What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

11 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

100 Baht haircut ('tache trim, ears and nose trim, neck shave, No 1 on the sides and No 2 on top) plus 55 Baht for the broom = 155 Baht....Plenty of places on Buakhao that will do the haircut for 100 Baht and quite a few witches that will provide their own broom to take you back to loom.....

The broom man took a haircut as well.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Sherlock said:

Mourning the loss of a dear friend. 

Killed in the battle for Bakhmut 3 days ago.

Slava Ukraini.

329144311_875640880311897_2301476196006051788_n.jpg

328987555_926261145057476_8993932350232858635_n.jpg

My condolences.

I'd like to offer some helpful advice but I can't. The thoughts will be with you for the rest of your life, cropping up at random times bringing you unsuspecting moments of grief.

I'm sorry for all concerned.

• Like 6

19 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

Sat in Woodstock soi 88, Hua H. Really top class blues rock band, bit surreal how good they are playing an open air bar. 

No picture as regular folk in the bar

Wow, you are getting right up Soi 88. I used to live at Horizon, a little further west up the road. Some good bars around there but living nearby I tended to go down towards the railway for my nightlife.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Wow, you are getting right up Soi 88. I used to live at Horizon, a little further west up the road. Some good bars around there but living nearby I tended to go down towards the railway for my nightlife.

I like to do as much on foot as possible.  So tonight walk from Market village up to Soi 94, cut right after the railway and loop up to Soi 88 to watch some of  the footie. Early start tomorrow up to BKK so not a big night . I'd highly recommend Woodstock for live music based on the blues band I saw last night. They list what's on FB was 70 baht a beer as best as I can recall!!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

I like to do as much on foot as possible.  So tonight walk from Market village up to Soi 94, cut right after the railway and loop up to Soi 88 to watch some of  the footie. Early start tomorrow up to BKK so not a big night . I'd highly recommend Woodstock for live music based on the blues band I saw last night. They list what's on FB was 70 baht a beer as best as I can recall!!

Fame bar on the cut through from 88 up to 94 has a good band playing on a Saturday. Place called Le Pub (funnily enough) has great food on opposite side of road to Fame. They do the best fish and chips. Also at the end of the bar complex towards 88, just set back off the road, there is a great German restaurant (forgotten the name), lovely food.

Have a great night.

3 hours ago, galenkia said:

Really mild today so stopped at the park on the way home from shopping.

Chilling with an iced coffee.

5E36C740-CF30-4F9D-93EE-8B89380E6425.jpeg

Thinking of dusting off the Stone Island for a tear up with the Bracknell U10’s 😎

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Wales not doing well so another pint needed. This time it's Gower brewery 'Up and Under', another lovely brew.

I sure some here would be shocked at some of the prices on offer.

IMG20230204150717.jpg

I envy you being able to enjoy real ale.

That and castles are two things i miss from the UK.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Fame bar on the cut through from 88 up to 94 has a good band playing on a Saturday. Place called Le Pub (funnily enough) has great food on opposite side of road to Fame. They do the best fish and chips. Also at the end of the bar complex towards 88, just set back off the road, there is a great German restaurant (forgotten the name), lovely food.

Have a great night.

Thanks Dave.  was in Cheers, that's over the road from Le Pub. Another time I will try the food in Le Pub. I wandered in but they just had the standard Thai beers which every bar in town will have. Thought it odd for an expat pub that money been spent on. The original has 10% of the space and has real beer!!!

Cheers has a whole range of beers, music and sport, suits me really. 

But thanks for the tips, another time will definitely try the fish and chips 

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

I just screwed up....

Reset my smart t.v. Everything comes back in Thai, can't figure out how to change the language to English to adjust the settings. Friggen mess.

If you see this in your settings, it means “language”. ภาษา.

English might be listed in English, if not ภาษาอังกฤษ

I hope this helps. 

• Like 2
  • Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

50 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

I just screwed up....

Reset my smart t.v. Everything comes back in Thai, can't figure out how to change the language to English to adjust the settings. Friggen mess.

Time to bring home a LBFM mate. Get the TV sorted between romps.

• Great Info 1