Preecha Seafood

coxyhog

I just had a browse through here & there's no mention of Preecha.

My favourite seafood place in Thailand,everything is alive & swimming when you get there so the chances of a bad stomach are virtually zero.

I would say that about 95% of their clientele are Thai,with many coming down from Bangkok to eat there.

Screenshot 2023-05-11 at 12.40.16.png

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

The menu looks great, just had a look online. I normally eat locally, but will definitely give this place a visit next time based on recommendations here  

Never heard of "scalded fish" before though.  What do they do ? Remove the fish from the tank and pour boiling water over it?.

When I first looked, and print is quite small when looking at the menu, I thought it said "scolded fish". Was imagining they gave the fish a good telling off before putting it in the pan 😁😁😁😁 

There arn't many actual fish restaurants in London near to where I . The ones  in the West end tend to be  extremely expensive 

Prices look very reasonable at Preecha considering its all cooked from fresh. 

Thanks for the recomnendation 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Nightcrawler said:

Never heard of "scalded fish" before though.  What do they do ? Remove the fish from the tank and poor boiling water over it?.

That's pretty much what it is .. or at least what it was when I worked in PRC. either in boiling water or hot fat...and yes the fish is still alive..

The main difference is the deep fried ones don't move when you start eating them ...

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

7 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

That's pretty much what it is .. or at least what it was when I worked in PRC. either in boiling water or hot fat...and yes the fish is still alive..

The main difference is the deep fried ones don't move when you start eating them ...

I hope they don't suffer too much. 

But then again, it could be a light relief versus suffocation 🙃

• Thumbs Up 1

The then GF and I were regulars at Pupens for a number of years. Over the last couple of years we both felt that the quality of the seafood as well as the service had fallen off. On a more recent visit with her family in town, they seemed to be doing better.

Because we had become dissatisfied with Pupens, we started driving out to Bang Saray for the seafood restaurants that are out on the piers. Good stuff. I have attached a few pics at the end.

We recently moved out near Preecha's. I noticed the good reviews, both here and on the net in general. We will likely give it a try soon, as it is less than a 15 minute drive from where we live.

Our favorite Bang Saray pier restaurant is Aow Talay. Here are a few pics from the time when no one was wearing a mask.

Aow Talay - A Sunset.jpg

Aow Talay - A.jpg

Aow Talay - D.jpg

Aow Talay - F.jpg

Aow Talay - G.jpg

Edited by ChiFlyer
  • Like 3
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...

We made it over to Preecha tonight. The food and the service were very good. I will not go into any details about location etc. as that has already been done.

However a few pics.

Oceanside table view

Preecha - A.jpg

Looking back at the restaurant's other seating areas/

Preecha - B.jpg

Fried Rice with crab meat - could have been a little more crab meat IMO

Preecha - C.jpg

The Mrs spicy kung dish - she orders this a lot - I should learn the name - she said it was very well prepared and that she liked it a lot - I sampled one of the garlic slices and yes this dish has a kick

Preecha - D.jpg

Fried Sea Bass in a Sweet and Sour Sauce - A few comments on this one. I would have preferred Grouper, but it was not on the menu. The fish was nicely fried, not overcooked like at many places. The Sweet and Sour Sauce lacked punch. It was not bad at all. 

Preecha - E.jpg

Preecha Seafood is about a 15 minute drive from our house and we both liked it. We will be back. By comparison, we both feel that it is better than Pupen's. We are discussing the Aow Talay comparison, but primarily because of the Sweet and Sour Sauce.

Wine is only available by the bottle. We ordered a Cab that cost 1000. It was very drinkable. Our bill came to 1870. including the wine.

Edited by ChiFlyer
  • Like 3
  • Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 5/31/2023 at 6:25 PM, ChiFlyer said:

We made it over to Preecha tonight. The food and the service were very good. I will not go into any details about location etc. as that has already been done.

However a few pics.

Oceanside table view

Preecha - A.jpg

Looking back at the restaurant's other seating areas/

Preecha - B.jpg

Fried Rice with crab meat - could have been a little more crab meat IMO

Preecha - C.jpg

The Mrs spicy kung dish - she orders this a lot - I should learn the name - she said it was very well prepared and that she liked it a lot - I sampled one of the garlic slices and yes this dish has a kick

Preecha - D.jpg

Fried Sea Bass in a Sweet and Sour Sauce - A few comments on this one. I would have preferred Grouper, but it was not on the menu. The fish was nicely fried, not overcooked like at many places. The Sweet and Sour Sauce lacked punch. It was not bad at all. 

Preecha - E.jpg

Preecha Seafood is about a 15 minute drive from our house and we both liked it. We will be back. By comparison, we both feel that it is better than Pupen's. We are discussing the Aow Talay comparison, but primarily because of the Sweet and Sour Sauce.

Wine is only available by the bottle. We ordered a Cab that cost 1000. It was very drinkable. Our bill came to 1870. including the wine.

Might give this a go in a few weeks, now i'm gonna be in the area for a few days.

Edit - Just realised this is very close to where we're staying -

https://www.ravindraresort.com/

Edited by Krapow

5 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Might give this a go in a few weeks, now i'm gonna be in the area for a few days.

Since you are going to be in the area, you may want to check out my very recent post about Roikhan.

Edited by ChiFlyer