Bryan Adams Concert in Bangkok...

Yessongs

Great report and pics Mike TFP. When i saw this gig advertised i immediately thought of you and the prospect of us getting together to attend but alas i don't think my state of health would have allowed it, shame but thats life mate, i've no doubt you and your lovely wifey enjoyed it, i know i would have.

Seen BA twice in London back in the 80's, i think he's brill, glad to hear he did'nt disappoint. 

My fav............

Edited by Pumpuynarak
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Great report and pics Mike TFP. When i saw this gig advertised i immediately thought of you and the prospect of us getting together to attend but alas i don't think my state of health would have allowed it, shame but thats life mate, i've no doubt you and your lovely wifey enjoyed it, i know i would have.

Seen BA twice in London back in the 80's, i think he's brill, glad to hear he did'nt disappoint. 

My fav............

Hope you're ok pal?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Every purchase will be scrutinized, analyzed, looked at, looked at up in the air, on the ground, and of course, the cell phone will be used to verify its authenticity LOL!

She isn't looking at anything! She is so damned proud of you and her together that she wants everybody to see how happy she is and is taking her time to max out the moment!

Belated Happy Birthday !!!

• Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, lazarus said:

^ Great 'staycation' report. Always liked Bryan Adams.

Amazing they sell weed in the shopping center. 😎

Thanks Matt, hey he is at Chase Center July 30th, right in your backyard. This tour he is doing and the setlist he is playing, is a winner for sure. Take your Daughter, it will cost you alot less then "Twice"  "Please Believe Me" LOL! 

20 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

My fav............

Thanks Cliff, yeah this guy is the real deal STILL. Saw him 2 times, both in the 90's and his voice is still right there. By the way, the women there....they like him alot.....dressed to the 9"s. :default_goodjob:

19 hours ago, roomark said:

Nice one Mike I forgot how many good tunes he has had till you rhymed them all off.

My kind of night.

Great pics too

Thanks Roomark, concerts and great music, still a winner after all of these years. 

18 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

Belated HBY and thanks for the report- you really do go the extra mile dragging around a proper camera, but the results are fantastic.

Love the plectrum story. All that gym time and still it's Mrs Yessongs in heels that's got game!😉

Thanks Lemondrop, yeah you only live once. Try to get good pics you know. Wifey is amazing to say the least.....no one messes with her in the "hood" here. She is doing 7, 8 and 9 lb dumbbells these days LOL! 

18 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Great report and pictures and Happy Birthday 🎂🍺

Thanks buddy, appreciate that. 

17 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

She isn't looking at anything! She is so damned proud of you and her together that she wants everybody to see how happy she is and is taking her time to max out the moment!

Belated Happy Birthday !!!

Oh Derek, you are way too kind. Would you have bought your wife a "Prada" purse for $162k baht?  Just curious LOL! 

16 hours ago, galenkia said:

Happy Birthday Mike, glad you had a great time mate.

Great pics as usual.

Thanks Alan, hope all is well with you and we got to hit a concert one day together before you have to push me in a wheel chair LOL! 

IMG_3116.JPG

• Thanks 3
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Everyone I know who has seen Bryan Adams has said he puts on a terrific show and makes sure to play the "hits" that the audience wants to hear. Unlike somebody like Van Morrison. Glad you and the wife had a great time.

Sorry to say, since the move to Vegas, I haven't made it to any concerts. The prices on the secondary markets, such as Stub Hub, for some of these acts is just outrageous. Where you two sat for this show, a similar seat for Sting, coming in a couple weeks to play as series of shows, were going for as much as $2900 USD, per ticket, 7-8 rows back.

Thats a premium economy ticket at Christmas for nearly 40 hours in the air round trip to BKK.

Sorry, but I guess I won't be standing so close to him since I can't afford that. Talk about highway robbery! Somebody should call the.....oh never mind!

Cheers Mike!

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, Mr. Smooth said:

Everyone I know who has seen Bryan Adams has said he puts on a terrific show and makes sure to play the "hits" that the audience wants to hear. Unlike somebody like Van Morrison. Glad you and the wife had a great time.

Sorry to say, since the move to Vegas, I haven't made it to any concerts. The prices on the secondary markets, such as Stub Hub, for some of these acts is just outrageous. Where you two sat for this show, a similar seat for Sting, coming in a couple weeks to play as series of shows, were going for as much as $2900 USD, per ticket, 7-8 rows back.

