What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Just got off the phone to Nationwide as someone tried to use my credit card this morning.

Thing is it wasn't me as I was in bed and just waking at 7.20 am when I got a message on my phone asking me to input a one time security code into my transaction to verify a cost of £47.66. Presumably the transaction had been attempted online.

I checked that my card was in my possession and phoned Lost and Stolen at Nationwide. All now sorted but somebody had tried to use my card details for a restaurant in the USA. The transaction request was for SG Veritas but I have no knowledge of who that is.

New card on it's way but it is odd as my mate had an attempt to use his card details only a week ago. I called him and we both thought that was unusual and checked as to whether we had used a similar company for any transactions.  The only company we came up with was TravelTrolley for flight bookings but as Nationwide won't tell you the merchant they suspect we will never know. They did say they had a call from a Merchant to say their was an IP address that was creating an issue, again they would not comment on who that was.