Ghosts of Pattaya's Past

forcebwithu

Back when I had the bar in Soi Diamond I was quite friendly with the owner of Oasis. It was very successful, and he was making a mint out of the place. Every hour or so he'd have a 2-for-the-price-of-1 offer which was very popular, though you had to have both drinks at the same time and I seem to recall they didn't offer condoms for your beer bottle, so you had an incentive to knock it back before it got warm. He also had an in-house competition for the dancers where the girl who got the most ladydrinks in a month was given a Baht of gold (about 18K Baht in money back at that time). The last time I visited him, he was telling me that he had plans to buy a small restaurant just down the road. He'd noticed that with all the booze offers his customers were getting drunk too quickly, so he had an idea that he'd use the restaurant to produce free food for the customers so they'd stay longer and drink even more. I sold the bar not long after that and never saw him again, though I was told a few years later that he'd had to leave the country for the sake of his health, as in avoiding imminent lead-poisoning, lol. I've no idea if that was true, or what exactly happened, does anyone? It didn't sound impossible as it was about the same time that TJ of Coyotes was brutally murdered in the Lido Hotel by Tony's gym on Third Road. I knew him and his partner Deano quite well too, TJ used to like the tea I served in the bar so he was something of a regular. When the bad news surfaced, Deano headed for the outback as fast as he could, and I didn't blame him, the details of TJ's demise were not pretty. Anyway, back to Oasis on Soi Buakhao, this was 15 or so years back and a lot of beer has passed down my neck since then. I think the owner's name was Bill, and he was American or Canadian, American I think. Does anyone know what the story was there?

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Toy Boy said:

the details of TJ's demise were not pretty. Anyway, back to Oasis on Soi Buakhao, this was 15 or so years back and a lot of beer has passed down my neck since then. I think the owner's name was Bill, and he was American

I had dinner with TJ the night before they found him dead too bad he was banned from most gogos for pouching so they said . I welcomed him in Secrets no problem.

Oasis was owned by Billy Rico he sold some shares later on but we all know  how that goes.

1 hour ago, Yesitisdakid said:

I had dinner with TJ the night before they found him dead too bad he was banned from most gogos for pouching so they said . I welcomed him in Secrets no problem.

Oasis was owned by Billy Rico he sold some shares later on but we all know  how that goes.

I maybe wrong mate but I thing you meant "Poaching" a practice that could always seriously effect ones health! 🤣

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

So what happened? He sold the shares but then refused to disburse any of the profits to the new shareholders, who then got pissed off and ran him out of town? There was a a lot of that going on back then, I remember Big Andy telling me about it, though I won't mention any of the bar names I was told about at the time.

• Thumbs Up 1