EVA refund

coxyhog

As I said in another thread we had to cancel wifey's trip to Thailand due to me breaking my elbow.

When I rang them to rebook the ticket they said it'd be an extra £252 for the dates I wanted,so I said no thanks I'll have a refund.

The original ticket cost £624 & the girl on the phone said I'd get £424 back.

Just checked my CC statement & we got the full price back😀.That must be due to the ticket clerk at LHR who saw me with my arm in a sling on the night of her aborted departure.

She's now booked on Friday's EVA flight,returning in around 6 weeks at a cost of £752.

Full marks to EVA,now just don't get invaded by those pesky communists!

Edited by coxyhog
  • Like 4
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, Freee!! said:

What communists? That government in West Taiwan is a bunch of CINOs.

(Communist In Name Only)

Think he's referring to the next door neighbours ... conducting aggressive military manoeuvres around the island recently..

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Think he's referring to the next door neighbours ... conducting aggressive military manoeuvres around the island recently..

I understood, but those aren't communists (except in name only).

• Thumbs Up 1

Sorry maybe a little off topic. I had been flying EVA for over 20 years prior to COVID restrictions/shutdown transits in Taipei. EVA used to consistently have the lowest fares to LOS. Since the emergence from Covid EVA's Premium Economy/Biz fares (US West Coast) have been awfully expensive. Since post Covid have purchased Biz fares on Qatar, Asiana, and JAL for far less than EVA's Biz Fares.   

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CalEden said:

Sorry maybe a little off topic. I had been flying EVA for over 20 years prior to COVID restrictions/shutdown transits in Taipei. EVA used to consistently have the lowest fares to LOS. Since the emergence from Covid EVA's Premium Economy/Biz fares (US West Coast) have been awfully expensive. Since post Covid have purchased Biz fares on Qatar, Asiana, and JAL for far less than EVA's Biz Fares.   

I'm surprised Qatar was cheaper , I've been looking from London and only seen them much more ..

1 minute ago, Stillearly said:

I'm surprised Qatar was cheaper , I've been looking from London and only seen them much more ..

Qatar was 18 months ago. Now JAL/Asiana much cheaper. Qatar today is expensive.

1 hour ago, CalEden said:

As had I, probably 80% of my trips from either SF or LAX, were with Eva, and was checking them out first on my upcoming return in late June. But FFS! Their economy fares now are what their prem econ fares were in 2019!

But not just them as I have found on Kayak, that overall, fares across the board to SEA have gotten so much higher than what they were, no doubt the price of jet fuel in this day and age having gone up so much, the cost being passed on to the consumer.

I finally settled on Korean Air in their standard econ, which according to Seat guru, their 777's offer up a 33-34" seat pitch, which is more than the 32" Eva offers, for the trans-Pacific flight into Seoul. And the connection into BKK is the same.

I flew them in 2019 and couldn't believe the space I had in economy when seated upright, as my knees were at least a good 3-4" from the seat back in front of me. Was about the most comfortable flight in economy I've ever had for an international flight.

That and the fact that they fly from Vegas and that saves me at minimum, several hundred dollars by not needing to book a separate return flight to a west coast airport.

Yea, their fares have went up, though their only equivalent in direct from London has also went up by just as much, if not more. Thai Air.

I like them, even with the whole plane no luggage debacle when we arrived, I put that more down to Heathrow's rules due to the late take off, again, due to late arrival from Swampy.

They promised they'd get all the bags to Bangkok the next day,  which they did. Allowed me to come get them instead of the courier, and gave me 4000 Baht when I asked about compensation.

I always book direct with them now as well.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Krapow said:

Yea, their fares have went up, though their only equivalent in direct from London has also went up by just as much, if not more. Thai Air.

I like them, even with the whole plane no luggage debacle when we arrived, I put that more down to Heathrow's rules due to the late take off, again, due to late arrival from Swampy.

They promised they'd get all the bags to Bangkok the next day,  which they did. Allowed me to come get them instead of the courier, and gave me 4000 Baht when I asked about compensation.

I always book direct with them now as well.

My go to airline where possible flying to Thailand. 

3 hours ago, boydeste said:

My go to airline where possible flying to Thailand. 

Also my go-to airline for 13 years, flying premium economy - I never had a bad flight, never any problems whatsoever and the only reason I stopped flying with them was that they dropped premium economy out of Vancouver when they switched to the 787 three years ago; I tried Cathay Pacific for two trips and they don't compare, and I won't be flying with them again. 

• Like 2