What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Just applied for my free Welsh bus pass.  Over 60s presently although there is some talk of that being upped to your State Pension retirement age which for me is 66. Got in before that ever happens, should have it within 10 days, well worth it as it is Wales wide.

Edited by Horizondave
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Just applied for my free Welsh bus pass.  Over 60s presently although there is some talk of that being upped to your State Pension retirement age which for me is 66. Got in before that ever happens, should have it within 10 days, well worth it as it is Wales wide.

Just applied for my  Canada Pension Plan benefits online - will come in handy when I turn 65 in January and my work pension reduces significantly as I took the option of more upfront for the first ten years of my retirement...

• Like 3

Just home from a 3 mile walk, seems my body hasn't totally recovered from last weeks man flu. Suffereing a few aches and pains that I don't normally get whilst walking most days.

Showered up and now relaxing ready for Boris to set us straight over our destiny next month. What ever he says, I expect the usual parties to hammer him.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Binlid said:

waiting to take a speed awareness course online using zoom for doing 38mph in a 30mph area.Fingers crossed it works as I have never used it before.

Is this for a first offence - seems a little strict; our local City fathers are discussing lowering our local downtown speed limit from 50kmh to 40kmh, and of course all of the safety numpties and nervous drivers are clamouring for it, the silly c**ts - speed isn't the problem here, it is lack of enforcement of the existing laws because although our city is quite small at 27,000 inhabitants, it covers a vast area and the local constabulary can't be everywhere at once...which is great for habitual speeders like me, lol...seriously, if they do lower the limits it will just result in worse gridlock in the central business district during the commuting times, but try to tell the safety fanatics that...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, maipenrai said:

Is this for a first offence - seems a little strict; our local City fathers are discussing lowering our local downtown speed limit from 50kmh to 40kmh, and of course all of the safety numpties and nervous drivers are clamouring for it, the silly c**ts - speed isn't the problem here, it is lack of enforcement of the existing laws because although our city is quite small at 27,000 inhabitants, it covers a vast area and the local constabulary can't be everywhere at once...which is great for habitual speeders like me, lol...seriously, if they do lower the limits it will just result in worse gridlock in the central business district during the commuting times, but try to tell the safety fanatics that...

He has gotten off light, usually you would get a fine and points on your licence for that kind of speed. Agreeing to the course lightens the blow, G will confirm the details.

Edited by boydeste
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, maipenrai said:

How it works here is you would normally be given 3 penalty points on your driving license and a £100 pound fine for the level of speeding I was being done for. But if you have not committed an offence for 3years you can be offered the opportunity to take this Driver Awareness Course which cost me £87 and if you complete the course you do not get the 3 penalty points. Any penalty points you acquire on your license will last for 3 years, and if you accumulate 12 points on your license at any one time you will be banned from driving for a period of time, not sure if its 6 or 12 months. Incidentally this was my 3rd time on this course in the last 20 years:default_biggrin:

• Great Info 1

20 minutes ago, Binlid said:

How it works here is you would normally be given 3 penalty points on your driving license and a £100 pound fine for the level of speeding I was being done for. But if you have not committed an offence for 3years you can be offered the opportunity to take this Driver Awareness Course which cost me £87 and if you complete the course you do not get the 3 penalty points. Any penalty points you acquire on your license will last for 3 years, and if you accumulate 12 points on your license at any one time you will be banned from driving for a period of time, not sure if its 6 or 12 months. Incidentally this was my 3rd time on this course in the last 20 years:default_biggrin:

& some insurance companies want to know if you've been on such a course.Any excuse to get more money.

14 hours ago, Binlid said:

In my jurisdiction you would have received the equivalent of a 28 pound fine and 2 demerit points; after you receive 7 demerit points you lose your license for up to 6 months, and 

• You must meet with the Registrar of Motor Vehicles to discuss your driving privilege.

The gov't website doesn't make any mention of courses that can or need to be taken.

14 hours ago, coxyhog said:

& some insurance companies want to know if you've been on such a course.Any excuse to get more money.

