On The Ground with Kuhn Ling

Khun Ling

4 hours ago, Khun Ling said:

Back again. Last here August 2022. 
my Thai step daughter (who has been calling me Dad since 2008) turns 20 today. Renewed her Thai ID yesterday and voted today. More later. Party warming up

And what part of Thailand is here? Thank you, Khun Ling enjoyed the photos.

• Like 2

It’s only 300 meters to the beach but it’s bloody hot there. We went to the beach last night after dark and it was really nice, a lot of Thais sitting on blankets on the sand have picnics. Many of my crew indulged in what they call a “squid shot “ which involves swallowing a live baby squid. I did not indulge, call me a coward, feel free. But unless I’m starving I will not swallow live squid 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Khun Ling said:

This is the Jomtien villa and kids having a great time 

IMG_0349.jpeg

IMG_0347.jpeg

My kind of kitchen. Kitchen tables are overrated, much better to have a snooker table in the kitchen.

That pool looks very inviting with the heat we've endured the past month.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

My kind of kitchen. Kitchen tables are overrated, much better to have a snooker table in the kitchen.

That pool looks very inviting with the heat we've endured the past month.

They have hardly got out of the pool since I took that pic this morning 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Very few people home so it would seem. That’s right down towards the end of Jomtien. The amount of lit windows had not changed much since it got dark. 
IMHO there are a few property investors hurting and probably more with very deep pockets that don’t give a toss 

Edited by Khun Ling
  • Thumbs Up 2

28 minutes ago, Khun Ling said:

Very few people home so it would seem. That’s right down towards the end of Jomtien. The amount of lit windows had not changed much since it got dark. 
IMHO there are a few property investors hurting and probably more with very deep pockets that don’t give a toss 

I used to live in a similar high rise in Jomtiem, and it was the same then. I asked around, and it turns out that most of the owners were from Bangkok andonly used them a few weekends a month.

17 minutes ago, Mrmango said:

I used to live in a similar high rise in Jomtiem, and it was the same then. I asked around, and it turns out that most of the owners were from Bangkok andonly used them a few weekends a month.

That would certainly explain a lot. That is why i included the time and day and date of when I saw this. Thanks for the info 

On 5/21/2023 at 2:03 PM, Khun Ling said:

Back when i lived in pratumnak and the girl and me would drive to phupen seafood at bottom of beach road wold always notice how empty all the building were b lack of lights, didnt matter what month,and that was before they started building the other humoungous new buildings.