What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

5 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Great to finally meet you and perhaps we can do it again in the future 

Likewise mate.

It's always good to meet up with guys and gals and this trip I have spent more time with many old friends and met several new ones whom all made my holiday much more enjoyable. 

Long may it continue. 

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

At the weekend had the dreaded stain of a water leak in a corner of the living room ceiling....plumber up there now tearing into the master bedroom floor....fucking nightmare.

Oh to live in a country where central heating is not needed!

• Sad 1
  • Surprised 1

5 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Some beautiful views from the top of the ridge. What are the mounds of disturbed ground from? If in the US I would guess prairie dogs or gophers.

I believe they are mole hills as I looked up these earth hills before on Google. There are also rabbit holes but they tend to just push the land up without shoving out earth. They tend to be raised mounds with a hole like door at the edge.

I was trying to avoid the mole hills and the sheep droppings.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Some beautiful views from the top of the ridge. What are the mounds of disturbed ground from? If in the US I would guess prairie dogs or gophers.

Apologies for the out of focus photos, it was so bright up there I couldn't see what I was taking or downloading to the forum.

3 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Molehills I guess..

When I was at Primary school (12 years old) I questioned the village vicar during one of his visits to the school.. He was blurting on about god's creatures and all that bollocks (After we had sung "All things bright and beautiful") and I asked him why he put traps in the molehills in his lawns to catch moles .. and how did he kill them..? All they were doing was popping up for fresh air and surely it was only a lawn that was ruined....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Horizondave said:

Well, am in the middle of my walk along the ridge behind my house.

Proud of myself for taking the 'steps of death' to make it quicker to the top. Possibly 1500 less steps but probably better for my heart.

A few pics. I am now at the 'trig' point. A 45 minute walk back along the ridge and downhill to the car. Very bright up here so can't see if I am posting twice.

IMG20230327111856.jpg

IMG20230327111859.jpg

IMG20230327111903.jpg

IMG20230327111912.jpg

IMG20230327112049.jpg

IMG20230327114237.jpg

IMG20230327114244.jpg

IMG20230327114250.jpg

Was going to edit out the 'out of focus' pics but don't seem to have the edit facility. Apologies

5 hours ago, boydeste said:

Thanks Mike, suprising how fast 5 months went.

Got home at 0115 after a sleepless 24 hour journey and went straight to bed.

Slept good for 7 hours, so am back in the time zone straight away.

My neighbour who checks on my house for me had raised the heating up from 8 degrees to 20 degrees, so it has made my night very comfortable. Plus sleeping in your own bed is always nice.

I will find the cold and wet that awaits me outside very unpleasant,  but it still feels very good to be home. Time is on my side and as I lay here on my bed at 0800am I can hear the birds singing and the sun is shining through my bedroom window. This means that spring has arrived and it can only get warmer and that means I can dust off the fishing rods and perhaps the golf clubs too!

Woke up early at 0430 and it's -17C outside - getting tired of this, hopefully it's winter's last gasp...brilliant clear afternoons but cold nights; fired up the woodstove again yesterday, thought I'd be finished with it for this winter but I'll limp it along for another day or two at this rate...

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 3/26/2023 at 5:16 AM, maipenrai said:

Home from my travels now and spent some time yesterday clearing some snow by hand so I could get the container doors open and bring out the tractor; my house sitter had already moved enough snow for me to get my vehicle out and running but this part was up to me:

rsz_img_1781.jpg

rsz_img_1784.jpg

So I get that done and wake up this morning to falling snow - it's been snowing almost all day with about 2cm on the ground now, just what I need...grrrr......surprisingly, most of the snow accumulation in these photos has been just in the last month. 

Jesus H. Gordo ! Welcome home !

3 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Molehills I guess..

When I was at Primary school (12 years old) I questioned the village vicar during one of his visits to the school.. He was blurting on about god's creatures and all that bollocks (After we had sung "All things bright and beautiful") and I asked him why he put traps in the molehills in his lawns to catch moles .. and how did he kill them..? All they were doing was popping up for fresh air and surely it was only a lawn that was ruined....

Funny as f**k guys. 

Moles are too small for those. I know.... fucking moles destroyed my yard one year. Moles are more like little covered tunnel paths. Bastards can do some serious damage though.

Those are most likely prairie dog holes. Out West ranchers hate the mother fuckers. Cattle will sometimes step into the holes a break their legs, then have to be put down.

I used to work with this gun nut, hunter type. Good ol boy, but dumber than a box of rocks.

He used to tell me stories about his hunting escapades. They would take their rifles and trek out to these huge ranches, just to kill prairie dogs. His big challenge was to take out two with one shot when they would pop up from the holes.

I can still remember him with that yuk yuk laugh telling me how many he bagged.

Spent all day sorting my mail and other shit out. Had 2 mice in the traps in the shed. My biggest fish in the pond died a couple of days ago and my neighbour had put it in a bucket for me to check over. Decided to sort it tomorrow. 

Just caught the afternoon sun and walked 3 miles to the pub. Time to enjoy a good pint of the black stuff.

Going to treat myself to a take away tonight of which is undecided.  See how I feel later.

20230327_173017.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

3 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Funny as f**k guys. 

Moles are too small for those. I know.... fucking moles destroyed my yard one year. Moles are more like little covered tunnel paths. Bastards can do some serious damage though.

Those are most likely prairie dog holes. Out West ranchers hate the mother fuckers. Cattle will sometimes step into the holes a break their legs, then have to be put down.

I used to work with this gun nut, hunter type. Good ol boy, but dumber than a box of rocks.

He used to tell me stories about his hunting escapades. They would take their rifles and trek out to these huge ranches, just to kill prairie dogs. His big challenge was to take out two with one shot when they would pop up from the holes.

I can still remember him with that yuk yuk laugh telling me how many he bagged.

In Wales we are a bit low on prairie dogs, but mole hills are a plenty. Mole Hills as per Google Wales. LOL

Mole Hills.jpg

I first thought they were cow pats but definitely just earth, I stepped on a few.

• Haha 4

49 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

In Wales we are a bit low on prairie dogs, but mole hills are a plenty. Mole Hills as per Google Wales. LOL

Mole Hills.jpg

I first thought they were cow pats but definitely just earth, I stepped on a few.

Beware the Prairie dogs! 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Krapow said:

Just reading my EVA automatic check in emails, making sure i can access the E boarding passes via the App and don't have to print, which i can :default_biggrin:

I did online check in to return home, at the bag drop I was given a new boarding pass.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, boydeste said:

I did online check in to return home, at the bag drop I was given a new boarding pass.

At Heathrow, that new boarding pass is printed on really flimsy paper, and the bar code on it could not be read by the scanning machines.

• Surprised 2

2 hours ago, boydeste said:

Yea, that's what i'm assuming.

I get to Heathrow, print off the luggage stickers via the self service portals, then take them to the bag drop, get new boarding pass. Or do they still not use the self service portals at Heathrow ,after they stopped due to covid?

2 hours ago, Bazle said:

At Heathrow, that new boarding pass is printed on really flimsy paper, and the bar code on it could not be read by the scanning machines.

I have the e boarding passes on the app since self check in last night, QR code etc