Any Wine drinkers here? What are you drinking?

drifter

Merlot for me every time. 🤪

My local pub landlord in UK does a wine tasting evening for a few locals, where he lays on food etc. Actually it’s a wine merchant who supplies his wines and he lets us taste them first. Usually get to taste about 15 or so during the evening.

Last year, this guy produced a Rose 3BB93CE9-0D77-4954-9B4D-3286B490358E.png.1bb9ec1e63a4093ff037a3ee289a4ec1.pngwine from the winery in Hua Hua! Could have knocked me down with a feather. 

It wasn’t too bad, but I wouldn’t buy it. 

• 1 month later...

Plum Merlot for me personally.....when out with friends at "The Wine Connection" here locally. Great food and wine. Very reasonably priced wine here. 

He is from Dusseldorf, pilot for Lufthansa, she is Air Traffic Control here at Swampy. Wonder how they met? LOL! 

My gym buddies from last Sat evening. 

IMG_0369.JPG

I haven't bought any wines on my 3 times a year Thai trips as over the recent years prices have sky rocketed.

Easily, i can suffer on beer for these 3 weeks.

Usually i am only looking in Festival Mall, Second Road so maybe that is my mistake!!!

Where else can I go looking for wine in Pattaya guys??

2 minutes ago, excell said:

I haven't bought any wines on my 3 times a year Thai trips as over the recent years prices have sky rocketed.

Easily, i can suffer on beer for these 3 weeks.

Usually i am only looking in Festival Mall, Second Road so maybe that is my mistake!!!

Where else can I go looking for wine in Pattaya guys??

I do believe Thailand is not at all a good place to buy good wine.

3 minutes ago, Lanzalad said:

I do believe Thailand is not at all a good place to buy good wine.

A few years i could find some decent bargains in BKK and ok buys in Patts BUT those days are now obviously gone 😉

Some of the AUS wines that i see sold in Festival Mall are well to be honest of very poor quality. They should not be seen in an overseas market.

1 minute ago, excell said:

A few years i could find some decent bargains in BKK and ok buys in Patts BUT those days are now obviously gone 😉

Some of the AUS wines that i see sold in Festival Mall are well to be honest of very poor quality. They should not be seen in an overseas market.

We would shop at friendship often and I would try a bottle every now and then as there selection was pretty good but i never had a good bottle in 3 years.

20 minutes ago, Thinkingallowed said:

Yup, that's why I'm waiting to bring my own for Christmas day. 3 bottles will cost me 3,170 baht in the UK. Probably couldn't buy a bottle of vintage champagne in Thailand for that.

From what i saw of prices in October a half decent bottle of bubbles is way over 1K. That was not vintage champers either,