Any Wine drinkers here? What are you drinking?

drifter

Lately, I’ve finally been able to start drinking wine again. And I’m looking for something decent to drink. I know I’ll be paying too much, but I don’t drink in bars really. So making dinner at home and cracking a bottle, or getting wine out is a  luxury I’m willing to pay for. 

Any recommendations on a decent red? Mainly for drinking with dinner, and afterwards. I’ve had Mont Clair, and picked up a nice half bottle of one of the Jacob’s Creek reds. Both were enjoyable. I’m not looking for wonderful 10,000 baht bottles, but just good, satisfying everyday wine. That said, if anyone knows of any fantastic but more expensive wines, please tell me. Are any of the Thai wines worth trying? 

Used to drink wine every evening at dinner at home in BKK.

Of course only French stuff. But considering the prices here in Indo, I gave up on that except for special circumstances....

The local Rosé I have here sometimes at lunch, I dont count it as a wine !

1 minute ago, Thai Spice said:

Used to drink wine every evening at dinner at home in BKK.

Of course only French stuff. But considering the prices here in Indo, I gave up on that except for special circumstances....

The local Rosé I have here sometimes at lunch, I dont count it as a wine !

The prices there are even worse than Thailand? Damn!

That said. I have to get to Indonesia within the next year. I’ve got your posts saved and plan on reading them soon. 

• Like 1

I love Wine from Bordeaux and Burgund but hardly ever buy it, because its too damn expensive. Most of the time I stick to Tempranillo (Rioja) from Spain, i think you get nearly equal quality for less money. Thats for red wine. White wine I dont drink at all.

2 minutes ago, DodgeThis said:

I love Wine from Bordeaux and Burgund but hardly ever buy it, because its too damn expensive. Most of the time I stick to Tempranillo (Rioja) from Spain, i think you get nearly equal quality for less money. Thats for red wine. White wine I dont drink at all.

Agreed.

I drink dry white wine with seafood usually. 

Muscadet or Entre Deux Mers

And of course.a sweeter white wine with foie gras !

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

As i'm no wine expert i just like what i like irrespective and i was a regular Mont Clair red box wine drinker until the Thais in their wisdom increased the price to 300bht per litre, up from 150bht.

They can shove it..........

Nice to see you here Pumpuy !

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Yes all is well thankyou Alan and i trust all is well with you. Wifey and i still get down to Patts every 3/4 months so if you're ever around mate let us know, Le Pub awaits....

Will be around for a couple of weeks Mid/late November, be good to catch up.

20 minutes ago, Al McReady said:

Will be around for a couple of weeks Mid/late November, be good to catch up.

I got a few things to firm up before i can book but we're planning on the 26th Nov for 3 nights so if you're about we'll do it ehh, i'll be in touch once we've booked. 

2 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

As i'm no wine expert i just like what i like irrespective and i was a regular Mont Clair red box wine drinker until the Thais in their wisdom increased the price to 300bht per litre, up from 150bht.

They can shove it..........

You’re kidding? It used to be 150 baht? I guess the old days really were better.

Still, beats the hell out of my old life.

21 minutes ago, drifter said:

You’re kidding? It used to be 150 baht? I guess the old days really were better.

Still, beats the hell out of my old life.

Yep i was buying an 8 litre box of MC red for circa 1200bht at Makro, since the price increase a couple of months ago they now no longer do the 8 litre but do a 3 litre for circa 900bht, no thankyou, i got nothing against price increases but this is just pure piss taking imo. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Yep i was buying an 8 litre box of MC red for circa 1200bht at Makro, since the price increase a couple of months ago they now no longer do the 8 litre but do a 3 litre for circa 900bht, no thankyou, i got nothing against price increases but this is just pure piss taking imo. 

So what are you drinking now, or have you given up on wine?