What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

9 hours ago, Lanzalad said:

Here you go @KhunDon here's my little lot but some need dumping.... 

In fact I the pharmacy on how to dispose of some of them as they are not needed any more.

6F93F95D-7DA3-43D8-AD67-ECD8C97D4A8E.jpeg.f3bfef5e97b05debbfd81f7c64da2198.jpeg

I’ve always thought it’s a waste, but pharmacists won’t take back in date but unused drugs for re-use. 😟

56 minutes ago, KhunDon said:

I’ve always thought it’s a waste, but pharmacists won’t take back in date but unused drugs for re-use. 😟

You can donate them to Medecin sans Frontieres I think ?

At least the ones that are of general use .

Just an idea,I havent checked it.

• Great Info 1

On 8/27/2019 at 7:03 PM, Lanzalad said:

Just back home from the pharmacy.

It happens in Oz as well.

Why can't they make a "standard" where ALL meds are either 28 or 30 days.

Just another "conspiracy" so you have to make more visits to the doctor, pharmacy etc.

00000.jpg

On 8/29/2019 at 12:20 AM, fygjam said:

It happens in Oz as well.

Why can't they make a "standard" where ALL meds are either 28 or 30 days.

Just another "conspiracy" so you have to make more visits to the doctor, pharmacy etc.

00000.jpg

My last GP always insisted that I got a prescription for 2 months supply, but my new GP reduced that to one months supply. Luckily, I order my drugs online and the pharmacy deliver them to my home. 

Just got off the phone from Virgin Media. 

2 weeks ago I spoke with them as my £27 a month package (12 months) was being raised to a 'normal' price of £42 a month purely for a broadband package, I don't have TV or a landline. After speaking with a girl (sounded Philippina) and probably from an overseas call centre it was obvious she was just reading her answers from a set script and was offering no better deal but certainly was not offering me any customer service. To add insult she told me the £42  was being raised to £44.50 from 01 October.

Told the girl I would go elsewhere and to cancel my package at which she replied that I would pay a penalty charge for early cancellation, not a great way to keep my custom. OK she tells me no penalty if I call again and cancel today (30 days ahead). There was no attempt to keep my custom except to offer me TV packages with broadband for anything up to £99 a month despite me telling her I only had need for WiFi.

Today I phoned Virgin and was immediately greeted by a friendly sales lady, she knew about my previous call and as I said I was wishing to cancel my package she said she could offer me a package for £25 a month for 12 months more. I was a bit shocked as this is less than I am paying now and also took the girl no more than 30 seconds to make this offer. She also said she was aware of my previous call and as a gesture of apology they would also not charge me for my first month so my next bill will now not be until November. 

I smiled, I was dealt with correctly and Virgin have retained my custom, think we are both winners today.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sitting in a very basic room in Galle, Sri Lanka after one of those days. I arrived in Sri Lanka on Tuesday night, caught a taxi to Negombo to a hotel I had booked for 5 nights. Arrived at 11pm and it was closed. Banged on the door, the taxi driver blew his horn, rang the hotel, nothing. So I got a room in a cheap place just up the road, went back next morning, open. No explanation although the man there spoke little english so l checked in anyway. Negombo is crap so after two more nights I checked out and headed for Colombo. Big mistake, some muslim holy man is in town to lead prayers or something and not a room to  be had. So I made one of those mistakes I am prone to when things start going wrong and listened to the tuk tuk driver. I said, take me back to the train station and I will catch the train. However traffic was shit and he talked me into letting him drive me to Galle. About 120km in a tuk tuk, 6000 rupee. Well what a trip, about a third of the way into it a copper stopped him at a checkpoint and took his licence for driving in the wrong lane, not the wrong side of the road just the right lane instead of the left where apperently tuktuks and motorbikes should be. Still we continued on. About 30 minutes later another copper standing on the other side of the road tried to pull him over but we just kept going. Anyway after a long ,and interesting drive we finally made Galle alive. I got him to drop me outside the fort and made my way to the Frangipani hotel where I am booked into from Sunday. They didn't have any good rooms left so I am in a basic room,no tv or fridge, for tonight and move into a better room tomorrow. Still, it looks very nice here.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Just got off the phone from Virgin Media. 

2 weeks ago I spoke with them as my £27 a month package (12 months) was being raised to a 'normal' price of £42 a month purely for a broadband package, I don't have TV or a landline. After speaking with a girl (sounded Philippina) and probably from an overseas call centre it was obvious she was just reading her answers from a set script and was offering no better deal but certainly was not offering me any customer service. To add insult she told me the £42  was being raised to £44.50 from 01 October.

Told the girl I would go elsewhere and to cancel my package at which she replied that I would pay a penalty charge for early cancellation, not a great way to keep my custom. OK she tells me no penalty if I call again and cancel today (30 days ahead). There was no attempt to keep my custom except to offer me TV packages with broadband for anything up to £99 a month despite me telling her I only had need for WiFi.

Today I phoned Virgin and was immediately greeted by a friendly sales lady, she knew about my previous call and as I said I was wishing to cancel my package she said she could offer me a package for £25 a month for 12 months more. I was a bit shocked as this is less than I am paying now and also took the girl no more than 30 seconds to make this offer. She also said she was aware of my previous call and as a gesture of apology they would also not charge me for my first month so my next bill will now not be until November. 

