What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

3 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

Most companies work every Saturday.

3 hours ago, Sir_Fondles said:

Yeah work week as stipulated by the Thai labour dept is 48hr with a max of 8hrs per day so a 6 day work week is the norm........... for Thai staff.

The 1st company here I worked those hours, the 2nd and 3rd do not (office staff/management).

I remember around 12 or so years ago a mate changing from 5.5 to 5 day weeks and being over the moon that there were no more Saturday morning shifts.  It doesn't seem to have caught on.  This was in electronics manufacturing in Chiang Mai.

14 minutes ago, KWA said:

I remember around 12 or so years ago a mate changing from 5.5 to 5 day weeks and being over the moon that there were no more Saturday morning shifts.  It doesn't seem to have caught on.  This was in electronics manufacturing in Chiang Mai.

Seems to be a thing here in Amata Nakorn... this morning the roads were deserted so that tells me not many companies are doing the 6 days thing.

32 minutes ago, KWA said:

16 minutes ago, Sir_Fondles said:

Seems to be a thing here in Amata Nakorn... this morning the roads were deserted so that tells me not many companies are doing the 6 days thing.

This may also mean that there is slowdown in business.

Sure if there was demand, factories would run on Saturday to fulfill the demand, and employees would be happy to make.O.T. 

O.T. was a big part of my guys salaries.

9 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

This may also mean that there is slowdown in business.

Sure if there was demand, factories would run on Saturday to fulfill the demand, and employees would be happy to make.O.T. 

O.T. was a big part of my guys salaries.

Not sure if it a thing every Saturday as this past week the roads have been quieter than normal as most of the Japanese companies have been closed due to  some Holiday back in Japan so maybe the traffic for me this morning is a flow on from that.

Our production staff here do work Saturdays though... both day and night.

Edited by Sir_Fondles

2 year old sick to hospital spewing has gastro interitious back home then 5 year old got it spewing all over the place 

mother-in-law law down with flu and wife who just gave birth 18 days ago sick with a fever 

f**k all to be happy about this weekend although arsenal  looked quite good 

• Sad 1

Having a late breakfast on a sunny but cool Sunday morning - was 2C when I got up @0630 and still hasn't reached 10C yet; I'll let it warm up for another hour or so before I go out and change the oil in my car and then pull the leaking power steering pump off a picker truck I bought a couple of weeks ago...later off to a mate's 50th birthday barbecue....wish I was that young again, 555...

This week's office...

20190820_115552.jpg

20190819_163154.jpg

view ain't bad...20190819_163050.jpg

just a shame this lot want to go racing...

20190820_132350.jpg

20190820_132254.jpg

That's only 1/4 of them... the rest are in the car paek behind me!

Muggins has to co-ordinate 30ish patrol boats to keep 'em safe...20190820_144517.jpg

20190820_151227.jpg

20190820_134011.jpg

Edited by Painter
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3