What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

5 minutes ago, Painter said:

Cursing a marine engineer, who despite promises of completing the job every week for the past month, still hasn't fully commissioned my new boat engine....

So departure to Monte Carlo delayed, I guess. 😃

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Horizondave said:

I really have hit rock bottom, just spent 4 hours sleeping on a bench at Don Mueng departures.

Not really being a cheap Charlie but after flying up from Phuket and landing after midnight and with just 5 hours before checking in again for my flight to Khon Kaen I was just too exhausted to walk outside and find a hotel....... I thought also I updated my nightmare trip but possibly didn't submit so I have resubmitted below what I wrote when tearing my hair out in Doha

Nightmare time.......

I am presently stuck in Doha after failing to get on the two services of Qatar Airways to Bangkok.

Now this baffles me and pisses me off because I only took these flights on the advice of a Qatar reservation agent. Both flights were half empty she said. Well she got that wrong. 

London Doha was as she said but Doha Bangkok was overbooked with 40 staff standing by. Yours truly didn't stand a chance.

I am now hoping to fly at 0820 (Qatar time) to Phuket (6 hours after my original flight). Unfortunately it gets into Phuket at a time I can transit to Bangkok but not to Khon Kaen so no seeing my wife and daughter today. 

Have a booking to Khon Kaen from Don Mueng at 7 am so will be there to attend a merit making ceremony Saturday before leaving with family back to UK on Sunday.

This is not good for my health or peace of mind.

The standby nightmare is real. Great when you get on but evil when you don't.

I need to sleep.

Yours truly

Pissed off of Doha.

Edit.

I checked in for my journey at 1 pm on Thursday. I will arrive into Khon Kaen in about 4 hours, that's almost a 36 hour trip.

Bloody nightmare Dave, can I ask why you didn't fly direct, when you were going for such an important journey and for only 5 days, I can save £100 and fly with Oman but preferring to pay the extra on Thai or Eva.

Safe trip back on Sunday bud all 3 of you. 

Was out on the bike for a couple of hours this morning before it got too hot and busy.

Just got back from the supermarket,had to get enough food and drink for the weekend as they are closed tomorrow.Hate it when its too busy,town was rammed,but i did get myself a treat of some ice cream and an Easter egg.😀

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, JPK said:

Just got off from offshore and straight into the pub  at the train station for a beer. First drink in 3 weeks, lovely stuff 😍

97FF7B1C-FFCC-487F-929B-CD8A9A30E39E.jpeg

Couple of hours you'll be on the purple tins and bottle of tonic!

2 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Couple of hours you'll be on the purple tins and bottle of tonic!

Only out for a few , quiet day then out tomorrow on it. Funnily enough I’ve never tried the tonic or the purple cans. Higher class schemie 😀

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Baldylocks said:

Bloody nightmare Dave, can I ask why you didn't fly direct, when you were going for such an important journey and for only 5 days, I can save £100 and fly with Oman but preferring to pay the extra on Thai or Eva.

Safe trip back on Sunday bud all 3 of you. 

I phoned Thai and EVA and they were not even selling a seat in business class, I was standby.  I phoned Qatar with a view to buying a round-trip ticket with a date in September but conversation got around to me mentioning I was BA staff and she suggested the flights I eventually went for were half empty which for a staff member is a good deal so that is what I did, only cost me a third of what I was going to pay and would get me to Khon Kaen on Friday early evening.

Other airlines like BA, Oman etc were mostly full for my return which had to be on Sunday or Monday 21 or 22 April. My chances of standby on any BA flight out of SE Asia or any other interline journey were basically nil.  Just the dates were the problem.

Anyhow off tomorrow morning booked to London at cost.

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Horizondave said:

I phoned Thai and EVA and they were not even selling a seat in business class, I was standby.  I phoned Qatar with a view to buying a round-trip ticket with a date in September but conversation got around to me mentioning I was BA staff and she suggested the flights I eventually went for were half empty which for a staff member is a good deal so that is what I did, only cost me a third of what I was going to pay and would get me to Khon Kaen on Friday early evening.

Other airlines like BA, Oman etc were mostly full for my return which had to be on Sunday or Monday 21 or 22 April. My chances of standby on any BA flight out of SE Asia or any other interline journey were basically nil.  Just the dates were the problem.

Anyhow off tomorrow morning booked to London at cost.

Well hope your return trip is less problematic Dave, good news is the warm weather will still be here when you arrive back in Blighty with your girls.

• Like 1