What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

1 hour ago, Krapow said:

It's 11pm, just boarded, haven't even taxied yet. But life comes at you fast when you're 6 and it's well past your bedtime 😂

20230329_225701.jpg

Heading to the UK it claimed headwinds of 105 mph so couldn't make up time. This should help you going to BKK.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

14 hours ago, boydeste said:

Never made it past the pub on my walk.

20230329_163648.jpg

lol

Difficult to walk past that.

One reason why I now live buried deep in a Moo Ban. Although I'm not sure it makes much difference as I now just bring cases home.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Just for those interested in Krapow's travels and how a 2 hour delay will see a 1 hour late arrival.

Flight times now have extra time built in for any departure delays. On long haul you can usually leave an hour late and still arrive close to schedule. Sneaky airlines.

Screenshot_2023-03-30-08-53-09-77_8a6ce7ef6b1c5341b022b20d7fbb4b6e.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Last one of these for 7 months or so  😞

Was going to take 2 ladies, one for each foot, but no 1 was in hospital after a motorbike accident,  fortunately not serious. No 3 has returned home to take care of her mum, so had to put up with no 2 by herself. Mind you, she's fast approaching taking over the no 1 spot....

20230330_145021.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Wow! Just when I thought my last arrival in Thailand couldn't be topped!

Arrived an hour late, for the whole flight to be told the luggage hadn't flown with the flight, due to a 'curfew', and the flight wouldn't have went if had to wait for it all to be put on. 

Fucking Hell, so in the taxi to King Power. Quick shower and off to buy a pair of shorts and t-shirt. 

No guarantee we'll get it tomorrow either, they said they'll try, but 300 people,  and our luggage will arrive on same flight tomorrow. I haven't even looked to see how late the EVA flight on arrival to Heathrow is late today. 

To be honest, could be worse, if you were getting a connecting flight to Phuket or wherever later tonight or tomorrow morning, you'll have to make a decision. Go and hope you get it sent soonish, or stay and hope you get it soonish, then go. 

And I haven't even tried to get my Kasikorn card and money sorted yet 🙃 

Edited by Krapow
  • Sad 7

8 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Arrived an hour late, for the whole flight to be told the luggage hadn't flown with the flight, due to a 'curfew', and the flight wouldn't have went if had to wait for it all to be put on. 

Fucking Hell, so in the taxi to King Power. Quick shower and off to buy a pair of shorts and t-shirt. 

No guarantee we'll get it tomorrow either, they said they'll try, but 300 people,  and our luggage will arrive on same flight tomorrow. I haven't even looked to see how late the EVA flight on arrival to Heathrow is late today. 

To be honest, could be worse, if you were getting a connecting flight to Phuket or wherever later tonight or tomorrow morning, you'll have to make a decision. Go and hope you get it sent soonish, or stay and hope you get it soonish, then go. 

That seems crazy to me, how are they going to fit and carry twice the weight on the next plane?

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Krapow said:

Have they given you compensation per person to buy clothes and toiletries , or is that an insurance claim ? I guess if it's only a day then not worth it really 

2 hours ago, Krapow said:

I am on the same time Eva flight from LHR next week and for the first time in years instead of staying a night in Bangkok before flying to Udon, I have booked the 18:00 flight up country on the same day.

Might just change the domestic flight to the following day.

So what time did you actually land at Swampy D? How long did it take to get through Immigration?

28 minutes ago, Smiler said:

I am on the same time Eva flight from LHR next week and for the first time in years instead of staying a night in Bangkok before flying to Udon, I have booked the 18:00 flight up country on the same day.

So what time did you actually land at Swampy D? How long did it take to get through Immigration?

FR24 is your friend. From memory the landing time is when the wheels hit the ground, doesn't include the time to taxi to the gate.

image.png

• Like 1

Finished booking flight to los for end april with klm end april,£790 used 17000 airmiles built up from flights with klm in past year through work,offshore france at moment for 4 weeks,weathers nice cant complain.

Been a tough last month tho,my friend and work colleuge for 10 years mr paul whos wedding i attended in chang mai 6 years ago,spent a few trips travelling to los together, died in his sleep few weeks ago,62,no underlying health issues,so been trying to get his ring and death cert from his family to take for his wife,couple of us been helpin his wife corrospond with his company regarding insurance ect,seems his family dont want to part with ring for some reason,pain in ass,no idea about legality of this,least his insurance is sorted now tho.

Anyhow he kept putting his thai trip back, only been once since covid,waiting for flight prices to come down a bit,would always say to him were a long time dead get yerself over here now,f**k the big money offshore as long ye got enough to get by in los,was going to retire at 65 as he bought condo in chang mai and car,miss the daft bugger.

Edited by Phantom51red
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, boydeste said:

That seems crazy to me, how are they going to fit and carry twice the weight on the next plane?

No idea, but if they don't the compensation claims for allsorts will mount. 

3 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Less cargo I think.. Or in French L'escargot ...

Hopefully.

2 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Have they given you compensation per person to buy clothes and toiletries , or is that an insurance claim ? I guess if it's only a day then not worth it really 

I had a conversation with them about that very subject, as we were pretty much first through immigration, hardly anyone there, and no one at the children's line, so first to be made aware of the situation and got thr form filled in. 

I'll post more about it all on a higher level in a day or so, this is in General, where any lunatic can read what's on this level without even being a member.

Currently at the noodle boat, and all is well in the world!

20230330_192017.jpg

20230330_193634.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

2 hours ago, Smiler said:

Can honestly say, EVA disembarked the closest to Immigration I've even seen, and it was the most empty I've seen it. Loads of booths, hardly any queue at anyone of them.

We were approached straight away, ushered to the children's lane which was empty.

When we walked through, seen no bags, I assumed it was because it was so quick. We even get our sim's sorted in about 3 or 4 mins. 

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1