Yeah, doesn't surprise me - as far as I am aware we don't get any insurance surcharge for regular speeding tickets but we can if we get nailed in a school zone so I am always careful to slow down through these areas. We don't have speed cameras here (yet, although some numpties are clamouring for them) so unless you are obviously going too fast or get caught on radar  you're generally okay and I haven't had a speeding ticket for 22 years, and that was in a different jurisdiction (British Columbia, where fines are a lot higher!) - knock on wood. The speed limit on our main highways is 100kmh but the cops will usually let you get away with 110kmh as the traffic density is so light this far north and they tend to drive faster than the posted limit themselves. 

1 hour ago, maipenrai said:

In my jurisdiction you would have received the equivalent of a 28 pound fine and 2 demerit points; after you receive 7 demerit points you lose your license for up to 6 months, and 

• You must meet with the Registrar of Motor Vehicles to discuss your driving privilege.

The gov't website doesn't make any mention of courses that can or need to be taken.

Yeah, doesn't surprise me - as far as I am aware we don't get any insurance surcharge for regular speeding tickets but we can if we get nailed in a school zone so I am always careful to slow down through these areas. We don't have speed cameras here (yet, although some numpties are clamouring for them) so unless you are obviously going too fast or get caught on radar  you're generally okay and I haven't had a speeding ticket for 22 years, and that was in a different jurisdiction (British Columbia, where fines are a lot higher!) - knock on wood. The speed limit on our main highways is 100kmh but the cops will usually let you get away with 110kmh as the traffic density is so light this far north and they tend to drive faster than the posted limit themselves. 

I got a fine of USD 180 for speeding in Texas....ouch!

I had planned to go fishing today but my man flu seems to be hanging around and the nights are dropping down to zero. Decided the smart thing is to stay at home in the warm.

A new phone arrived today so I have some fun ahead swapping everything over. Hopefully won't loose anything.

The sun is out so I am going to wrap up well and go for a walk, the plan to get a good sweat on.

Edited by boydeste
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, boydeste said:

I had planned to go fishing today but my man flu seems to be hanging around and the nights are dropping down to zero. Decided the smart thing is to stay at home in the warm.

A new phone arrived today so I have some fun ahead swapping everything over. Hopefully won't loose anything.

The sun is out so I am going to wrap up well and go for a walk, the plan to get a good sweat on.

Take 10,000iu vit d for a week that'll clear it up 💪

Took my nearly 91yo mum out for a walk early this afternoon which pleased her a lot.Then I came home & went for a 3.5km walk with the missus.Now averaging over 2km per day but not sure how long I can go on as I've got a dodgy knee.

On the good side drinking really good vin rouge & watching some good progs on Yesterday TV,Michaels Portillo's train journeys are very interesting & then there's Bangers & Cash,which is about an automobile auction house somewhere up north in England,a very good programme.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Took my nearly 91yo mum out for a walk early this afternoon which pleased her a lot.Then I came home & went for a 3.5km walk with the missus.Now averaging over 2km per day but not sure how long I can go on as I've got a dodgy knee.

On the good side drinking really good vin rouge & watching some good progs on Yesterday TV,Michaels Portillo's train journeys are very interesting & then there's Bangers & Cash,which is about an automobile auction house somewhere up north in England,a very good programme.

Make sure you have a rest day for complete recovery. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

I bought a new Apple last week and just put the phones next to each other and everything was copied across in about an hour. ... simples  😉

I just done exactly the same thing, but I have a UK phone and a Thai phone with some but not all connecting to each other, so I have to go back in manually to sort some individual apps.

Edited by boydeste

Half drunk at the beach cantine...

Had dinner and a few glasses yesterday evening at the French place, picked up a bottle of whisky on the way home...

This morning got my passport back with a new visa  till Dec 21.

Life.is good !

This WILL be a day on the piss ....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Stillearly said:

I bought a new Apple last week and just put the phones next to each other and everything was copied across in about an hour. ... simples  😉

Make sure you turn off the following ...

Settings > Privacy > Tracking > Allow Apps to request to track ( turn off )

Settings > Privacy> Analytics & Improvements > Share Iphone Analytics ( turn of )

If you don't use Siri

Settings > Privacy >Analytics and Improvements > Improve Siri Dictation ( turn off )

If you don't use the Cloud

Settings > Privacy > Analytics and Improvements > Share ICloud Analytics ( turn off )

Turn off

Settings > Privacy>Apple Advertising > Personalized Ads ( turn off )

• Like 2