Thats a premium economy ticket at Christmas for nearly 40 hours in the air round trip to BKK.

Sorry, but I guess I won't be standing so close to him since I can't afford that. Talk about highway robbery! Somebody should call the.....oh never mind!

Cheers Mike!

Yeah some of the shows in America are just way overpriced. So any idea how much that ticket in the area you wanted to sit the day they went on sale, with out having to buy from a ticket "broker" was going for?  My last 2 concerts that I went to, Mc Cartney in Oakland and Aerosmith in Las Vegas were the 2 most expensive shows I have ever paid for. As long as people pay it, the promoters are going to get it......that simple. 

Just a side note here, Livenation here in Bangkok  was the promoter for the Bryan Adams show right? Thaiticket major sold the tickets. There are no secondary markets here ( that I am aware of)  checked Craigslist here too. No one sells tickets here as a secondary provider. Why is that? When you buy your tickets online here, you pay for them, they send you a PDF file to your e-mail right? That ticket has your name on it and your wife/gf etc. They say that the person entering the venue has to show ID to make sure that the name on the ticket, matches the ID. At least that is a somewhat of a  good way of having big shows, and thousands of scalpers buying them, then re-selling at much higher prices.  

20 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Just pure pisstaking imo

Spot on assessment...

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Excellent yet again Mike. Happy belated birthday wishes to your good self. 

Sorry to say I'm not a big Brian Adams fan although I do love a few of his tunes. 

What put me off was the "everything I do, I do it for you" song. Whilst good it was played to death here in the UK. Annoyingly so. 

Still, he's still here among us and that's great. 

16 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Yeah some of the shows in America are just way overpriced. So any idea how much that ticket in the area you wanted to sit the day they went on sale, with out having to buy from a ticket "broker" was going for?  My last 2 concerts that I went to, Mc Cartney in Oakland and Aerosmith in Las Vegas were the 2 most expensive shows I have ever paid for. As long as people pay it, the promoters are going to get it......that simple. 

Just a side note here, Livenation here in Bangkok  was the promoter for the Bryan Adams show right? Thaiticket major sold the tickets. There are no secondary markets here ( that I am aware of)  checked Craigslist here too. No one sells tickets here as a secondary provider. Why is that? When you buy your tickets online here, you pay for them, they send you a PDF file to your e-mail right? That ticket has your name on it and your wife/gf etc. They say that the person entering the venue has to show ID to make sure that the name on the ticket, matches the ID. At least that is a somewhat of a  good way of having big shows, and thousands of scalpers buying them, then re-selling at much higher prices.  

Spot on assessment...

I become aware of who is playing when and where based upon when I see the announcement come across my FB feed. When I click on for more information, it shows whats available and where in the venue they are. Not all are going for outrageous prices, but the big names pretty much are. 

Bill Burr, I think who is on par with Dave Chappelle, coming in May and the cheapest for him was $65 plus all fees, for the back of the venue. On the floor, well into triple figures. Taylor Swift has two stadium shows, Friday and Saturday night, meaning she will have sold about 110,000 tickets, and I can't even find out how much any of the remaining tickets cost as you have to sign in online and wait. But.....to just park your car at the stadium costs a whopping $50 USD!

TO PARK THE DAMN CAR!!!! 

Shortly after moving here, I read that Adele, who had a residency here, was having trouble filling the venue she was performing at, I think it was Caesars Palace, but not sure, and people were being able to buy unsold tix for as little as $100 to fill the seats, sitting nearby people who had paid exorbitantly more money for their seats. 

I guess I view such things through the lens of what that amount of money spent would get me on an overseas location, even Pattaya, and would it be worth it to me. I say no, I'd rather have that cash to spend when I take off. I'm sure many of our bm's, if they live in or near London for example, would question an act coming to the Royal Albert or O2 with whether to pay the huge sum of pounds for a ticket to see them or save up that money for that flight to BKK.

But, as has been said, somebody, actually a lot of somebodies, are paying these prices so the market dictates the cost.

I'll settle for a premium economy seat with ample leg room, thank you very much.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, Aqualung said:

Excellent yet again Mike. Happy belated birthday wishes to your good self. 

Sorry to say I'm not a big Brian Adams fan although I do love a few of his tunes. 

