What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

41 minutes ago, Bazle said:

Interesting! 

Are you noticing a lot more young people? 

Not really, but definitely loads of obvious first time voters, who it has to be explained to.

37 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

Just got back from voting, have never seen it so quiet. 

Mind you the polling station had been moved 10 mins walk further away. 

Forecast heavy rain today, turnout will be lower than last time would be my bet

Certainly not going by here, it's unprecedented how busy we are, massive queues. 

3 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Not really, but definitely loads of obvious first time voters, who it has to be explained to.

Certainly not going by here, it's unprecedented how busy we are, massive queues. 

I hope you're encouraging them to vote the right way...

1 hour ago, Krapow said:

Sacked on the spot!

Have to eve wear neutral colours.

At the local elections I was approached by a gent, who had what I can only describe in non medical terms as 'shakey hands'; he wanted me to mark his ballot paper for him, which as presiding officer I am allowed to do.  I accompanied him to the polling booth and he then asked, who is the best to vote for?  I was somewhat suspicious and I had previously asked one of the clerks look on and monitor things.  I replied, 'I'm sorry sir, I can not advise you at all on that.'  He then said he wanted to vote labour.  I marked his ballot paper as requested and showed it to him.  I then asked him if he was happy and would he like me to put the ballot paper into the ballot box.  He replied 'Yes, please.'  He may have been genuine but I wondered with his opening question whether it was some sort of sting.

1 hour ago, Krapow said:

Massive queues, wow! Has Jerry been up to some Gerrymandering? 

68.8 turnout last time, I'm going 66.5, or lower. I'll let you know, take the 0.3. Not than an official would speculate on the result🤔

13 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

Massive queues, wow! Has Jerry been up to some Gerrymandering? 

68.8 turnout last time, I'm going 66.5, or lower. I'll let you know, take the 0.3. Not than an official would speculate on the result🤔

I think you'll lose your money, mine would be on higher. 

Labour needs to get back to being a more centrist party so people like myself will vote for them again, and have a chance of getting elected. 

That said, unbelievably busy in our polling station. I predict huge turnout. 

On way home, long, long day.

Edited by Krapow
  • Thumbs Up 2

Well.... I need to start taking my Meds again LOL! I get nostalgic at times with my bands from the 70's.......Feb 1975, Winterland San Francisco, I was there.....just a pup at age 18....seems like yesterday. Oh I am watching You Tube videos, wifey is in the kitchen. 

Come on my British budddies here.....someone has to like Alvin Lee. I sure did....

1 hour ago, Yessongs said:

Well.... I need to start taking my Meds again LOL! I get nostalgic at times with my bands from the 70's.......Feb 1975, Winterland San Francisco, I was there.....just a pup at age 18....seems like yesterday. Oh I am watching You Tube videos, wifey is in the kitchen. 

Come on my British budddies here.....someone has to like Alvin Lee. I sure did....

belever.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Krapow said:

I think you'll lose your money, mine would be on higher. 

Will have won a fair lump.  Turnover was even lower than I was expecting- to be honest more clued up people had told me(which is virtually everyone, when it comes to politics).

Cheltenham today, off to buy a Racing Post. Looking forward to investing in a contest with more intelligent participants😎🏇🏇🏇

• Haha 2