What did you learn today?

fygjam

Well we have threads wanting to know what you are doing, eating, drinking, watching, listening to etc so why not. Feel free to add your own mind blowing revelations.

A comment on the New South Wales election.

“I’ll stick my neck out here but I believe more people drew dicks on their ballot paper today than voted for these cookers.”

So what's a cooker?

Cookers can be found everywhere, that just happens to be the Australian term for them. It refers to someone whose brain has been cooked by overexposure to conspiracy theories and unhinged online rhetoric.

https://cookerpedia.org/wiki/Cooker

The cooker party AKA Australia One Party received 0.74% of the vote.

Edited by fygjam
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 5

Finally got round to writing my Will.

Reached the section about Funeral wishes.

I looked up the cheapest way possible with the Coop simply as I can see their local funeral home from my kitchen window.

Turns out to be 1.195 pounds for their Direct no frills cremation service.

I am totally anti formal Funerals so that will do nicely.

So written request to family to go straight to the wake.

If I am back in Thailand at the time then any local Temple cremation will do.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Not sure what I did call him but he did want to charge me with assaulting a police officer.

Should have told him you were fully charged after the tasering but you'd get in touch when you went flat.

• Haha 4

I learnt this morning that the roast chicken I will be served on my first evening back in Thailand at the wife`s place will have been shot down from the mango tree with a dart gun, apparently that`s were they go to seek refuge.:default_cry: 

• Haha 4

54 minutes ago, Binlid said:

I learnt this morning that the roast chicken I will be served on my first evening back in Thailand at the wife`s place will have been shot down from the mango tree with a dart gun, apparently that`s were they go to seek refuge.:default_cry: 

Be sure to check that the dart's been removed.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Binlid said:

This weekend i'll be getting laughed by the the inlaws when i try to use the long pole with blade/scythe thing at the end to cut down a fresh coconut from the coconut tree, then diving outta the way for fear of it hitting me on the head if i successfully dislodge one :default_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Krapow said:

This weekend i'll be getting laughed by the the inlaws when i try to use the long pole with blade/scythe thing at the end to cut down a fresh coconut from the coconut tree, then diving outta the way for fear of it hitting me on the head if i successfully dislodge one :default_biggrin:

Yer, those fuckers are heavy. 

The Norwegian lundehund ("puffin dog") is the rarest breed of dog recognized by the American Kennel Club, ranking in last place among 197 breeds. The lundehund is considered one of the rarest breeds in the world, with only 1,400 to 1,500 known to exist.

Norwegian-Lundehund-MP.jpg

The lundehund is an ancient breed, predating the Vikings. It was confined to isolated Norwegian islands and was used to hunt puffin birds among crevices in rocky cliffs.  By the 20th century, the puffin had ceased to be a source of meat for Norwegians and the lundehund breed almost went extinct in the 1960s.

The dog developed six toes on each foot to help it climb slippery rocks.

I learned this when I clicked on an Internet list of the rarest dogs in the U.S. 

• Great Info 3

3 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

The Norwegian lundehund ("puffin dog") is the rarest breed of dog recognized by the American Kennel Club, ranking in last place among 197 breeds. The lundehund is considered one of the rarest breeds in the world, with only 1,400 to 1,500 known to exist.

Norwegian-Lundehund-MP.jpg

The lundehund is an ancient breed, predating the Vikings. It was confined to isolated Norwegian islands and was used to hunt puffin birds among crevices in rocky cliffs.  By the 20th century, the puffin had ceased to be a source of meat for Norwegians and the lundehund breed almost went extinct in the 1960s.

The dog developed six toes on each foot to help it climb slippery rocks.

I learned this when I clicked on an Internet list of the rarest dogs in the U.S. 

Beautiful dog. Just the right size. 

Next dog(s) I may one day bring into my life most likely will be midsized. Although it is difficult to predict such things.

On 3/28/2023 at 6:42 PM, galenkia said:

Not sure what I did call him but he did want to charge me with assaulting a police officer.

Must have been the lazy skinny armed type. I would have just waited for a backup and take your behind down to the ground. Or just tell you to f**k off and  go home.    

:default_1263: