Bluetooth

Glasseye

What are your experiences with it.

I have figured out how to connect my pc to my "smart" t.v.     it works brilliant, until it doesn't. The t.v. freezes up often. When it does this I have to turn the tv off and on again, and then reconnect with the PC. Pain in the ass.

Basically my regard of Bluetooth thus far is that it is shit.

Any thoughts ?

• Like 1

My experience with Bluetooth has been less than favorable too. As interference and range is an issue, I only use them when I'm stationary or moving about a short distance. I also found that if I use them to watch a movie I have to tweak the audio synch slightly to keep the actors mouths in synch with the dialog as they speak.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Glasseye said:

I am beginning to think the issue is something to do with the smart t.v. settings.

I've got a 55-in LG Smart TV with the new Smart remote. Simple enough I just go to settings go to Bluetooth add device make sure the device is on job done it finds it and adds it automatically.

I use Bluetooth quite and its a great wire less alternative. Bit  it depends on the quality and capability of the devices that you use it with. 

I have found that the range and strength can vary according to what equipment I use. 

Since the Bluetooth signal is generated and recieved by individual units, it very much depends on the strength and quality of the signal. Some units work better than others. 

As has been said, interference from other electronic devices can also play a part in poor pairing. 

Too many Bluetooth pairings in one room can cause havoc. 

Always good to have hard wired connection as a back up. 

I think that over time, Bluetooth technology will be replaced by a more efficient wireless communication. For now most electrical equipment is Bluetooth compatible, except obviously for most white goods (fridges, washing machine etc).

Even my room thermostats are Bluetooth that communicate with the boiler. 

I find the best use of Blutooth is in my car, where I can make/recieve totally hands free calls whilst driving. The smartphone being in very close proximity to the Bluetooth dash unit, never breaks up and also great for playing music from phone through car stereo.  Usually a slight glitch for a couple of seconds whilst pairing, but both units remember the pair unless removed

2 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

I've got a 55-in LG Smart TV with the new Smart remote. Simple enough I just go to settings go to Bluetooth add device make sure the device is on job done it finds it and adds it automatically.

Yep... I can add it, not an issue. It will just suddenly cancel itself out. Then I have to turn off/on the t.v. and sign back on. I connect on my PC not a phone.

8 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

I use Bluetooth quite and its a great wire less alternative. Bit  it depends on the quality and capability of the devices that you use it with. 

I have found that the range and strength can vary according to what equipment I use. 

Since the Bluetooth signal is generated and recieved by individual units, it very much depends on the strength and quality of the signal. Some units work better than others. 

As has been said, interference from other electronic devices can also play a part in poor pairing. 

Always good to have hard wired connection as a back up. 

I think this probably is the thing. Some devices connect better than others and/or hold the signal better than other devices. 

When I start growing my audio system if I go with wireless speakers I will go with wifi speakers. Seems like what I am finding is they are much stronger and reliable signal. 

It might be some kind of issue with the bluetooth function within the t.v. or the computer. Or, maybe I'm just an idiot.

3 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

I think this probably is the thing. Some devices connect better than others and/or hold the  

It might be some kind of issue with the bluetooth function within the t.v. or the computer. Or, maybe I'm just an idiot.

No you not an idiot. It is more than likely just that. Once two units are paired, that's it unless the signal is broken or corrupted by interference. 

You know I just realized something.    Every time I turn on the t.v. the air purifier shuts off. The signal on the remote must be the same fucking freq. I wonder if the air purifier is causing some kind of interferrence that is causing the signal to be broken.

3 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

You know I just realized something.    Every time I turn on the t.v. the air purifier shuts off. The signal on the remote must be the same fucking freq. I wonder if the air purifier is causing some kind of interferrence that is causing the signal to be broken.

Could well be. 

3 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Every time I turn on the t.v. the air purifier shuts off.

I was convinced I could rewire my 63 VW bug I got a wiring diagram and went to work when I was finished the blinker lights didn't work but when I turn them on the windshield wipers went on when I pulled the headlight knob to turn the headlights on the engine died. The next day it went into the mechanic he had a good laugh

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

I was convinced I could rewire my 63 VW bug I got a wiring diagram and went to work when I was finished the blinker lights didn't work but when I turn them on the windshield wipers went on when I pulled the headlight knob to turn the headlights on the engine died. The next day it went into the mechanic he had a good laugh

As Rod Stewart once said.... "Never a Dull Moment"

Shit gives me heartburn....

• Like 1

On 3/18/2023 at 10:33 AM, Nightcrawler said:

I think that over time, Bluetooth technology will be replaced by a more efficient wireless communication. For now most electrical equipment is Bluetooth compatible, except obviously for most white goods (fridges, washing machine etc).

Bluetooth fridges and washing machines certainly exist now but wifi connected seems to be more the norm.  Personally I don't see the point in connecting either, but these companies will always make shlt we don't need and try to convince us we do.

On 3/18/2023 at 10:56 AM, Glasseye said:

ou know I just realized something.    Every time I turn on the t.v. the air purifier shuts off. The signal on the remote must be the same fucking freq. I wonder if the air purifier is causing some kind of interferrence that is causing the signal to be broken.

Remotes are normally IR.  If that's the case here then electrical noise shouldn't disrupt them, although light from the tv screen could theoretically turn off the purifier if within line of sight.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KWA said:

Remotes are normally IR.  If that's the case here then electrical noise shouldn't disrupt them, although light from the tv screen could theoretically turn off the purifier if within line of sight.

I am evil i know i have a ir blaster in my phone about a year ago myself and a friend went into Coffee and Beer on Pattaya Tai and i had downloaded a app for remote control for TVs and it covered them all. Well it was morning time and all in the place were off they had 4 or 5 tvs. So i started to turn them on and off and change the volume up and down. the 2 girls working there went mad in the end they thought they had a ghost in the place. Yea I know i know i am bad

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 3/18/2023 at 11:46 AM, Glasseye said:

I think this probably is the thing. Some devices connect better than others and/or hold the signal better than other devices. 

When I start growing my audio system if I go with wireless speakers I will go with wifi speakers. Seems like what I am finding is they are much stronger and reliable signal. 

Wi fi speakers!!! 

Brad, I know you enjoy your music a lot. Don't f**k around with those speakers please. Get yourself some proper hi-fi speakers and don't be cheap on the speakers cables. Makes a big difference mate. 

WiFi speakers... Sacrilege! 

14 hours ago, Aqualung said:

Wi fi speakers!!! 

Brad, I know you enjoy your music a lot. Don't f**k around with those speakers please. Get yourself some proper hi-fi speakers and don't be cheap on the speakers cables. Makes a big difference mate. 

WiFi speakers... Sacrilege! 

I have been giving this a lot of thought. And for sure understand what you are saying.

I am thinking it (wireless) would be something I regret. I need to find someone good at helping me with the wiring though. I'm getting too old for that kind of shit.