I smiled, I was dealt with correctly and Virgin have retained my custom, think we are both winners today.

I do it all the time, Sky, BT Sport, PlusNet, whatever.

Get loads off. 

They hope people will just accept it or not really notice. Many do, I had to talk my elderly mother into ringing up Sky and threatening to leave if not reducing her bill. Different generation I suppose ...

17 minutes ago, andycoll said:

Sitting in a very basic room in Galle, Sri Lanka after one of those days. I arrived in Sri Lanka on Tuesday night, caught a taxi to Negombo to a hotel I had booked for 5 nights. Arrived at 11pm and it was closed. Banged on the door, the taxi driver blew his horn, rang the hotel, nothing. So I got a room in a cheap place just up the road, went back next morning, open. No explanation although the man there spoke little english so l checked in anyway. Negombo is crap so after two more nights I checked out and headed for Colombo. Big mistake, some muslim holy man is in town to lead prayers or something and not a room to  be had. So I made one of those mistakes I am prone to when things start going wrong and listened to the tuk tuk driver. I said, take me back to the train station and I will catch the train. However traffic was shit and he talked me into letting him drive me to Galle. About 120km in a tuk tuk, 6000 rupee. Well what a trip, about a third of the way into it a copper stopped him at a checkpoint and took his licence for driving in the wrong lane, not the wrong side of the road just the right lane instead of the left where apperently tuktuks and motorbikes should be. Still we continued on. About 30 minutes later another copper standing on the other side of the road tried to pull him over but we just kept going. Anyway after a long ,and interesting drive we finally made Galle alive. I got him to drop me outside the fort and made my way to the Frangipani hotel where I am booked into from Sunday. They didn't have any good rooms left so I am in a basic room,no tv or fridge, for tonight and move into a better room tomorrow. Still, it looks very nice here.

On my bucket list, meant to be a beautiful country.  

1 minute ago, Krapow said:

I do it all the time, Sky, BT Sport, PlusNet, whatever.

Get loads off. 

They hope people will just accept it or not really notice. Many do, I had to talk my elderly mother into ringing up Sky and threatening to leave if not reducing her bill. Different generation I suppose ...

I was of that thought 2 weeks ago when speaking to the last sales assistant at Virgin but she was not up to the task (or unable to use her initiative) in offering me anything better than I had received in writing.

Funny when you expect the worst and it actually turns out OK. I was probably ready for a verbal battle with the Spanish Inquisition but ended up talking with somebody who must have worked for the Samaritans, I was really happy.

Having a cold beer here in my new room in the Frangipani hotel in Galle Fort. After an early morning  walk around the wall in the cool of a lovely breeze and a filling breakfast I moved into my new room. Aircon, tv, fridge and balcony, beauty. About 1pm I set off on the long trip into the city. As we fort people refer to the area about 500 metres from the front entrance, on the other side of the Galle cricket ground. I needed a local charger, check, thongs or sandals take your pick, check and some beer, check, six 500ml Lion Lager cans. Back to room, beer in fridge, switch on aircon, didn't effing work, no tv either. So after cooling down under the fan for awhile l went out for a feed and then for a few beers at a rooftop place with a lovely cooling breeze. Back to room, finally found one of the owners and got aircon working, tv will have to wait. Galle fort is very small and very nice, Cartegena in Colombia is bigger and better but also a long way away. Although those Colombian women were better looking, oh so hot. If l remember to take my tablet out on my morning walk l will post some pictures.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, andycoll said:

Having a cold beer here in my new room in the Frangipani hotel in Galle Fort. After an early morning  walk around the wall in the cool of a lovely breeze and a filling breakfast I moved into my new room. Aircon, tv, fridge and balcony, beauty. About 1pm I set off on the long trip into the city. As we fort people refer to the area about 500 metres from the front entrance, on the other side of the Galle cricket ground. I needed a local charger, check, thongs or sandals take your pick, check and some beer, check, six 500ml Lion Lager cans. Back to room, beer in fridge, switch on aircon, didn't effing work, no tv either. So after cooling down under the fan for awhile l went out for a feed and then for a few beers at a rooftop place with a lovely cooling breeze. Back to room, finally found one of the owners and got aircon working, tv will have to wait. Galle fort is very small and very nice, Cartegena in Colombia is bigger and better but also a long way away. Although those Colombian women were better looking, oh so hot. If l remember to take my tablet out on my morning walk l will post some pictures.

Interesting ...

Had a call from my brother letting me know that his BA flight from Gatwick to Malaga was cancelled this morning, he is now standing by for a flight at 1640 with a confirmation on the 2030, he is not pleased. He is also not pleased that he forgot his wallet although the cancellation of his flight has allowed him to drive back to his house (near Heathrow) and return to Gatwick for standby.

My friend Alan who is traveling with them was on the same flight yet has been re-booked on a 1540 flight out of Heathrow so was able to take advantage of my brother's wallet misfortune in catching a lift up to Heathrow.  

No compensation as this is a knock on effect from yesterday's French Air Traffic Control issues, flights and crews not where they should be etc.