What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

1 minute ago, maipenrai said:

I've been retired from full-time employment for 12 years! This time I am starting with a 60 day visa which I will extend by 30 days, and then I'll decide from there whether I stay longer or not; my last trip, which ended up running into Covid, was five months. 

Ah that’s great. Don’t be boring like me and bury yourself in a Chiang Mai condo because you wore yourself out from 100 shags in 2 weeks in BKK/Pattaya. See the Southern beaches, see Cambodia, check out a rooftop bar with a 1300 baht cocktail…..you get the point, EH? 

Have fun and safe travels, hope you give us a play-by-play like @Stillearly

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, maipenrai said:

I had a flu shot yesterday and am feeling some effects today, on top of the beer I  swilled afterwards; my house sitter is coming over this afternoon and we'll clean the chimney and fire up the woodstove together - it's supposed to turn colder tonight so I'll just keep the stove burning now until he moves in next Friday after dropping me at the airport...

Gord, if you are around BKK early Jan, would love to meet up with you again....Mr Smooth is going to be in town and a meet up at Hooters looks inevitable. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Bugger!

I had plans to get out walking early but noticed there was no water in my pipes which meant that I had a leak somewhere. So at first light I switched the pump on and walked round the back to check.

The gasket on the pump outlet is leaking. No problem, tiz a job that can be put off for a day or two, and I can get out walking today!! Except that a mate saw be walk around the back and come to take a look. He is now trying to find a gasket lying around somewhere to replace the old one.

Great having Thai friends willing to help out!

The pump is 10 years old from new and this is the first sign of it showing its age..

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Bugger!

I had plans to get out walking early but noticed there was no water in my pipes which meant that I had a leak somewhere. So at first light I switched the pump on and walked round the back to check.

The gasket on the pump outlet is leaking. No problem, tiz a job that can be put off for a day or two, and I can get out walking today!! Except that a mate saw be walk around the back and come to take a look. He is now trying to find a gasket lying around somewhere to replace the old one.

Great having Thai friends willing to help out!

The pump is 10 years old from new and this is the first sign of it showing its age..

I have a couple of good mates of 'older years' who also suffer now from the occasional leak, to date thankfully all my seals appear to still be in good working order !!!

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

On a fucking magical mystery tour on the train home. Backwards,forwards, fucking everywhere.

Used to cost £23 for a return to Waterloo,£30 now and nearly twice the journey time.

Twice the time at about 30% extra, seems like a bargain for train enthusiasts.

• Haha 2

Just flown fron Don Muang. Very good. I checked in online and didn't have to go to the check-in counter (only carry on bag). My e-checkin voucher was then ok for immigration and boarding. Of course any low-bat phone problem would be an issue.

• Thumbs Up 1