What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

2 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

Ok, after 3 (small) beers I moved on to one of my regular cantines, and switched to JB coke... No plans to eat, drink and music its gonna be today.

20191025_115357-1024x768.jpg

It's not all that bad to be a pensioner....

The beach looks great in your previous photo. Both the beach and the bar are very quiet though - is a  quiet area, low season or you fancied a beer before breakfast? 😉

12 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

The beach looks great in your previous photo. Both the beach and the bar are very quiet though - is a  quiet area, low season or you fancied a beer before breakfast? 😉

The area is very quiet, that's why I like it and have selected this part to live in. 

Pictures were taken at 10.30 am for the beach and lunchtime for the bar. 

Beach never gets busy, the bar / restaurant fills up a bit around 1.00 pm

There is no way I would live in Kuta area, or Thailand/ Pattaya which for me is an inferno. 

This is the #1 thing for me here, the slow pace of life. The area I live, after 10.00 / 11.00 pm is completely dead, which is perfect for the lifestyle I want.  The 24h madness, I enjoyed it before.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just about to head out to put some flowers on my mum and dad's grave north of Merthyr Tydfil on the Brecon road and then head south to Cardiff to meet up with Binlid (Gary) and his lovely lady.

Only thing is we are meant to get a lot of rain which could cause a few driving issues so might transfer to Noah's ark if it gets real bad.

At least our hotel has an underground car park.

In 'The Claude' in Cardiff with Gary (Binlid) and the band is about to play. Not a kid in sight, girls in groups and they know how to party.

Brilliant vibe, some of these 'gals' have dressed for the occasion, a lot of boob on view, think it's going to be a good night.

Edited by Horizondave
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Horizondave said:

In 'The Claude' in Cardiff with Gary (Binlid) and the band is about to play. Not a kid in sight, girls in groups and they know how to party.

Brilliant vibe, some of these 'gals' have dressed for the occasion, a lot of boob on view, think it's going to be a good night.

Just back from a great yet civilised eve with Andy. 

Mind you I left him an hour ago as he was getting on the G&Ts with a local mate of mine.

Pls give my best to G and his mrs. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

After a day hanging out here and there, I had this great idea of going in the evening to a reggae bar, an Irish pub, and Casablanca.... 

Nice chat with a SGP girl, to bad she had her hb there... 

Breakfast hangover with a beer now.

Feck, you live only once and pensioner doesn't mean it has to be boring...

Probably of to the beach in an hour or so ....

Had a fire safety demonstration at the condo complex this morning.  Fairly low level and basic stuff, but in my view good that the condo management think about these things.  The surprising thing for me was as per the last pictures, the message being passed was that there was four minutes or so of useable oxygen in the plastic bags which people should place over their heads in a smoke filled room.  Any observations from members on the industrial side of things as to the viability of this?  Everyone came out of the smoke filled room looking happy!!

20191026-20191026-IMG_1470.jpg

20191026-20191026-IMG_1471.jpg

20191026-20191026-IMG_1483.jpg

20191026-20191026-IMG_1492.jpg

20191026-20191026-IMG_1478.jpg

20191026-20191026-IMG_1487.jpg

20191026-20191026-IMG_1505.jpg

20191026-20191026-IMG_1504.jpg

20191026-20191026-IMG_1506.jpg

20191026-20191026-IMG_1548.jpg

20191026-20191026-IMG_1546.jpg

20191026-20191026-IMG_1547.jpg

20191026-20191026-IMG_1549.jpg

20191026-20191026-IMG_1550.jpg

20191026-20191026-IMG_1634.jpg

20191026-20191026-IMG_1636.jpg

20191026-20191026-IMG_1641.jpg

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, john luke said:

Had a fire safety demonstration at the condo complex this morning.  Fairly low level and basic stuff, but in my view good that the condo management think about these things.  The surprising thing for me was as per the last pictures, the message being passed was that there was four minutes or so of useable oxygen in the plastic bags which people should place over their heads in a smoke filled room.  Any observations from members on the industrial side of things as to the viability of this?  Everyone came out of the smoke filled room looking happy!!
20191026-20191026-IMG_1634.jpg

I've not heard the idea of using a plastic bag before. Had a quick search about the practicality of doing this and found this..

Every breath exchange about 2 liters of air. A 50 liters bag would suffice for at most 25 breaths, which, assuming two breaths per minute (deep breaths with some apnea to save air), should be enough for about 12 minutes. Assuming that the subject can control his breathing under stress and knows where to go, it might work.

However, there are several reasons why this sounds like a bad idea:

• Not looking where you are going: yes, there is smoke, but still your eyes can tell you if you are stepping on a burning beam, a collapsed wall or stairs.
  • Using only your hands to get track of where you are: when firemen do it, they are trained to use the back of their hands, to avoid that touching a live electric wire gets them electrocuted. Average Joe probably ignores it.
  • Using only your hands to get track of where you are: what if you touch a hot wall?
  • Bin bag is plastic: if it hits hot air or flames, it will melt or catch fire. Molten plastic on your face is not fun at all! And a full bin bag would increase the guy's height.

source: https://worldbuilding.stackexchange.com/questions/125423/can-a-bin-bag-supply-enough-air-to-escape

The show stopper for me using this idea would be the strong possibility of the plastic melting to my face.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

I've not heard the idea of using a plastic bag before. Had a quick search about the practicality of doing this and found this..

Every breath exchange about 2 liters of air. A 50 liters bag would suffice for at most 25 breaths, which, assuming two breaths per minute (deep breaths with some apnea to save air), should be enough for about 12 minutes. Assuming that the subject can control his breathing under stress and knows where to go, it might work.

However, there are several reasons why this sounds like a bad idea:

• Not looking where you are going: yes, there is smoke, but still your eyes can tell you if you are stepping on a burning beam, a collapsed wall or stairs.
  • Using only your hands to get track of where you are: when firemen do it, they are trained to use the back of their hands, to avoid that touching a live electric wire gets them electrocuted. Average Joe probably ignores it.
  • Using only your hands to get track of where you are: what if you touch a hot wall?
  • Bin bag is plastic: if it hits hot air or flames, it will melt or catch fire. Molten plastic on your face is not fun at all! And a full bin bag would increase the guy's height.

source: https://worldbuilding.stackexchange.com/questions/125423/can-a-bin-bag-supply-enough-air-to-escape

The show stopper for me using this idea would be the strong possibility of the plastic melting to my face.

I suppose the demo here was just smoke which was artificially created and hence no heat at all.  Agree with the above.  Question is whether better than nothing or not.

Thanks for posting above.

2 hours ago, john luke said:

From what I remember from my Navy days :

- Close the tap on gas bottle. Of course in the beginning it seems unnatural to walk up to it and turn it off... 

- Never, ever heard about the plastic bag thing. Crawl on the floor, yes, hot air goes up, cool air down.

The main thing with fire is that it is one of the most scary things, that paralyzes and panics you by the visual, sound and heat effects.

Fire is on the ship the # 1 enemy (more than sinking) and at sea we had fire drills every day. And that was in the 70's, without all the fancy equipment that exist now.

Did a lot of them in special training centers, with real fires and believe me the first time it IS really scary.