Royal Thai Naval Museum, Bangkok

1 hour ago, tommy dee said:

I have to notice that the Yanks felt obliged to post on their diving helmets which was was front, which I found amusing

Smart Americans usually find a way to dodge military service. The dumb ones just claim 'bone spurs'... 😁

• Surprised 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/8/2023 at 8:15 AM, tommy dee said:

I have to notice that the Yanks felt obliged to post on their diving helmets which was was front, which I found amusing

Given that the marking is on the detachable diving weight, and not on the helmet itself, I'd say that it was intended to distinguish the front weight from the back weight.

https://www.antiquedivehelmets.com/product.php?id=351&categoria=1

On 3/8/2023 at 10:10 AM, lazarus said:

Smart Americans usually find a way to dodge military service. The dumb ones just claim 'bone spurs'... 

Claiming anything doesn't really help unless the military doctors who check the recruit agree that the recruit has the condition.

1 hour ago, Nickrock said:

Will have to remember to Google the location next time I'm in Bangkok and Mrs Rock is on a shopping expedition 

Isn't it just around the corner from Soi Cowboy?  :default_071:

2 hours ago, Rompho Ray said:

Claiming anything doesn't really help unless the military doctors who check the recruit agree that the recruit has the condition.

Sure they do... 🤣

. . .

Case in point...

Trump's "bone spurs" to avoid Vietnam were bogus, say podiatrist's daughters
It was family lore that the doc had done it as a favor to Fred Trump

https://www.vice.com/en/article/mbydaa/trumps-bone-spurs-to-avoid-vietnam-were-bogus-say-podiatrists-daughters

Edited by lazarus

Vice.com, podiatrist's daughters, family lore BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!  Priceless.

Here's the record of Trump's medical evaluations:

image.jpeg

It shows that he appeared before the draft board 8 times (surely a record for a "draft dodger"), and that his final draft qualification was "4-F", or "medically unfit".  

Facts.  Nothing but facts.

I have plenty of issues with Trump, but a guy who went to military high school, and appeared before the draft board 8 times, is not who I would question about military preparedness.