What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

4 hours ago, Krapow said:

Wow! Just when I thought my last arrival in Thailand couldn't be topped!

Arrived an hour late, for the whole flight to be told the luggage hadn't flown with the flight, due to a 'curfew', and the flight wouldn't have went if had to wait for it all to be put on. 

Fucking Hell, so in the taxi to King Power. Quick shower and off to buy a pair of shorts and t-shirt. 

No guarantee we'll get it tomorrow either, they said they'll try, but 300 people,  and our luggage will arrive on same flight tomorrow. I haven't even looked to see how late the EVA flight on arrival to Heathrow is late today. 

To be honest, could be worse, if you were getting a connecting flight to Phuket or wherever later tonight or tomorrow morning, you'll have to make a decision. Go and hope you get it sent soonish, or stay and hope you get it soonish, then go. 

And I haven't even tried to get my Kasikorn card and money sorted yet 🙃 

I learned a long time ago to always have a set of clothes for arrival in my hand luggage in case the checked in bags don't turn up.

I arrived off Bangkok Airways in August with 1 case and hand luggage. Due to heavy rain on our arrival the poor baggage workers were unable to get the case off the flight. After 45 minutes I went to Bangkok Airways baggage desk and told them I had to leave to catch a bus. They took the tag number and my name and told me they would take it off the belt and keep it for me to pick up 2 days later.

Worked a treat as I went back to the airport 2 days later, met with the office staff who gave me my case which saved 2 days of charges with left luggage. Went off and checked in for the Philippines.

I appreciate you probably have a lot of clothes (kids stuff etc.) but always a good idea to pack a few necessary items in the hand luggage if calamity falls, should see you good for a few days.

1 minute ago, Horizondave said:

I learned a long time ago to always have a set of clothes for arrival in my hand luggage in case the checked in bags don't turn up.

I arrived off Bangkok Airways in August with 1 case and hand luggage. Due to heavy rain on our arrival the poor baggage workers were unable to get the case off the flight. After 45 minutes I went to Bangkok Airways baggage desk and told them I had to leave to catch a bus. They took the tag number and my name and told me they would take it off the belt and keep it for me to pick up 2 days later.

Worked a treat as I went back to the airport 2 days later, met with the office staff who gave me my case which saved 2 days of charges with left luggage. Went off and checked in for the Philippines.

I appreciate you probably have a lot of clothes (kids stuff etc.) but always a good idea to pack a few necessary items in the hand luggage if calamity falls, should see you good for a few days.

Yea, we actually did. As we bring a fresh change of clothes for me and Sa, lighter more appropriate Thailand clothing to change into on arrival, and Caitlin always has at least one spare set as she can get car sick. So we're alright for tomorrow, and then hoping to get the call from EVA. 

I'll get Sa to call them tomorrow as well, and if they can categorically state all luggage has now arrived, I'll offer to go collect it myself, as 300 people's luggage to be identified and dropped off all over Thailand will be quite some logistics, and could take a while. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, boydeste said:

Woke up to bright sunshine and 16 degrees, forecast rain for the next week or so, guess I should really get my sorry ass outside and cut the grass!

Well, I finally got my act together. Had to go get some fresh petrol for the mower, so took the opportunity to feed the local fox my dead fish. It was just starting to smell. My neighbour had put it in a bucket of water for me.

The grass was around 10 inches long,  so it was a case of the mower on the highest setting and gently pushing it along.

Now going to take a walk and see if I make it past the pub!

20230330_150505.jpg

20230330_150614.jpg

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Haha 1

After many months of awaiting Finnair to settle a compensation claim for damaged baggage, from our trip with them last August, they have awarded me a Euro 90 gift card which can be used for flights or to give to somebody else. Not much but didn't expect anything.

That will go nicely with my 189000 miles for when I purchase a business class ticket with them for flights to Thailand sometime between August and October.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, boydeste said:

You got a night flight,  who you flying with mate?

Kuwait Airways. 

They were cheap.... and were an 11pm takeoff when I booked. Now 04.10 departure....

Oh well....

Did.i mention they were cheap?

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Painter said:

Kuwait Airways. 

They were cheap.... and were an 11pm takeoff when I booked. Now 04.10 departure....

Oh well....

Did.i mention they were cheap?

Ouch, done a 4am once with Etihad. Was brutal trying to stay awake on the change over.

19 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Ouch, done a 4am once with Etihad. Was brutal trying to stay awake on the change over.

I'm currently feeding myself in the lounge...the plan on board is to forgo the food and sleep as soon as possible. If I can get 5 hours I'll be happy.. then 3 hours in kuwait,  and another few hours kip to lhr, although not too much as I want to get to sleep at a sensible hour when I get home....

Can't say I'm looking forward to it.

Did I mention they were cheap?

• Haha 4

30 minutes ago, Painter said:

I'm currently feeding myself in the lounge...the plan on board is to forgo the food and sleep as soon as possible. If I can get 5 hours I'll be happy.. then 3 hours in kuwait,  and another few hours kip to lhr, although not too much as I want to get to sleep at a sensible hour when I get home....

Can't say I'm looking forward to it.

Did I mention they were cheap?

Safe travels mate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I ordered some Euro cash for delivery next Monday from Covent Garden FX  , just had a call from them saying there will be a delay until Tuesday , I told them it wasn't an issue for me , she was very happy .. but I originally tried to order €2.5k , the system rounded it down to €2,495 , I told the girl and she said no worries I'll put an extra €5 in for you  ... 👍 555

• Like 3

Preparing for mayhem as my daughter is having a party. 

Her 8th birthday was yesterday, which she enjoyed at school before out to Brewers Fayre in the evening, but today we are going to Area51, a play zone in Neath. There will be 6 little ones running riot and, yours truly will be providing rations of pizzas, chips and fizzy drinks as well as the obligatory hot chocolate with marshmallows.

Thankfully, only 2 hours and the wife will be there too, but looking forward to being home around 4, opening a bottle of beer and watching the footie from the comfort of the sofa.

• Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

I spent 40 minutes on the phone yesterday upgrading my phone to a new one. Paid nearly 7 quid to have it delivered today.

It arrived as planned , only to find out they had sent the wrong one. FFS.

Spoke to them today to be told they would send me a returns envelope and my old contract would be established again.

Surely on receiving the wrong phone, you will send out my correct new one?

No sir, your contact will be cancelled and you will have to start again. Incredible.

At least it gives me chance to f**k them off and change companies if I so desire.

• Thumbs Up 3

Hanging around the house the last couple of days as I have a contractor in replacing my old oil-fired forced air furnace with a new model; it's taken a while because the new unit is about 1/4 the size of the old 63-year-old unit and the ductwork, etc. had to all be modified to fit. He's just flashed it up a couple of minutes ago and I can smell the new metal getting hot - photos later of new vs. old.

Meanwhile I looked out of my window a few minutes ago and here's a grouse in my tree, feeding on the buds:

rsz_img_1803.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 4