What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

8 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Just managed to change my window seat to an aisle seat on Eva and also it is 12 rows nearer the front so easier to get out at Bangkok for my connection. Will have a word about an emergency exit seat on Friday before departure but happy right now with my aisle position.

You will have to pay for it unless the plane is full, that was what I was told at check in last month. 1st time for years that I didn't get one at check in.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

writing the news and planning for an easier life as of end of the month.  will be good to not get up at 4.30am, as I have for 8 yrs.. but i actually like it at this time.. must be mad

I have still been waking up each morning at 4am even though I am on holidays. Then again I am mad as well.

• Haha 1
  • Surprised 1

Deciding whether to buy this TV for the bedroom. The brother-in-law installs air cons for Nomchai and needs to visit them tomorrow so he is going to see what price they will do for him on this or something similar.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/sharp-hd-led-smart-tv-32-lc-32sa4500x-i266733799-s416478721.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlistcategory.list.19.24f7566dckcOAg&search=1

22 minutes ago, thegrogmonster said:

Deciding whether to buy this TV for the bedroom. The brother-in-law installs air cons for Nomchai and needs to visit them tomorrow so he is going to see what price they will do for him on this or something similar.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/sharp-hd-led-smart-tv-32-lc-32sa4500x-i266733799-s416478721.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlistcategory.list.19.24f7566dckcOAg&search=1

does he by any chance do tv repairs too?

3 hours ago, tommy dee said:

writing the news and planning for an easier life as of end of the month.  will be good to not get up at 4.30am, as I have for 8 yrs.. but i actually like it at this time.. must be mad

Well I mean, with the huge monthly income from this forum alone, I'm surprised you're waiting till the end of the month!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, thegrogmonster said:

Reading the forum and seeing that most threads keep repeating the word "Boom" for some reason.

Wondering what does it mean?

I believe it is a slang term that replaces and emphasises the ! punctuation symbol.

Whilst not the originator, but for sure championed on these forums by the honorable @matthewh and consequently embraced by quite a few posters.

Edited by STARGAZER

3 minutes ago, STARGAZER said:

I believe it is a slang term that replaces and emphasises the ! punctuation symbol.

Whilst not the originator, but for sure championed on these forums by the honorable @matthewh and consequently embraced by quite a few posters.

thnakyou. I wonder why so many say boom

On 1/15/2019 at 5:18 PM, Thinkingallowed said:

Gold iPhone update.

The offending, or is it offensive, phone was successfully returned. During the call that organised this I was very careful to be very specific that the replacement be sent to my delivery address not my billing address.

So today I get a message that the new, hopefully space grey, iPhone will be delivered at lunchtime to my Manchester home 200 miles away.

Call courier company and they can delay the delivery at my request but not change the address. Delivery cancelled until tomorrow to give me time to talk to phone company. Mobiles.co.uk by the way.

Ring Mobiles.co.uk and end up in a never ending circle of lies pressing keys for a robot. I press 3 because yes I do wish to talk about a delivery but non of the next set of options fit but I'm forced to choose one. This just leads to more options which by default must also not be true. I give up.

Call again and pretend I want to talk to sales just so I can get a human. He puts me through to the right department and the idiot there redirects me to the courier company.

Call sales again, actually just read the above paragraph again because that's what happens.

Call sales again and explain that I don't need the courier company and I really need to speak to someone. This works and it takes a long time to sort out but I'm not sure if it is sorted out as all the person I talk to can do is email a request of change of address.

I'm not very confident.

Update update...

So more than 24 hrs later and the courier company is still champing at the bit eager to deliver my phone to Manchester. I have to delay delivery again by 24 hrs.

I call Mobiles.co.uk again and get some fool asking me questions again. I ask them politely to shut up and listen to me. It is explained in no uncertain terms that they have fucked up and are annoying me. I give them 24 hours to deliver the phone or cancel the contract and retrieve it from the courier company. Fool tries to ask a question when I'm finished talking and I cut them short explaining they have all the information they need and they'd do better to get on with my request.

Five minutes later get email from courier company saying that they will get my cool looking space grey IPhone Xs to me in the morning.

I live in hope.

• Haha 2

Just back from central festival, been and had a big arse wart lazered off my back 3800 baht, yesterday temporary crown fitted, new crown tomorrow 7pm dental Hollywood soi lengkee, I have had injections everyday i have been here so far. 6000 baht crown, not sure what id pay in the uk

Smiling at a joke i just read online.

An Essex girl has a car accident,so as the paramedic is checking her over she says 'I think i have concussion'.So the paramedic says 'Lets check that,how many fingers have i got up?'.And she replies 'Oh God,my fanny's paralysed as well!'.😀

• Haha 3