What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

11 hours ago, Painter said:

Panic over. The hotel I've just checked out of have rung and they have it. I left it in the safe.... grey card on grey carpet....

Breathing has stabilised!

Six months ago I left mine in an ATM near Soi 5 .....ran back like a lunatic a smiling massage girl from shop opposite had it in her hand 15 minutes later ..... ...large tip followed .....

awful feeling ....glad the grey carpet worked out ....... PS shave suits you ...... :default_friends:

• Thumbs Up 1

Just got my laptop back after it finally gave up the ghost and wouldn't boot up.  It had been slow for a while and as much as I had the files etc backed up a few months ago I still had quite a bit I hadn't backed up. 

Anyhow found this lovely west Indian gentleman running a one man computer shop where fixing laptops is his speciality. Told me it was probably the hard drive (which it was) and told me he would charge me £45 for a new hard drive (500Gb) and £45 for the installation/fix etc. I did ask him if he could try and save the documents/photos/downloads that I hadn't backed up.

There was obviously a bit more wrong with the laptop as he said the hard drive was damaged (had been dropped a few times) but he was able to copy the files by linking via USB to his system. Anyhow went in there today and paid my money plus £10 for an external hard disk enclosure as the files although seemingly still on the damaged hard disc seem to be having difficulty on a quick transfer and the guy didn't have time to do me a favour and spend hours waiting for the transfer. 

All in all I paid the guy £100 which I thought was ok as he had also installed Windows 10 (all above board) on the laptop (before I had Win 7). The system needed updating so this was an added extra for me, never used Win10 so been playing with the system for the last few hours.  It isn't touch screen but I am getting the hang of it with a mouse. 

I did do something though that meant I couldn't connect to a WiFi connection despite the fact I could when I first booted it up. Eventually found an ability to reboot the network adapter back to it's original state and this sorted out the problem.

I am happy right now for my outlay.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Sangsom said:

Having a mooch around Seoul....

Get to the DMZ, must be done if you have time but does need to be booked in advance I believe......well worth a visit but don't bother buying north Korean wine if you get on a tour, it is absoultely terrible. I gave bottles away and using it in cooking was the only thing worth using it for, well even that is out for debate.

2 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Get to the DMZ, must be done if you have time but does need to be booked in advance I believe......well worth a visit but don't bother buying north Korean wine if you get on a tour, it is absoultely terrible. I gave bottles away and using it in cooking was the only thing worth using it for, well even that is out for debate.

Closed I’m afraid because of swine flu outbreak.....

2 hours ago, Sangsom said:

Closed I’m afraid because of swine flu outbreak.....

The pigs have probably been drinking the north Korean wine......

Sad really because the DMZ has been one of the greatest highlights in all my Asian.  I have done the DMZ tour where you just get as far as a few kms from the actual border and I have also happily done the tour to the actual border where it cuts right through the blue room where you walk into North Korea. Absolutely brilliant tour although signing away your life in the likelihood that the allies could not protect you if war breaks out was a bit spooky.

Seoul is a very exciting place where old meets young, such traditions in seeing the old in the parks all in their best Sunday wear and then the youth in the trendiest of outfits and hairstyles. Loved the place, been 3 times.

Hope you have a great time.

Just been booking a few nights accommodation for a little car trip from tomorrow. 

Hope to be catching up with Phil (Lanzalad) somewhere near the peak district or a little further north tomorrow for a bite with our families.  It will then be a night near Buxton in the Peak District before going to the 'Heights of Abraham' park on Thursday.  After that it will be a trip to Wales and down through the Brecon Beacons to stay in Merthyr Tydfil (where my mother is from) and then Friday it will be Cardiff and catching up with Binlid (Gazza) and his lady.

I really need a few days break and the driving around and the sights will be well worth the shekels.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Horizondave said:

The pigs have probably been drinking the north Korean wine......

Sad really because the DMZ has been one of the greatest highlights in all my Asian.  I have done the DMZ tour where you just get as far as a few kms from the actual border and I have also happily done the tour to the actual border where it cuts right through the blue room where you walk into North Korea. Absolutely brilliant tour although signing away your life in the likelihood that the allies could not protect you if war breaks out was a bit spooky.

Seoul is a very exciting place where old meets young, such traditions in seeing the old in the parks all in their best Sunday wear and then the youth in the trendiest of outfits and hairstyles. Loved the place, been 3 times.

Hope you have a great time.

Will do, just woke up after a night on the Soju 🤣

F3A3BDEB-1503-4BE9-ABC2-B2F80CA2B9A3.jpeg

Edited by Sangsom
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Glasseye said:

I really like having my laundry done and no chores to f**k with when I'm over there.

Something I hate doing more and more as I get older.

Just finished hanging out a load of washing.

I do this whether at home in Australia or at our house in Pattaya. However the misus only irons the clothes in Australia and pays our neighbour in Pattaya to do the ironing when we are there. She says she is on holidays.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, thegrogmonster said:

Just finished hanging out a load of washing.

I do this whether at home in Australia or at our house in Pattaya. However the misus only irons the clothes in Australia and pays our neighbour in Pattaya to do the ironing when we are there. She says she is on holidays.

I hate ironing ... and gladly pay for something to do it , home or away