.

5C1FB169-BF9F-4374-8D56-9C448D11ECD9.jpeg

0890C332-DA5D-457A-BC39-FD4F3B3BF89A.jpeg

A3F52622-9E58-4187-8B1B-7034CF5299C9.jpeg

DA744D8E-CFF5-4E5C-9A0C-A1B9B0D6438C.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1