What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

3 hours ago, Bazle said:

Right now, I'm sat in the Classroom on Soi 13/4 listening to Barry Upton (and replying to Krapow!). 

I think Barry Upton has his detractors, but I have to say he's bloody professional and entertaining. 

I like that place, stayed upstairs when I was last there in August.

3 hours ago, Krapow said:

Good!

That's the way it was pre covid.

You were directed to the self service portals, passport etc scanned, baggage labels given, you stuck them on round the handles or wherever. You then still had to join the queue where your passport was checked again, bags taken from you individually, and they put them on the belt. 

I prefer it that way, incase i make a f**k up.

It's still the same, makes online check in a waste of time this end to be fair, unless of course you have no hold luggage

Because they have dropped the form on the plane, they use the boarding pass to get the flight number which is written on your entry stamp in the passport. 

Edited by boydeste
  • Thanks 1

On 3/27/2023 at 8:07 AM, boydeste said:

My neighbour who checks on my house for me had raised the heating up from 8 degrees to 20 degrees, so it has made my night very comfortable.

Glad you mentioned that as I just left the UK and thought I'd re-programmed my heating for my absence.  Turned out I hadn't saved it (I can do it on my phone) so would have been burning the gas needlessly until I noticed.  I got Smart Meters installed whenI was home so easy to check usage nowadays too.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I don't have a Smart Phone so I need a paper version..

When I checked in online the other day I took every option for a boarding pass.  Sent it to two email addresses, SMS, and printout as well as having it available on the app.  Don't want to leave anything to chance.  I noticed during Covid travel that paper copies of all the documents were much easier to deal with than mobile versions.  Less of an issue now with only a boarding pass needed, but paper is still more reliable than any other method.

2 hours ago, Bazle said:

I have to say I am confused by this. What is the point of on-line check-in if you still have to queue to hand in your hold luggage?

Shorter queue as most people apparently don't use the online facility, and there's still a document check required on your passport/visa.  If you're hand baggage only the document check will probably be done at the lounge or gate but the airlines prefer to get it done earlier if possible.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, boydeste said:

It's still the same, makes online check in a waste of time this end to be fair, unless of course you have no hold luggage

Because they have dropped the form on the plane, they use the boarding pass to get the flight number which is written on your entry stamp in the passport. 

Okay, that makes sense now.

Last time i flew Jet2 there was no human interaction from arrival to security. 

You arrived, used the self service portal, got the luggage tags, stuck them on, then went to an unmanned set of belts, set your luggage on, off it went.  

There were a few Jet2 people standing about to answer questions of course, but that was the 'system'.

10 hours ago, Krapow said:

Think i read something about this lately, a boarding pass for immigration at Swampy.

Can't say i've ever been asked for one to the best of my knowledge, i usually use them as bookmarks when reading on the flight, i prefer reading to the movies.

Why would they be asked for?

No idea why they ask but on my last 3 entries through Swampy I was asked for a boarding pass which was inspected.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1

Getting ready to go collect my daughter from school, get her home and quick change of clothes, taxi to Heathrow.

Praying I don't see her class coming out eating bagels or some kinda fruit which is a regular when I assume the kitchen has too much stock hitting best before by dates. 

She can get carsick, and the weaving in and outta traffic driving through rush hour London will have me stressed to the max and sick bag at the ready 🙃 

20230328_214206.jpg

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Getting ready to go collect my daughter from school, get her home and quick change of clothes, taxi to Heathrow.

Praying I don't see her class coming out eating bagels or some kinda fruit which is a regular when I assume the kitchen has too much stock hitting best before by dates. 

She can get carsick, and the weaving in and outta traffic driving through rush hour London will have me stressed to the max and sick bag at the ready 🙃 

20230328_214206.jpg

Safe travels. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Spent all day so far talking to my travel partners for fishing trips and booking hotels and the eurotunnel for this summer and autumn. 

One left to book which I may do later in the year. Tescos are dropping 3 x voucher value to 2 x in June, so making sure I max out the discount. 

Off out to brave the rain for a walk. Plan to avoid the pub today, see how that pans out for me.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Gym , swim and sauna this morning .. knee held up well 

drove to my Dads to help him clear out and tidy his freezer ❄️

just received an email from EVA saying there's a sale on ... so started looking at flights 555

It's not much of a sale,  60 quid off business I think.

• Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, Krapow said:

So far 😫

I reckon be lucky to take off before 11pm.

Screenshot_20230329_163041_One UI Home.jpg

Shouldn't be that late, it is due in at 2033 (68 mins late); over Istanbul at the moment. They build in the extra time for delays as they don't want to pay compensation, shouldn't be too late landing in Bangkok.

Enjoy your trip.

56 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Shouldn't be that late, it is due in at 2033 (68 mins late); over Istanbul at the moment. They build in the extra time for delays as they don't want to pay compensation, shouldn't be too late landing in Bangkok.

Enjoy your trip.

Due in 2052 now so probably leaving a bit later than expected, still you will make up time heading east.

2 hours ago, boydeste said:

They can make up a bit of time going out if that makes you feel better!

1 hour ago, Horizondave said:

Due in 2052 now so probably leaving a bit later than expected, still you will make up time heading east.

Yea, just had another update via the app just now, boarding at 22.20 now, only 10mins more than before, and it's 19.15 presently, so hopefully that's it. 

Absolutely lashing down here at Heathrow. Thankfully through now, and just sitting in Terminal 2, happy that the soft play is open again.

That's my daughter in the picture bedside the 'Do not take Pics' warning poster. 

20230329_191255.jpg

20230329_191220.jpg

Edited by Krapow
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Landed at 21.10 but a long taxi, nearer 21.30 when doors opened.

I was lucky, cleared immigration, luggage arrived swiftly and I caught a coach to Oxford at 22.30

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4