What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

1 hour ago, Thai Spice said:

IMO yes, considering the folding wheel. But seeing the size of the wheels I called them mini.

I had a look, and seeing the quality and finition it are definitively not some Chinese shit.

Will try to make a few closer pics tmrw.

If they are Brompton brand they will cost £1k+

I just decided that after the Gooners losing to the spuds ( I went to bed at half time) my worry about getting up at 02.00am on Monday to watch the next home game and then driving 8 hours back to Bangsaray/Pattaya is over!

I will watch the highlights (if there are any) in Bangsaray.

infact, f@@k getting up at 02.00 am any more to watch these shower of shits lose!

Well, not until we start winning again.🥴

Edited by Jambo
  • Thumbs Up 1

Been up on the roof talking to fellow prisoners 👀 couple of Brits, bloke from Esco land and a German.

Fritz was an absolute basket case a couple of days ago because he had ran out of booze. Was funny listening to the Dutch guy ripping him a new arsehole about his alcohol addiction. Fare play to Fritz he (eventually) held his hands up and admitted his weakness.

I could murder a nice cold beer now though 😜

Edited by Smiler
  • Haha 3

Just watching the news and seeing the £ has dropped 1.53% against the $, also over 1.28% against the Euro. 

Foreign currency men had already priced in a deal and now it is looking like a no deal situation the pound is taking a beating.

That second sentence relates to the sentiments of the SKY business analyst, not from me, I ain't that smart.....lol.

Just got back from "Walking the dogs"

"And if you don't know how to do it

I'll show you how to walk the dog"

Really testing out the strained anterior ligament in my right knee. Been putting cold/frozen gel compresses on it for several days now and this morning was the first time for several weeks I could bend the knee without any pain from the ligament.

Most of all, I have been missing my morning cycle rides which has been my main form of exercise. I will wait until I return to Bangsaray next week before resuming.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Shaking my head reading this .....

https://www.stickboybkk.com/news/govt-approves-120kph-speed-limit-to-improve-traffic-flow/

NEWS

Govt Approves 120kph Speed Limit To ‘Improve Traffic Flow’

ca8044ec19778377addab651d2fc328e?s=46&d=

Published

1 day ago 

on

•  
  •  

Govt Approves 120kph Speed Limit To Improve Traffic Flow

The government has approved a higher speed limit of up to 120 kilometres per hour on national and rural highways to improve traffic flow despite having some of the deadliest roads in the world.

^^^^^   I am not so sure how this will improve traffic flow .... the highways are just sitting parking lots getting into and out of BKK .. fucking miserable once you hit Samut Prakan

Anyway .... I drive back and forth from the deep South ( about 12 - 14 hours -- gives me time to think .. ) at least 50 % of the time .. the other 50% I just fly ...

120K is nothing on RAMA II about all the way to Hua Hin ... there are stretches where it is nothing but "heavy petal to the metal"

I am usually driving in the "beast" at 110 of 115 and I get passed by so fast it rocks the "beast" a little ... all the time ..

No Thai on the highways have ever followed the speeding limits ... it is "balls to the walls" with them driving a vehicle ...

So most Thais will now drive at 140-150 kph instead. O course they won't pat any attention to upcoming U-turns. A month or so ago, my wife hit a motorcyclist who cut in front of her. Surprisingly he was wearing a crash helmet but no surprise - he had no licence tax or insurance. He was also three times over the limit for driving-and this was around 1.00 pm!!!Goood news though - he was in a lot of pain😀 Zero sympathy for him

Alan

• Thumbs Up 1

A speed of 120kph is just 74mph

Does anyone drive up a UK motorway at 74mph?

Thirty years ago the West Midlands police stated they would not prosecute anybody driving on their motorways doing no more than 80mph.

My drive back down to Bangsaray/Pattaya next week is 620 klms with the whole way being good duel carriageways or motorway. I will do that in about 8 hours including two pit stops of about 30 minutes each.

Weather permitting ( no fog in the hills of the first 80klms) I will be cruising at 120kph unless forced to go slower. I do not drive faster than that but I see no need to go slower (weather permitting) until I have to go through Nakon Sawan which is a large town with traffic lights but still duel carriageway.

There are no more than about 6 sets of traffic lights in total between Mae Sot and the Sukhumvit Road although there are several Police/Army checkpoints. There is far less traffic on the duel carriageways "Up Country" so 120kph is not at all excessive. It all changes of course the nearer one gets to Bangkok with both the volume of traffic increasing and the average speed as well.

Having said all the above, in my experience it is drivers in and around Towns, both cars and motorbikes, that are the really dangerous ones and there are very many of those.

9 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

^^^^^ Yea ... almost the same thing happened to me 3 - 4 years ..... drunk on his ass, no license or insurance as well ...

Makes no sense to me but the u-turn lanes exit and enter into the fast lanes here ... you gotta be careful

This from today's Pattaya Mail....

Pattaya driver with dark windscreen plunges into roadwork

Edited by coxyhog

15 hours ago, Jambo said:

Just got back from "Walking the dogs"

"And if you don't know how to do it

I'll show you how to walk the dog"

Really testing out the strained anterior ligament in my right knee. Been putting cold/frozen gel compresses on it for several days now and this morning was the first time for several weeks I could bend the knee without any pain from the ligament.

Most of all, I have been missing my morning cycle rides which has been my main form of exercise. I will wait until I return to Bangsaray next week before resuming.

I've got an appointment with a doc in an hour about my left knee.Been dodgy for a couple of years but a few days ago got quite bad.Pretty sure it's from years of crawling around aircraft cabins & freight bays.I had pads in my trousers but the weight is still there.

• Sad 1

Been a busy day cleaning my cooker and microwave. Long over due. Finally got to talk with my doctor following my blood work weeks ago. He said he didn't contact me as there were no issues. It is nice to know though! LOL

Home, showered, fed and watered from a 2 mile walk. Bloody fresh out there again today. Now realaxing enjoying a nice cup of tea catching up with the TV.

• Like 1