Any Wine drinkers here? What are you drinking?

drifter

On 1/17/2021 at 8:46 AM, AJSP said:

I think we are quite blessed here in the Uk as the main supermarkets seem to pretty much always have a rotating door of money off deals on wines. I regularly see £7.50 bottles down to £6 but a great one is the 25% off for 6 bottles deal so if you like a particular brand then you really are quads in. 

The best one of the 25% off 6 bottles or more is Sainsburys in my experience.They have a lot of wines already on offer & you get the 25% off of the discounted price.You can get some really nice £9-£10 wines for around £6.I usually get 18 bottles when this offer is on & then go back for more of the ones I really like(like Oyster Bay Merlot from the last offer,I bought 18 of that alone).

I suppose I'm an old wino.....🥳

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, coxyhog said:

The best one of the 25% off 6 bottles or more is Sainsburys in my experience.They have a lot of wines already on offer & you get the 25% off of the discounted price.You can get some really nice £9-£10 wines for around £6.I usually get 18 bottles when this offer is on & then go back for more of the ones I really like(like Oyster Bay Merlot from the last offer,I bought 18 of that alone).

I suppose I'm an old wino.....🥳

We really are spoilt in the UK Coxy with the price of a reasonable wine/rose. I used to consume a few bottles a week of my favourite Rose Sutter Home, i could buy it at Asda for 4 GBP a bottle, that was back in 2006 so no doubt its gone up in price.

I just refuse to pay the heavily taxed prices here in Thailand, i have plenty of alternative things i like to drink.

• Thumbs Up 1

Can anyone recco a decent wine that is available in Thailand through the major suppliers in all major cities ? I obviously don't want to pay more than i have to and i'm no expert so don't need a top quality wine, just something i find agreeable red and white.

TIA 

10 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Can anyone recco a decent wine that is available in Thailand through the major suppliers in all major cities ? I obviously don't want to pay more than i have to and i'm no expert so don't need a top quality wine, just something i find agreeable red and white.

TIA 

Perhaps a rose then 555

Found this at a whine shop on 3rd road. I actually went to Big C Pattaya South first but arrived after 2 pm at the checkout with 6 bottles of wine FFS. 

Anyway, this is fairly decent for the price.I got a Merlot and Shiraz of the same vineyard so will report back on the other one layer. 

IMG20210202183955.jpg

• Like 1