What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

2 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

18th is fine , 19th is the problem ... I did that pre internet once .... late morning arrival ...two hours to get to Patts , then another four to get to the Diana Inn on second road ... 555

Looks like either will be good!!!

Screenshot_20200203-230148_Chrome.jpg

Just home from a civilised night out. 

Who knew? 

People say high season is over but LK Metro was very busy on this Monday night in February.

We had a few drinks in Billabong which was rammed but so were surrounding bare like Jibbys, Cafe Racer, Time Bar and Kilkenny.

The band came at on at 22.00 and it was no more than background music so I cant imagine that's what pulling the crowds. Safe to say it must be the nice, chilled out atmosphere in general plus the 70 baht drinks. 

As a consumer I cannot grumble. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Submitted TM30 at Imigration Office, Jomtien.  In and out in less than five minutes.  The reception desk staff were dealing with TM30 s rather than giving people a ticket for the small office to the left of reception.

One point of interest is that a heavily tattooed male wearing a singa beat your wife type vest was challenged by a uniformed member of staff.  I don’t know what happened as as was on my way out when this happened.

I have been in BKK working and Beach Gal flew up from the South ... we then got in the Beast and drove to Koh Chang .... about 5 - 6 hours and then another hour to wait to get on to the car ferry ...

We ended up at the AWA resort ( http://www.awakohchang.com/ ) -- we have stayed here before every trip we have made ( many ) .. I really like the place ...

Beach Gal is always looking for deals for us to go to and spend a couple of days  ...  we got the room ( the same one I think ) overlooking the sea ( with free brunch and a free dinner ticket for 2 nights - not sure if we will use the dinner tickets - but nevertheless  ) for 600 baht per night .. a steal I think

IMG_0298.JPG

IMG_0299.JPG

IMG_0391.JPG

IMG_0396.JPG

IMG_0397.JPG

IMG_0425.JPG

IMG_0440.JPG

IMG_0444.JPG

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, john luke said:

Submitted TM30 at Imigration Office, Jomtien.  In and out in less than five minutes.  The reception desk staff were dealing with TM30 s rather than giving people a ticket for the small office to the left of reception.

One point of interest is that a heavily tattooed male wearing a singa beat your wife type vest was challenged by a uniformed member of staff.  I don’t know what happened as as was on my way out when this happened.

JL,

back in 1997 up at the immigration was up between sois7&8 I went to plead for a extension after I overstayed a week.

walked in gave all of the paperwork,and sat down alongside a aussie insimular gear on ,singlet,shorts and thongs.i was called up about 10mins later.over to the counter all OK and got her phone number.

walking out the bloke asked did I have a "in" to be served so quick.

I said to him."look how you are dressed and look at me"i had long strides on and ironed longsleeve plain blue shirt on,i have always dressed up when doing any official government business in Asia.

and the lady played boy and girl friend for a few months till she was moved up to Bangkok.

don't take a much effort to dress for the occasion

regards

grayray

41 minutes ago, grayray said:

I said to him."look how you are dressed and look at me"i had long strides on and ironed longsleeve plain blue shirt on,i have always dressed up when doing any official government business in Asia.

Yea, you are correct .. always dress for the particular occasion ....

Many years ago I was at the Laos border ( an overstay of about 1 year  ) there were a couple of guys in the immigration office without shirts on  .. I said to myself WTF ? 

Anyway I got cleared up in about 5 minutes and was out the door .... they were still sitting there arguing .... fucking unbelievable ....

Edited by code_slayer_bkk

24 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Yea, you are correct .. always dress for the particular occasion ....

In the six years I lived there I had numerous visits to immigration, extensions of stay, residency certificates, re-entry permits. Each time I was dressed in T-shirt (clean), shorts and either thongs (flip-flops) or sneakers.

I was always served in order of the ticket number. My time "at the table" was always less than a couple of minutes because my documentation was immaculate.

Same at the Eastern Verification Centre when doing vehicle registration and driving licenses.

I guess they must have been nice T-shirts.

27 minutes ago, fygjam said:

In the six years I lived there I had numerous visits to immigration, extensions of stay, residency certificates, re-entry permits. Each time I was dressed in T-shirt (clean), shorts and either thongs (flip-flops) or sneakers.

I was always served in order of the ticket number. My time "at the table" was always less than a couple of minutes because my documentation was immaculate.

Same at the Eastern Verification Centre when doing vehicle registration and driving licenses.

I guess they must have been nice T-shirts.

good for you .........

32 minutes ago, Painter said:

Bought enough cheese to fill 3 fridges, and enough frozen stuff to fill 3 freezers.

Journey home was uneventful,  but included different side sois...

20200205_133557.jpg20200205_134134.jpg20200205_134500.jpg

And a glimpse of this as we entered pattaya tai

20200205_134755.jpg20200205_134759.jpg

And not one picture of the spoils or even a hint at the location.