What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

About to get ready for work,though not for much longer at this time.Changing back to day shift,7.00am to 3.30pm.Want to get my evenings back,especially during summer,so should be beginning of september.Drop in money but an hour overtime will make that back.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, Bazle said:

Did your solicitor not have an obligation to point out the problem in the lease to you? 

Professional negligence? Complaint to the Law Society?

I certainly would be considering whether or not I should pay the solicitors' fees.

10 hours ago, AJSP said:

Agree with Bazle here. God luck and I’d push the sellers agents too as this is an issue raised which should now be disclosed to any subsequent buyer. If o was the seller a deed of variation would mean nothing as they would be gone- doesn’t make sense to me 

Result! Invoice, apart from disbursements of course, waived. Of course, not the solicitor's fault, but one of her team, who will be delt with internally.... probably over several cups of coffee at someone else's expense. She even had the gall to end her email "I hope it wont put you off using me in the future ".... yeah, right!

Spoke to sellers agent this morning and explained the issue ("never heard of that, just sold another one there with no issues, sure it wont be a problem, please dont pull out" sort of rubbish), emailed them a couple of websites regarding the issue, and will keep an eye on how they re-advertise it....

In the meantime, I'm back to square 1.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, Bazle said:

If they had spotted the problem in a timely manner, would the disbursements have been incurred? 

True... and would I have had 5 months of stress? Just want to get away from it now....

Ironically I've just had the seller's solicitor ( through the estate agent) on the phone? They cant find the offending clause either, could I tell them where it is??!!

• Haha 2

Watching camera  videos on youtube, I got a new camera last month. For years I've just went trips abroad and used a iphone and hardly took any pictures. 

Told myself if I buy a camera I will use it, no doubt ill use it 2-3 times then it will be fired in the cupboard and forgot about😀

IMG_7807.jpeg

• Like 1

On 8/6/2019 at 5:06 PM, Lanzalad said:

Be good to see the inside... 

Every time i've stayed on Koh Sumet its been a complete let down.

Tonsak Resort on Sai Kaew beach. Good solid hongs made of thick wood panels (log cabin-like). Tonsak is very simplistic. It's been there awhile, but not tired at all. 1.5K a night. That's half of what you pay about the island for bungalows that are for shit. 

Tonsak Resort

pros:

~wooden walkways throughout the resort minimize sand in the in the rooms with a nice canopy of trees all over.

~ quiet hiso Chinese mostly stay there along with the occasional westerners with families, wife or GF .

~ the loso Chinese tour groups come in at 10am, but only stuff their faces at the restaurant and go swimming -then leave around 1 or 2 pm (they are not allowed in Tonsak's beach chairs) plenty of room on the beach and for swimming despite their infestation.

~2 minute walk to Sai Kaew beach

~ 3 minute walk to the island's main center with 7-11s, vast array of restaurants, fruit stands, etc.

cons:

~ the restaurant is packed with loso Chinese for breakfast and lunch. Doesn't matter as the food there is for shit. (Plenty of Thai and farang restaurants in main center to eat with good food)

~the trees bring the mosquitoes at night, but nothing a little spray and mosquito coils won't cure for night time porch sitting. 

Pics as requested of the hong >>

ks bed 1.jpg

ks bed 2.jpg

ks table.jpg

KS wall.jpg

ks do yen.jpg

KS shower.jpg

KS Sink.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1

13 minutes ago, simon said:

Right now I,m looking in disbelief at the shit exchange rate   :default_ermm:

Gonna be down to 30 soon I reckon 😂 Just transferred 5k into my  thai bank account for my trip in 2 weeks with Transferwise , got 184523 ฿ for it 😩

Edited by JPK

1 hour ago, JPK said:

Watching camera  videos on youtube, I got a new camera last month. For years I've just went trips abroad and used a iphone and hardly took any pictures. 

Told myself if I buy a camera I will use it, no doubt ill use it 2-3 times then it will be fired in the cupboard and forgot about😀

IMG_7807.jpeg

Quite a few guys here that are quite handy with a camera if you need to ask any questions.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Quite a few guys here that are quite handy with a camera if you need to ask any questions.

yeah ill definitely be asking some stuff I reckon, auto mode just now I reckon for me 😁

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, JPK said:

Gonna be down to 30 soon I reckon 😂 Just transferred 5k into my  thai bank account for my trip in 2 weeks with Transferwise , got 184523 ฿ for it 😩

How long (days) is your trip?

5000 pounds on top of the flights used to pay for quite a few days (and nights).

32 minutes ago, Odense said:

How long (days) is your trip?

5000 pounds on top of the flights used to pay for quite a few days (and nights).

Im over for 18 days, I'm only in Pattaya for 4 days for a blow out. Then it will be back up to Bkk and behaving myself with the gf for the rest of the trip.

It should be plenty, I won't be up to much in Bangkok, maybe a couple of visits to Tulip and a couple of soapies when she's at work during the day 😀

• Thumbs Up 1

Just wondering whether Virgin are doing something to my signal on my HDPRIME app.  Last few days I can click on all the TV Channels etc and the majority work for about 20 seconds then freeze or get interrupted for about 10 seconds before resuming, very infuriating.  Happens on nearly all the Sky sites and a few non Sky sites.  Bloody annoying as my signal says it is running at about 70 Mbps

Thinking check the length of my 3year old daughter's nails, or how was she able to do this 😨 

Thankfully, I was planning to buy a new 60 inch Samsung and get it wall mounted in the black Friday sales this November anyway, as the 5 year John Lewis guarantee is up on the current one then. 

Doesn't impact the picture at all, but will have to mention it when selling it on eBay in November. 

IMAG0819.jpg