What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

8 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

I arrived in the jungle last Saturday, total consumption in 7 days :

20190727_093020-768x1024.jpg

And the wine bottle was already half empty when I brought it with me !

Lol they all say that 

I prefer to say it was half full

1 hour ago, Nickrock said:

Lol they all say that 

I prefer to say it was half full

Well, the half full part I drank it as the half empty one I had drunk it in Bali ! 

But I am getting old, some time ago I would have drunk the remaining part in the car ....

Shit, earthquakes closing in....

Last night, 03.20 am, frog slept in peace but of course the Miss went a bit in panic mode... 4,4 only, 80 km deep but not far away from the jungle home.

I am in the middle between Genteng and Grajagan.

Screenshot_20190729-070214_Earthquake Alert!-600x1067.jpg

Praise the Almigthy, the mosque is still standing...

Screenshot_20190729-070512_Earthquake Alert!-600x1067.jpg

Booked today off work last friday as i saw the forecast looked good,and i still had 15 days to use.Got 4 days booked for gigs coming up.

Gonna head off out on the bike for a couple of hours shortly.The old girl needs a good thrashing.:default_blum:

Sitting in a motel room at Newark Liberty Airport, watching classic Western TV series from the 1950's and 1960's.  Looking at Rawhide right now, the series that led Clint Eastwood to the movies that made him a star.  The top star of the series, Eric Fleming, had been offered the role of the "Man with No Name" in  A Fistful of Dollars, but declined and recommended Eastwood to Sergio Leone.

IMG_0048.JPG

IMG_0037.JPG

IMG_0039.JPG

Not a bad room for $100/night.  A spacious room like that with microwave, fridge and big-screen  TV with 200 channels would cost $300-$400/night in Manhattan.  It was very clean with a comfortable bed, but the furnishings were a bit worn.

IMG_0049.JPG

IMG_0050.JPG

• Like 2

Lying on the sofa , surfing through the TV channels .... woke up on Sunday morning with lower back pain , was fine the day before, no idea how I did it .... so taken some anti inflammatory tablets and resting for a couple of days .. it's blowing a hooley outside so not missing too much  😞 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just got back from a day at the Natural History museum with Kataleya.  Had a great time despite the place being over ridden with tourists who seemed to block every direction I wanted to walk in.

No entrance charge although donations welcomed, didn't cost me to get there either as both me and the wee one are free on the trains from my manor.

Kataleya really enjoyed the dinosaur skeletons and the massive blue whale still hanging up in one of the large rooms, it was there when I first went from primary school in the 60's.

They have a massive moon globe which is lit up just like the moon in a blue back lit room, awesome.

Weather was bloody awful but was a good day out for my exercise and to have fun with my daughter.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

23 minutes ago, thumper63 said:

Just got back from a week on Maui. Was a lovely and very restful week. Read 2 books laying on a lounge chair between gazing out to the ocean. The GF read 4 books.

Now I'm well rested and getting ready to mow the yard

Great place, I went there back in '80 or '81, stayed at the Maui Sheraton and flew out of Kanapali.  Loved it, I had a brilliant time, I am envious.

2 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Great place, I went there back in '80 or '81, stayed at the Maui Sheraton and flew out of Kanapali.  Loved it, I had a brilliant time, I am envious.

Hahaha, we always stay at the Kaanapolly Beach Hotel right next door to the Sheraton. And agree whole heartily

Just now, thumper63 said:

Hahaha, we always stay at the Kaanapolly Beach Hotel right next door to the Sheraton. And agree whole heartily

When I was there in the early 80's I should have stayed at the Maui Surf which was next door to the Sheraton (think it was later renamed) as the girl I met on my Western flight into Honolulu told me to come on over to Maui with her.  Her father was one of the owners but when I met him he embarrassingly said that the hotel was full and therefore put me in one of the very nice rotund villa rooms on the beach at the Sheraton.

Never paid a penny all week and got to meet George Benson at his home in Kanapali as Kimberley (the girl I met) was doing his interior design, was an awesome trip.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/29/2019 at 4:32 PM, Binlid said:

Chilling on the banks of the River Usk near Carleon.

Drank in The Old Bull in Caerleon a couple of times on the way back to our digs after the rugby in Cardiff.  Nice neck of the woods.

• Like 1