What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Just home from doing a drive through covid test. Not feeling too trendy so thought I would get tested. The test centre is very well set up and organised. You had a choice of doing the swab yourself or by a professional. I chose to do it myself with the logic that there was probably less chance of me catching it from them that way. I am glad I did because swabbing the back of my throat was horrible and as well as my eyes watering, I nearly threw up. I was able to take the swab away just in time then reapply it. Sticking it up each nostril wasn't a problem for me afterwards.

A night of TV with the heating turned up is in order now.

• Like 1

Just returned from walking our four dogs.

pack 2.jpg

(My one and only photo of me with the four dogs together!)

Although all four are former Soi dogs "Sin Toe" (the alsation looking pack leader) must have been trained to walk on a slack lead as he never strays from walking adjacent to my left knee and is a delight.

I have to put him on the lead on the way back so that the other three will do a strung out follow home as they take exactly zero notice of my voice commands and roll about laughing when I shout at them in Thai. 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 11/17/2020 at 6:04 PM, boydeste said:

Just home from doing a drive through covid test. Not feeling too trendy so thought I would get tested. The test centre is very well set up and organised. You had a choice of doing the swab yourself or by a professional. I chose to do it myself with the logic that there was probably less chance of me catching it from them that way. I am glad I did because swabbing the back of my throat was horrible and as well as my eyes watering, I nearly threw up. I was able to take the swab away just in time then reapply it. Sticking it up each nostril wasn't a problem for me afterwards.

A night of TV with the heating turned up is in order now.

Well I got a result fron yesterdays covid test that they couldn't tell either way if I had covid or not and I needed to return for another today. What a total waste of time, my mate had similar and had to go 3 times before he got a decision.

This time I returned and took the option of having a nurse do my test for me, to be fair the swab was stuck much further up my nose than what I put it and the swab in the throat was much better than what I did myself. If I don't get a proper result this time they can go swing for another test.

On a positive note, I am coughing less and have no headaches today.

Edited by boydeste
  • Thumbs Up 4

2 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Well I got a result fron yesterdays covid test that they couldn't tell either way if I had covid or not and I needed to return for another today. What a total waste of time, my mate had similar and had to go 3 times before he got a decision.

This time I returned and took the option of having a nurse do my test for me, to be fair the swab was stuck much further up my nose than what I put it and the swab in the throat was much better than what I did myself. If I don't get a proper result this time they can go swing for another test.

Can't say I blame ya..get on that lake!

• Haha 1

Just now, Washedup said:

Can't say I blame ya..get on that lake!

That's probably what has given me man flu. LOL

The weather this week isn't good for a bite so I had pretty much decided to stay in and watch the snooker anyways. Next weeks weather looks a little more stable, all be it cold.

• Thumbs Up 1

Had a walk around Bristol Docks which was pleasant in the sunshine, a stroll of just over 5.6km which we did in a leisurely 1hr30mins as we stopped to look at things, grabbed a hot chocolate etc 

Forgot to get photos which is a shame as once the mist had been burnt off by the sun it was lovely and the docks and houses above looked really nice. 
Managed to bump into two of my old Uni lecturers, a bloke from the pub ( Lord Mike), my daughter’s old deputy headmaster and Justin Lee Collins, who is a local, minor tv celebrity ( now disgraced). 

home now and I’m told we are having spaghetti carbonara for lunch with garlic bread. Bring it on baby. 

Edited by AJSP
  • Like 2

I think my body is finally recovering from man flu, after a couple of bottles of wine, I slept like a baby until midday today. Now watching the final of the snooker with Ronnie playing Judd, a proper treat for sure.

Biggest decision of the day is to decide what's for dinner, I do still have a portion of lamb shank in the freezer so I think that will win the day as it's a Sunday.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, boydeste said:

I think my body is finally recovering from man flu, after a couple of bottles of wine, I slept like a baby until midday today. Now watching the final of the snooker with Ronnie playing Judd, a proper treat for sure.

Biggest decision of the day is to decide what's for dinner, I do still have a portion of lamb shank in the freezer so I think that will win the day as it's a Sunday.

How ya get on piking 

1 hour ago, Washedup said:

How ya get on piking 

We had a nice day on the boat, it was very windy so we couldn't fish the main body of the lake, instead I took us through to a little bay which had plenty of shelter from big trees. I ended up catching 5 small pike to around 6lb in weight.

• Thumbs Up 2