What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

51 minutes ago, thegrogmonster said:

Anyway the missus has just given me $1000 of her money to hand to the old girl before we leave today. Not sure if I am going to play this game as I don't won't to be seen as being a money donor. It is the wife's money and she can give it to her mum but I don't want to be involved.

Maybe I think too much.

Dont participate in the game.

Now, on the other hand there is always 2 sides on a coin. 

My Miss of course now is supposed to be "rich" as she lives with a "bulé" (=farang). As such she was in the first year regulary solicitated for "loans", which she really hates. But considering the Asian way of harmony in the village, it is difficult for her to blantly say no. Hence her usual answer is "I have no money, it is my bf who take care of me and everything, if you want you need to ask to HIM". Which usually puts an end to the request, as I have the reputation to be "a good man, but not easy to handle".

But yes, all over Asia this obsession with money things is a fecking pain in the arse. That and the love of making simple things VERY complicated !

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, thegrogmonster said:

I have always tried to stay out of money matters relating to the wife's family. I look after the wife and have made it perfectly clear that it is only her money to be given to the family after she has met all her own financial committents. She gives my $400 a week to help pay of the mortgage on our investment property. After that I wish she would save a bit but doesn't happen.

Any talk of money at the village and I walk away. However apparently the latest topic has been raised that I have never given her mum any money which I don't believe to be correct. Anyway the missus has just given me $1000 of her money to hand to the old girl before we leave today. Not sure if I am going to play this game as I don't won't to be seen as being a money donor. It is the wife's money and she can give it to her mum but I don't want to be involved.

Maybe I think too much.

Aye, I'd be kinda torn as well. 

Stick with your principal of only taking care of your wife and be seen to stick to it, or for less hassle all round in regards to the current situation and just 'play the game'. 

Though that said, you going for less hassle currently could end up creating more hassle for you going forward, which I'm sure you are aware of. 

Also, you say you don't believe it is correct that you have not taken care of the old girl anyway?

• Like 1

Concerning helping the elders or the family, to each his own.

I have never systematically helped my ex parents. Maybe in 10y helped for hospital bills or exceptionnal expenses, but sure not more than once or twice a year, and for modest amounts.  But than, they where retired BKK middle class with a modest, but existing pension.

Actual Miss parents are gone since long, so the problem does not exist. We help out the last brother (50) now and then with 100 k or 200k IDR or with "salary" when he takes care of the fruit / vegetable garden. Two other brothers have a decent income from their fruit garden.

Both ex and actual Miss been clearly informed about my position from the early days.

Not saying I am right, but thats the way it is and always will be.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Just sent some money to Thailand via World Remit, sent now as thought might go much lower if the vote goes awry tomorrow. Will be taking cash with me on Friday for my trip but just thought I would send some ahead.

Pound is pretty low presently, analysts believe pound may strengthen by 5% if she wins the vote.

@Horizondave

Beer on Friday?

Feeling worse for wear. Nice evening in WS last night,we popped into Le Pub and Mr Egg and the Windmill,baby dolls. Got a call and my mate Bongo would be arriving in Pattaya.He got there 2am this morning and predictably he wanted to go straight on the piss.Was daylight when I left Crew bar. I am too old for all this caper.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/9/2019 at 5:10 PM, Thinkingallowed said:

I'm looking at a box. It has a new iPhone Xs inside. I have stupidly pressed the wrong key when ordering and have got a gold iPhone rather than a space grey one. I'm trying to tell myself that I really don't want to be stuck with a bling gold iPhone and shouldn't open the box. 

Gold iPhone update.

The offending, or is it offensive, phone was successfully returned. During the call that organised this I was very careful to be very specific that the replacement be sent to my delivery address not my billing address.

So today I get a message that the new, hopefully space grey, iPhone will be delivered at lunchtime to my Manchester home 200 miles away.

Call courier company and they can delay the delivery at my request but not change the address. Delivery cancelled until tomorrow to give me time to talk to phone company. Mobiles.co.uk by the way.

Ring Mobiles.co.uk and end up in a never ending circle of lies pressing keys for a robot. I press 3 because yes I do wish to talk about a delivery but non of the next set of options fit but I'm forced to choose one. This just leads to more options which by default must also not be true. I give up.

Call again and pretend I want to talk to sales just so I can get a human. He puts me through to the right department and the idiot there redirects me to the courier company.

Call sales again, actually just read the above paragraph again because that's what happens.

Call sales again and explain that I don't need the courier company and I really need to speak to someone. This works and it takes a long time to sort out but I'm not sure if it is sorted out as all the person I talk to can do is email a request of change of address.

I'm not very confident.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Lanzalad said:

Just back from the hospital had a complete clear our then a camera which I'm please to say everything down below is ok too some kind of degree or should i say no signs of cancer 🤗

So for once with hand on heart you can say you are not full of sh...

Pleased for you mate.

10 hours ago, Thinkingallowed said:

Gold iPhone update.

The offending, or is it offensive, phone was successfully returned. During the call that organised this I was very careful to be very specific that the replacement be sent to my delivery address not my billing address.

So today I get a message that the new, hopefully space grey, iPhone will be delivered at lunchtime to my Manchester home 200 miles away.

Call courier company and they can delay the delivery at my request but not change the address. Delivery cancelled until tomorrow to give me time to talk to phone company. Mobiles.co.uk by the way.

Ring Mobiles.co.uk and end up in a never ending circle of lies pressing keys for a robot. I press 3 because yes I do wish to talk about a delivery but non of the next set of options fit but I'm forced to choose one. This just leads to more options which by default must also not be true. I give up.

Call again and pretend I want to talk to sales just so I can get a human. He puts me through to the right department and the idiot there redirects me to the courier company.

Call sales again, actually just read the above paragraph again because that's what happens.

Call sales again and explain that I don't need the courier company and I really need to speak to someone. This works and it takes a long time to sort out but I'm not sure if it is sorted out as all the person I talk to can do is email a request of change of address.

I'm not very confident.

Been there, although moreso with courier companies. Can't get speaking to a human. 

Nowadays, if buying something online I contact the company pre payment. If delivery is not by Royal Mail I usually don't, and if Yodel, I certainly will not buy it because of them, and tell them so.

Just managed to change my window seat to an aisle seat on Eva and also it is 12 rows nearer the front so easier to get out at Bangkok for my connection. Will have a word about an emergency exit seat on Friday before departure but happy right now with my aisle position.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Nickrock said:

Went to the lonely mothers club in bkk for a drink and then a pizza at the game bit pricey but its falang food and was good ( 3 times the price of a kiwi one)

Funny you should mention that. The missus asked me what I wanted for dinner and I said I would like some fried noodle soup again. I get home and she has ordered pizza. It was also 3 times the price of pizza back home and not as good.

I don't know why she asked what I wanted to eat in the first place if she was going to ignore my request.

Edited by thegrogmonster