What put me off was the "everything I do, I do it for you" song. Whilst good it was played to death here in the UK. Annoyingly so. 

Still, he's still here among us and that's great. 

Steve, fully understand. Bryan Adams and many other bands/groups get overplayed on FM radio to death. “Hotel Calif”  "Sweet Home Alabama”  "Brown Sugar”  “Roundabout”  “Pour Some Sugar On Me”  “You’ve Got A Friend”  “Imagine” “Sweet Child of Mine” “Iron Man” and thousands and thousand of songs are beat to death. It’s just the way it is. I just tune to another station if this happens. Mostly though these days, I choose what I WANT to hear you know. 

5 hours ago, Mr. Smooth said:

I become aware of who is playing when and where based upon when I see the announcement come across my FB feed. When I click on for more information, it shows whats available and where in the venue they are. Not all are going for outrageous prices, but the big names pretty much are. 

Bill Burr, I think who is on par with Dave Chappelle, coming in May and the cheapest for him was $65 plus all fees, for the back of the venue. On the floor, well into triple figures. Taylor Swift has two stadium shows, Friday and Saturday night, meaning she will have sold about 110,000 tickets, and I can't even find out how much any of the remaining tickets cost as you have to sign in online and wait. But.....to just park your car at the stadium costs a whopping $50 USD!

TO PARK THE DAMN CAR!!!! 

Shortly after moving here, I read that Adele, who had a residency here, was having trouble filling the venue she was performing at, I think it was Caesars Palace, but not sure, and people were being able to buy unsold tix for as little as $100 to fill the seats, sitting nearby people who had paid exorbitantly more money for their seats. 

I guess I view such things through the lens of what that amount of money spent would get me on an overseas location, even Pattaya, and would it be worth it to me. I say no, I'd rather have that cash to spend when I take off. I'm sure many of our bm's, if they live in or near London for example, would question an act coming to the Royal Albert or O2 with whether to pay the huge sum of pounds for a ticket to see them or save up that money for that flight to BKK.

But, as has been said, somebody, actually a lot of somebodies, are paying these prices so the market dictates the cost.

I'll settle for a premium economy seat with ample leg room, thank you very much.

Well said Mr. Smooth, these are the times we live in these days and at the end of the day we all  have "personal choices" to make our decisions on how much money we want to spend for what we like and what we don't like. For us in the USA, we all know Ticketmaster who merged with Livenation, has been a "monopoly" for years. Like you referred to, love it when I saw the CEO of Ticketmaster was called to DC to explain what went wrong with the Taylor Swift fiasco. 

Was good seeing our congress people like Amy Klobuchar, grilling him about Ticketmaster and him telling everyone that merging with Livenation was actually a "good thing" for everyone??  Yeah right. Perhaps him and George Santos should get together for dinner huh and maybe he can get him some seats and Santos can tell everyone he has been a " Swiftie" for years now LOL! 

Unfortunately it is not just concerts, took wifey to see The Warriors play back in March 2022. Jesus, $14 for a Corona, $50 to park your car, and I am going to pull a "George Santos" and tell you I got tickets to this game for $90 LOL!  Ok, OK, Ok....just let it go. Again, we all have choices. Sometimes though, I just want to do some things, and I throw the " it's too expensive" out the window and just deal with it you know? 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just a few more thought about Bryan Adams ( if anyone cares) like I said, it was his last night of the tour in Bangkok. Told everyone how much he appreciated everyone coming out to see his show. He last played here 30 years ago in 1993 and he was only 33 years old then. Had to cancel a show here in Jan 2017 he was scheduled to play at Impact Arena as the King had passed away. He again thanked everyone for coming out and said that he realizes that the traffic in Bangkok is tough and for everyone coming from other places in Thailand dealing with that, he saw first hand. Told everyone that he had arrived from the show in Manila he did on Wed, then flew in here on Thursday and the traffic was tough even at 3:00pm getting to the hotel.

Seems like a real humble guy and loves his fans. 

Here is how they deal with ticket scalpers here etc.....your name is on the ticket and you have to show ID before entering the venue to make sure you are who you say you are. No ticket brokers here, no re-sellers and no secondary outlets.....at least that I am aware of. 

82322000195 (1).jpg

82322000196 (1).jpg

• Like 5
  • Great Info 1