What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

My fishing boots got put to good use this afternoon as I took to the streets in the snow for my walk.

It has settled here and it was nice to see so many people out with kids enjoying it. Lots of big snowmen built in the gardens and youngster being pulled along on sledges by their parents.

Home in the warm now with a nice bottle of Cabalie.

TV time it is then!

• Thumbs Up 1

Just left Hua Hin .. driving back to BKK .... everything seems calm .. no police road blocks ... most things in Hua Hin were open .. considering it is the middle of the day ...

Was in Ban Krut late last night ... it is a sea side town .... a good little place to stop ... directly on the sea .... I got up at my usual time this morning at 4 .. sat on the beach and had a cup of coffee .. it was really nice .. just sitting there alone ....

I don't like a lot of "yak" around me .... most .. if everything is bullshit ... speak true or keep your mouth shut ...

Speak to me after you have spent a couple years in solitary ...

Edited by code_slayer_bkk

I've been looking at car insurance on the net.Got a quote from one of the comparison sites for Churchill which looked ok so went to their site.When I put my car reg in it came up as MB E500 Coupe which is right but when I got to the review part just before paying it had changed to E350.

So I rang them & after telling him of the problem the bloke said "Yes I've got it here,E500 125 Sport Coupe 5461cc"....I said "What's the 125"....he said "It's the BHP"....I said as I tried to stop laughing "You are joking,have you seen the cc?"

How do these fucking idiots get into these jobs?

125 is for MB's made in 2011 - it was the 125th anniversary of MB....mine is 2010.

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, coxyhog said:

To be fair his job is telephone sales/support, he probably works to a script and has no need of technical knowledge.  I couldn't tell you the BHP of any car that I've ever owned because I just don't care enough to look it up, but as discussed on here recently, I could still do most of my own maintenance in days gone, by so not a car dunce.

2 minutes ago, john luke said:

Perusing my latest gas/electricity bill.

I haven't set foot in my house for 10 months.  The heating comes on for 10 minutes every morning and the fridge, freezer and a few other things will use some electricity.  EDF last week proposed a 30% increase to my Direct Debit to make sure I didn't fall behind.  Clowns.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, KWA said:

I haven't set foot in my house for 10 months.  The heating comes on for 10 minutes every morning and the fridge, freezer and a few other things will use some electricity.  EDF last week proposed a 30% increase to my Direct Debit to make sure I didn't fall behind.  Clowns.

It may well be that they have done some sort of blanket increase across the board to cover people spending more time in the home. 

4 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Just helping Kataleya with her school work. She has just drawn a lovely picture of a blue tumble dryer with red controls, love it. All white just didn't do it for her.

So what did she think of the  snow, seeing and feeling it for the first time in her life?

16 minutes ago, maipenrai said:

So what did she think of the  snow, seeing and feeling it for the first time in her life?

She spent most of the morning outside with a smile on her face.  She loved it and couldn't stop talking about it when she came in.  She is still happy that the snowman was still standing early morning today even though it looked more like an anorexic rabbit.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/25/2021 at 4:59 PM, coxyhog said:

I've been looking at car insurance on the net.Got a quote from one of the comparison sites for Churchill which looked ok so went to their site.When I put my car reg in it came up as MB E500 Coupe which is right but when I got to the review part just before paying it had changed to E350.

So I rang them & after telling him of the problem the bloke said "Yes I've got it here,E500 125 Sport Coupe 5461cc"....I said "What's the 125"....he said "It's the BHP"....I said as I tried to stop laughing "You are joking,have you seen the cc?"

125 is for MB's made in 2011 - it was the 125th anniversary of MB....mine is 2010.

Never used comparison sites much but thought give it a go .... just saved £275 in seconds on my car insurance and all comprehensive legal fees etc blah blah ...... blimey and so easy. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

Never used comparison sites much but thought give it a go .... just saved £275 in seconds on my car insurance and all comprehensive legal fees etc blah blah ...... blimey and so easy. 

I use them each year to check as insurances here have a habbit of hiking up your renewal once they have you.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

27 minutes ago, boydeste said:

I use them each year to check as insurances here have a habbit of hiking up your renewal once they have you.

Don't think I've been with the same insurers for 2 years in a row for a decade or more.  Last time I informed my insurers I was going elsewhere they didnt even question why, or offer to price match. 

Just now, Painter said:

Don't think I've been with the same insurers for 2 years in a row for a decade or more.  Last time I informed my insurers I was going elsewhere they didnt even question why, or offer to price match. 

Yup. it's our dual pricing structure, totally backwards for me, no loyalty at all.

Cheaper prices for new customers in many sectors now.

• Thumbs Up 1

Before I went out shopping this morning I sent some money to Thailand, need to get a couple of months of True Money Vouchers so the wife's sister is very useful.

Just sent money via TransferWise and the process from sending to arriving in the sister's bank account took 7 seconds.  Thought that was rather quick and at 41.14 to the pound I was happy.

Need to send before the banks close in Thailand to get that quick a response.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1