Thailand Cracking Down on Cheeky Tourist YouTube VDOs

lazarus

At least (for now) it's only Koreans... 😉

Enforcement could be problematic with bargirls and angry Thai women in charge. 🤕

. . .

Koreans warned against making inappropriate videos in Thailand

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/nation/2023/04/113_348220.html

The Korean Embassy in Thailand has recently highlighted and warned Korean YouTubers against uploading inappropriate content while traveling in the Southeast Asian country, specifically any content that includes the sexual harassment of local women.

Several Thai news outlets, including Bright TV and Amarin TV, reported earlier this month about a male Korean YouTuber who was accused of filming Thai women in the streets without their consent and sexually harassing them. This prompted the embassy's warning.

A Thai woman interviewed by local media said she felt "scared and uncomfortable" when the man, holding his camera, approached and asked her out for a drink. She rejected him multiple times, but the YouTuber did not leave and continued to film her without permission. The woman also said when she visited his channel, there were dozens of videos of him harassing other Thai women.

The videos also featured vulgar and obscene content in local hostess bars and the sexual objectification of Thai women including a hotel staffer.

As of Friday, the YouTuber's videos have been taken down but there are still other male Korean YouTubers with similar content on their channels.

Following criticism from Thai residents, the Korean Embassy in Bangkok has issued a warning to its citizens to refrain from such behavior, which violates local law.

"Asking random people out for drinks in the streets or visiting local hostess bars for video content may be offensive to Thai people. Also, filming people without consent may be punished on charges of breach of personal information and privacy," a statement issued by the embassy said, Wednesday. "We ask our citizens who visit or live here to be cautious not to cause any harm to the country's dignity."

Online users here are condemning the YouTuber for "disgracing the nation."

"The Thai police should arrest him immediately. He is an ugly Korean," read a comment on Naver's news section.

Another commenter wrote, "I've seen other YouTubers doing similar things in Southeast Asian countries. It's a disgrace. The government should revoke their citizenship."

Edited by lazarus
@@
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Surprised 1

• lazarus changed the title to Thailand Cracking Down on Cheeky Tourist YouTube VDOs

Uh Oh, I could be in trouble here, some of the videos like Lazarus has posted, I kind of like. Gives me an idea of what is happening and the talent level out there. 

Like Bryan Adams once said "Please Forgive Me................................I Can't Stop Loving You" LOL! 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

At least it's a start. The worst of the worst are the creepy, hidden camera, stalking videos. Equally disturbing are the commenters on these type of videos that think they're great.

Bangkok112 ...Love him or hate him.....He was the Big Kahuna when it came to these kinds of videos.....Crystal clear non-shaky close-up videos of bargirls....These Koreans are just amateurs compared to Bangkok112....

7 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

The worst of the worst are the creepy, hidden camera, stalking videos. Equally disturbing are the commenters on these type of videos that think they're great.

5 hours ago, fforest said:

Bangkok112 ...Love him or hate him.....He was the Big Kahuna when it came to these kinds of videos.....Crystal clear non-shaky close-up videos of bargirls....

!!! 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Bazle said:

!!! 

Hey, Bangkok112 filming might of been of a questionable nature....

But no one can say he was not the very best at what he did.....Loads of guys tried to copy him but none could match Bangkok112s videos...

Edited by fforest

1 hour ago, fygjam said:

^^^

So he was the best arsehole in a pack of arseholes.

First I was only talking about the quality of Bangkok112s videos

and even Stickman agrees the quality is great

What sets Bangkok 112 apart from the rest is the superb quality of his recordings says Stickman..

https://www.stickmanbangkok.com/weekly-column/2017/05/hidden-video-in-bangkok-bars/

Sure he might be an asshole but that is separate from how he was able to film these videos in such low light and that no one else seems to be able to make videos on Bangkok112 level, though scores of people have tried....

Edited by fforest