What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

11 hours ago, Krapow said:

Playing about with my phone, it just upgraded to Android 9.

I like it, the 'slides'.

11 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

Did it last week. I am always a bit apprehensive with upgrades but in fact this one (Android 9.0) did not change too much things apparently.

The look seems a bit sharper ? 

My laptop asked me to upgrade the BIOS, but now thats something I am really scared off !  Even my local guy at the computer center was like "wow, wow....I am not sure about that one".

Got woke up this past two mornings since the upgrade from notification sounds from WhatsApp or emails which I thought I had silenced via the pull down DND. 

Seems DND now doesn't cover everything as it previously did. After a bit of messing about I think you now have to also mute the bell via the side volume button as well to get total silence. 

1 hour ago, Krapow said:

Got woke up this past two mornings since the upgrade from notification sounds from WhatsApp or emails which I thought I had silenced via the pull down DND. 

Seems DND now doesn't cover everything as it previously did. After a bit of messing about I think you now have to also mute the bell via the side volume button as well to get total silence. 

Bell silenced since I am retired ! 

Only have the vibration on, same for Whatsapp, Line and some other apps.

1 hour ago, Archie43 said:

Watching tv feeling sorry for myself. Got bad cold or flu, wondering why I had a flu jab

Yeah,i started feeling rough yesterday and like shit earlier this morning.Feel a bit better now.

Making a start on the latest thriller from the best writer around IMO,before meeting up with mates to head off to Camden later.

51d7lzRNTgL._SY346_.jpg

56 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Having food and drink in the beer garden in front of the Novotel Ploen Chit

Nice Filappina group knocking out a few songs. 

After a 13 hour flight via Dubai on Emirates amazingly I am having my first alcoholic drink since leaving London.

You do right mate... enjoy your drink..👍🏼

• Thumbs Up 2

9 hours ago, Lanzalad said:

Got a baby bouncer its like the bloody krypton factor putting it together... 

Is it one of those that hangs from a door frame? Having seen the pics of the state of parts of your house, does this mean you need to put up a door frame first?

😁

18 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Recon trip in the Seminyak beach area.

Woaw, the place is full bars and eateries, very touristic.

Beach is not bad as well, even with the deck chairs !

Need to explore this area by night !

20181202_111008-1024x768.thumb.jpg.d6cea9dbdbba6d6cfecbbad562abe684.jpg

Having a Bintang in a small beach bar

20181202_111713-1024x768.thumb.jpg.ac9ca05ff9ca06c44fc3cdbc69e46817.jpg

18 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Recon trip in the Seminyak beach area.

Woaw, the place is full bars and eateries, very touristic.

Beach is not bad as well, even with the deck chairs !

Need to explore this area by night !

20181202_111008-1024x768.thumb.jpg.d6cea9dbdbba6d6cfecbbad562abe684.jpg

Having a Bintang in a small beach bar

20181202_111713-1024x768.thumb.jpg.ac9ca05ff9ca06c44fc3cdbc69e46817.jpg

Saddened to not see any tourists there looks a nice place.

JDM

Huntsman pub does a Sunday roast buffet at 950 baht which is a bit steep for me especially because I can fill myself up with Guinness pie and chips for 350 baht. Just economics to me in terms of my ability in how much I can eat and value for money.

Nice place though, not busy which I was surprised about.

On 11/30/2018 at 4:56 PM, Thai Spice said:

My laptop asked me to upgrade the BIOS, but now thats something I am really scared off !

I've never seen nor heard of a computer asking for its BIOS to be upgraded.  I would be very careful about this, as you clearly are.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Horizondave said:

Huntsman pub does a Sunday roast buffet at 950 baht which is a bit steep for me especially because I can fill myself up with Guinness pie and chips for 350 baht. Just economics to me in terms of my ability in how much I can eat and value for money.

True but its come 4 pay for 2 I believe so then only 475 a head. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Horizondave said:

Rumor rife Huntsman on the way out. Hotel owners believe a fresher concept is needed. Going to do a total revamp of that entire basement level which is prime real estate and right now more than 60% of space generating zero revenue. Even going to move their group sales and marketing offices out of b1 level as it is not good space utilization. Also looking at finally waving the white flag on Rib Room on top floor. Unlike Huntsman, Rib Room is owner operated by the hotel group. I predict a night club going to end up in that space...the b1 level will become more event friendly space. Can't say i feel bad for Huntsman...they have done zero to keep fresh over last 10 years. RIP

• Thanks 1