What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

16 hours ago, Starshine said:

20190316_000159.thumb.jpg.3176559f5f7303b0193a4e44d110c843.jpg

In Nick's bar on Beach Road with Al MCready and Boydeste.

Was good to meet your good self and Terry and to see Stew again, looking forward to meeting Brian at some point.

Edited by Al McReady
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Just been called on LINE by my 3 year old. Kind of think it is cute but as it is 3 a.m here in UK I need my wife to try and explain about time differences from Thailand.

Back to sleep.

Anyone ever told you phones can be put on silent mode? :default_coffee:

1 hour ago, Esco said:

Anyone ever told you phones can be put on silent mode? :default_coffee:

Yes, and normally it would have been on silent but as I have a hospital appointment this morning I set the alarm to ensure I get up, wasn't expecting an early morning call from the wee one.

28 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Yes, and normally it would have been on silent but as I have a hospital appointment this morning I set the alarm to ensure I get up, wasn't expecting an early morning call from the wee one.

Your alarm still goes off on silent mode mate, it's just silent for incoming calls and messages. 

38 minutes ago, Esco said:

Your alarm still goes off on silent mode mate, it's just silent for incoming calls and messages. 

Never knew that, thanks.

Answered the call as the wee one wanted to talk so I couldn't disappoint.  Think she is getting depressed just like me.

Think you were right, could go the whole 3-4 months before getting a decision, 7 weeks are up now so a while to wait.....

• Sad 1

44 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Never knew that, thanks.

Answered the call as the wee one wanted to talk so I couldn't disappoint.  Think she is getting depressed just like me.

Think you were right, could go the whole 3-4 months before getting a decision, 7 weeks are up now so a while to wait.....

Frustrating for you Dave, all a far cry from when I applied to bring Wie here on a fiances visa back in 2007.I arrived in Thailand on the Sunday, on Monday we went and lodged the application in Bangkok and 8 days later we received a text message to go and pick Wies passport from an office in Sri Racha. Managed to book Wie on the return flight I had booked for myself, so from applying to Wie arriving in the UK it was only 3 weeks.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Horizondave said:

Never knew that, thanks.

As long as the outcome is the right one it will be worth the wait mate. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, Binlid said:

Frustrating for you Dave, all a far cry from when I applied to bring Wie here on a fiances visa back in 2007.I arrived in Thailand on the Sunday, on Monday we went and lodged the application in Bangkok and 8 days later we received a text message to go and pick Wies passport from an office in Sri Racha. Managed to book Wie on the return flight I had booked for myself, so from applying to Wie arriving in the UK it was only 3 weeks.

Yes mate, it is depressing.  More so because if she doesn't hear this week I will probably have to throw a firm business class BA ticket in the bin (staff ticket) as it has to be used by 31 March.  We had already used the London Bangkok sector last year and I was keeping the return to bring the family back to the UK.

It is also Kataleya's 4th birthday on the 31st and I was hoping we would all be together for that.  I am unable to change or add any leave prior to 01 April so looks like that will be a day on the video link again.