What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Just had a HOT shower.

A really hot shower.

It was 16c when I emerged from my pit this morning.

Gave Sai's mum an opportunity to dress up in her best winter wonderland clobber.

As I do not own any warm clothes whatsoever I was out in my shorts and T-shirt with the dogs at 06.40 trying to look like 16c really didn't make me feel like I was out in a blizzard. 🤣

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Jambo said:

Just had a HOT shower.

A really hot shower.

It was 16c when I emerged from my pit this morning.

Gave Sai's mum an opportunity to dress up in her best winter wonderland clobber.

As I do not own any warm clothes whatsoever I was out in my shorts and T-shirt with the dogs at 06.40 trying to look like 16c really didn't make me feel like I was out in a blizzard. 🤣

Ah, you poor thing - my heart bleeds for you, freezing to death in Thailand...-8C and a lovely clear day here today for about four hours until it starts getting dark again...

• Haha 3

On 12/8/2020 at 11:10 PM, coxyhog said:

This from today's Pattaya Mail....

Pattaya driver with dark windscreen plunges into roadwork

I had all of my windows on the Beast tinted at 70% .... the first night I drove it ... I couldn't see shit .. so, I took it back the next day and had the windshield re-tinted to 50% .. works great ...

So, I can understand how this could happen very easy .... 

I have no idea what the optimal percentage of tint you need to use .. but, it sure helps for sure ...

Edited by code_slayer_bkk

4 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

I had all of my windows on the Beast tinted at 70% .... the first night I drove it ... I couldn't see shit .. so, I took it back the next day and had the windshield re-tinted to 50% .. works great ...

I have no idea what the optimal percentage of tint you need to use .. but, it sure helps for sure ...

When I bought my Toyota truck from the dealer they offered tinted glass but told me to only have the 70% on the sides, the windscreen would only be at 50% as to have a higher percentage would be dangerous, their recommendation was well thought out.

5 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

If I remember well, in France (and I guess all Europe is same) windshield can not be tinted.

Only side windows.

In Australia only the top of the windshield can be tinted to a maximum of 10% of the total windscreen area and the tint must have a minimum of 35% visible light transmission (VLT).

The front side windows can be tinted to a minimum 35% VLT.

Rear windows (including the back) vary a bit between jurisdictions but are in the order of a minimum 20%V LT.

What does the various levels of VLT look like.

image.png

https://www.gov.uk/tinted-vehicle-window-rules

Tinted vehicle windows: the law
The rules for tinted front windscreens and front side windows depend on when the vehicle was first used. There are no rules for tinting the rear windscreen or rear passenger windows.

Vehicles first used on 1 April 1985 or later
The front windscreen must let at least 75% of light through and the front side windows must let at least 70% of light through.

Vehicles first used before 1 April 1985
The front windscreen and front side windows must both let at least 70% of light through.

Penalties for having wrongly tinted windows
It’s illegal to fit or sell glass (or a vehicle already fitted with glass) that breaks the rules on tinted windows.

The police or the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) vehicle examiners use light measuring equipment to measure window tint.

If your windscreen or front side windows are tinted too much you could get:

a ‘prohibition notice’ stopping you using your vehicle on the road until you have the extra tint removed
a penalty notice or court summons

• Like 1

Well, Beach gal asked me to go to one of her gardens today an cut some flowers for her .. she rarely asks me to do anything .. so, when she asks I am more than willing ....

I asked her which garden .. I named them 1 - 2 or 3 .. because I can never remember the flowers names in Thai ...She uses a shit load of flowers in her flower shop and she figures it is cheaper and more fun to grow what she can ....

Took out my trusty knife and went to work ....

IMG_6029.JPG

IMG_6030.JPG

IMG_6031.JPG

IMG_6032.JPG

IMG_6033.JPG

• Like 5

22 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Just got off the phone to Sky , the discounts applied to my accounts expire this month , so rang them to get some more ....  and set a reminder for Jun 2022 to call them again 👍

I was dead lucky. I cancelled my full price subscription of £78 per month in Feb 2020 before coming to Pattaya on holiday. Little did I know I would stay for over 6 months.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, bob lt said:

I was dead lucky. I cancelled my full price subscription of £78 per month in Feb 2020 before coming to Pattaya on holiday. Little did I know I would stay for over 6 months.

Got mine down to £44.50 for the next 18 months - Sky Entertainment  , box sets and sport 

• Like 2

Just looking at the figures for today's weather, here is the length of our daylight, from Environment Canada's website:

Sunrise 10:58 MST Sunset 16:49 MST

Historically, the lowest temperature recorded for this date was in 1977, at -45.6C; and the highest was 9.5C recorded in 1986 - anything's possible here in winter! 

• Surprised 1