What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

16 hours ago, matthewh said:

yup.until lifted no freds.ive done my time out.

this way works for us all here.  until we can see a real change non of the mod team wants to be mopping up behind you.  this way you can post.. or not post.. up to you,  but we dont end up with the mess.  cheers

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Heading to the Nha Trang beach front. They have done wonders with this place, clean, wide, no hawkers or boats. A tree lined park almost all the way along it. The Russians have invaded this place, menus, signs etc all Russian. Full of couples and families who probably all deserted Jomtien. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just been dealing with Airasia. They sent an email telling me my flight out of Sandakan to KUL had been rescheduled to a later time which meant I would miss my flight to BKK. The flight hadn't been canceled they just moved it. So as I am in Pattaya I thought great, now I have to deal with the call center in Thailand. Luckily the lady spoke good English and I am back to my original flight, just the flight number had changed.She was very helpful, unlike the airline who could have just told everyone, same flight, different flight number. Dickheads.

3 hours ago, andycoll said:

Just been dealing with Airasia. They sent an email telling me my flight out of Sandakan to KUL had been rescheduled to a later time which meant I would miss my flight to BKK. The flight hadn't been canceled they just moved it. So as I am in Pattaya I thought great, now I have to deal with the call center in Thailand. Luckily the lady spoke good English and I am back to my original flight, just the flight number had changed.She was very helpful, unlike the airline who could have just told everyone, same flight, different flight number. Dickheads.

Sandakan, now there is name from the past, I used to have an office there that I visited back in the late 80's.  Not going to the Orangutan sanctuary at Sepilok are you?

Edited by Horizondave

1 hour ago, andycoll said:

I am going there for ANZAC DAY ceremony  on April 25th. I will probably visit the orangutan sanctuary and the Sun Bear center whilst there. 

If you like that area try getting to Kota Kinabalu or climbing the highest mountain in SE Asia (Mt Kinabalu).

The Shangri La Rasa Ria just up the coast from KK is an excellent hotel to stay, even part of it is in the Borneo jungle and you can walk with Orangutans and see other wildlife.  For me though the Shangri la in KK called the Tanjung Aru Resort and Spa has to be one of my favourites, I can honestly say their breakfast was the best that I have ever had.

You are making me want to go back to that area, a great part of the world.